Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,389 members, 7,929,224 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:18 AM

...before My Death Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ...before My Death Day (633 Views)

Biafra: My Death Will Bring Igbo Freedom Faster – Nnamdi Kanu / If It Is True That My Death Has Been Contracted, I'll Honor My Part - Omoyele / Even At My Death, I Will Start World War 3...hitler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

...before My Death Day by waleoyedeji60(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2015
Copyright
©2015 by Wale Oyedeji
waleayo60@gmail.com
No part of this story may be reproduced by any means
without the prior permission by the author. Anyone who
wishes to repost this story to any other online forum,
Facebook group, blog or any other website should
endeavour to acknowledge the author's identity and kindly
notify the author by sending him a mail. Love you all.
BY OYEDEJI LUQMAN ADEWALE
Aka walyntinho

Oh Lord, not of Nazareth but the wide world, You are the only One the guys in Oshodi call BABA AGBA, using the best lexicon they think will carry their meaning of magnitude, You are still the One my neighbor from Onitsha would profoundly refer to as Chineke probably because You reside in the highest chamber of unimaginable altitude. It is somewhat funny how You have so many admirable names that the Abokis even refer to You as Allah unlike what my cultural relatives call You: Eledumare. Anyway, your perpetually loyal and humble servant has come today to make some wishes to which he believes are ordained by Your Majesty even before the request.

I have come to ask that You make me one of the significant instruments of our continental change who will see to Africa's emancipation from neocolonialism -- a hindrance to our collective glory. My people are still victims of blindfold occasioned by the West's dominance in every fora: politics, economy, education, technology, and others from which we hitherto unbearably shape our lifestyles.

Despite Donald Trump's flagrant flamboyance and registered hatred for us (Africans), we still could not see that the only reason they like us is because we are gullible. Gullible enough to believe in their religions without questionning while Jesus did not come from Africa and Mohammed our region, when in deceit, only 'Devil' has Africa's origin because he's black. We are gullible to believe that shelters made here are inferior to theirs and that our way of life is outright shallowness.

We are inconsolably gullible to believe that operating single currency reform in Africa is 'never' a symbol of unity as if Europe does not have one. Gullible indeed, at least to believe that HIV/AIDS in conjunction with Ebola (EVD) is real forgetting that the white man conjured that up in his laboratory and runs the test on us so that when we 'turn' to him for help, he makes more money and gains our loyalty the more! Lord, pls empower me and progressives alike abundantly to uncover this generational veil from the eyes of our dear Africans maybe we would then work together to claim our deserved position in the community of continents BEFORE MY DEATH DAY.

Eledumare, I know it's Your doing that our clueless but ambitious Jonathan did not see the light of power back to Aso Rock in the previous election just so You can fish out Nigerian treasury looters like Dansuki, Bafawara, Dokpesi among other political carpetbaggers who have risked the lives of our precious soldiers in the battlefront with Boko Haram, a crime equal to manslaughter/genocide or on the other hand run heinous and imbecilic journalism to feed 'our' gullible minds with historical nonsense just to fill their personal purse.

Baba, these gluttons have practically brought this Nation to ruin. Make them and their unrepentant accomplices enjoy a paralytic health while this Country moves to the heights they never imagined possible so that they can bite their fingers in pathetic regret of had-I-know. This I want done BEFORE MY DEATH DAY.

Although some people believe it is elusive, but my confidence in You continually makes me believe that You can restore sanity to our Nation, where merit enjoys national patronage, where commitment to duty becomes every public and civil servant's priority (as opposed to when a secretary would ask for token before s/he performs their civic duty), where our rights would be purely treated as rights and not privileges and lastly where sectionalism would never have course to raise its ugly head against national consciousness. Chineke mee, pls surprise every doubting Thomas and make all these happen BEFORE MY DEATH DAY.

And lastly, humans get easily intoxicated with little sip of power. Reuben Abati was once a social crusader before he was bought by mindlessly gullible Otueke man, Dansuki was once in the military with a sworn oath to protect Nigerians and its belongings, General IBB would once have the interest of the masses at heart, Akintola was once a good leader of his people, the list interminable however. But alas! They all betrayed their intentions for their ambitions while in the corridor of power. Although all these unscrupulous entities still have the financial capital to raise their ugly heads in our society but I bet you, Raymond Dokpesi and children will suffer general neglect soon because of their social insolvency courtesy of the father's avarice.

Therefore Eledumare, if I found myself in any position of power tomorrow, never let me lose focus so that I would not bastardise the name OYEDEJI for my unborn children to make meaning of it.
Re: ...before My Death Day by Florblu(f): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2015
So long the letter...........
Re: ...before My Death Day by Hefemale: 7:14am On Dec 15, 2015
IS THIS A POEM OR WHAT?
Re: ...before My Death Day by waleoyedeji60(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2015
Does it really look like a poem bearing in mind the characteristics of a good poem? The write-up is meant to incur deep thinking on the part of the reader for sober reflection and to inculcate in the audience the habit of individual contributions for the uplift of our fatherland.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari At The Opening Of The 48th Ordinary Session Of The ECOWAS Authority / Happening Today-female Commissioner Kidnapped In Bayelsa / Sambo Dasuki's Gate And Buhari's Anti-corruption War: A Tale Of Many Wrongs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.