Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,464 members, 7,923,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:21 PM

Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai (1072 Views)

IPOB Members Attack Godwin Ezeemo, Anambra Governorship Aspirant In Church / Police Teargas Protesting Shi'ite In Kano (Photos) / 10 Sect Members, One Soldier Killed In Okene Clash - Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by smsshola(m): 4:21am On Dec 15, 2015
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt-Gen Tukur
Buratai, has given his own account of how he
escaped death at the hands of suspected
members of the Shi’ite Islamic sect who, he
claimed, attacked his convoy at the weekend in
Zaria, Kaduna State.

Buratai disclosed on Monday during an interview
with journalists shortly after he appeared
alongside other service chiefs before the Senate
Committee on Defence in the National Assembly
Complex, Abuja, that his convoy was attacked
despite pleas by a detachment of soldiers for the
sect members to remove the blockade they
mounted on the highway.

He said that the refusal of the Shi’ite sect
members to clear the road and after their pleas
were rebuffed, did they try to force their way out,
resulting in the loss of many lives as the soldiers
reportedly opened fire on them.
Buratai maintained that the Shi’ite Islamic sect
members were violent, attributing his escape to
the will of God.

He said: “You want to know how I escaped? It
was by the will of God that I was able to escape
from that place.
"I think NTA was there and they aired the clip, it
was very clear. They were violent. Definitely, this
is very clear. The clips are there. That was what
happened.”

1 Like

Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by oluwaseunadebay(m): 4:27am On Dec 15, 2015
Oga Buratai, tell us how you escaped and leave stories!!!

1 Like

Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by kayusely: 4:43am On Dec 15, 2015
oluwaseunadebay:
Oga Buratai, tell us how you escaped and leave stories!!!
You're a blockhead who should go back to school. Can't you read what he said about how he escaped?

2 Likes

Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by koxyz: 4:45am On Dec 15, 2015
That doesn't mean your boys should waste the lives of over 100 civilians.
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by Oche211(m): 4:56am On Dec 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by talktonase(m): 4:57am On Dec 15, 2015
OP source please?
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by M4gunners: 5:00am On Dec 15, 2015
So i was true he got attacked by this people. Something is wrong somewhere. Anyway na dem dem.
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by Raiders: 5:07am On Dec 15, 2015
The army is clearly wrong. Its not a good reason shoot at unarmed civilian because they block the road. The Nigerian army should have been diplomatic in its approach to the situation
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by malele(m): 5:09am On Dec 15, 2015
kayusely:
You're a blockhead who should go back to school. Can't you read what he said about how he escaped?

You are a fool for believing what that goat of COAS said.

GEJ should have killed millions naa when his car was attacked in the north naaa.

2 Likes

Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by emmasege: 5:13am On Dec 15, 2015
Press up Buratai has metamorphosed into brutal Buratai. He's tested his madness with his siblings (northerners), half siblings (IPOB) should be warned.
On a serious note, the massacre was mindless & needless. The attack on those fanatics can only make them to be more virulent, like it did to Yusuf Muhammed's Boko Haram. The Nigerian state should look for a more intelligent way to displace & decimate many of these Islamic (fanatic) sects scattered all over the nation. There's one useless sect (Tawun or something) also grouping in the ancient town of Iwo in Osun state. Government should do the needful ASAP.

Our DSS should be more concerned gathering intelligence on these fanatics all over the nation instead of turning themselves into political tools in the hands of the politicians. Abi which kind country be this self?
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by sammyj: 5:29am On Dec 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by EasternLeopard: 5:39am On Dec 15, 2015
ICC will soon pick up this Army General

IPOB

SHITTE

Who next.?
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:21am On Dec 15, 2015
Kill one ordinary soldier and you will see what they will do to that village or community. Try there oga patapata and this is what you get. Ask odi people, ask fela kuti ask ask, ask.
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by joynjames366: 6:25am On Dec 15, 2015
Anyway na dem dem.
Re: Shi'ite:how I Escaped Sect Members’ Attack Buratai by jamst2(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2015
kayusely:

You are a fool,who should go back to school.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi: I Never Knew Railway Transport Existed In Nigeria / Missing Budget: General Babangida Tweets And Nigerians React / We All Love Tonye Barcaniata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.