Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,817 members, 7,898,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige (22066 Views)

FG To Recruit 7,500 Graduates As Tax Advocates / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary / FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers –ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by opwa4us(m): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2015
Mrokaykay:

So u mean u will spend 5 to 7 years in the University studying Engineering or Law just endup a TEACHER... I rather dump d certificate and start business

Thank God u finally got it right. The original plan is to employ the unemployed. Why not start the business now rather than waiting for the government to pay u social security.
We don't have to be sentimental about this. And remember its boldly stated that they will undergo training before being employed as a teacher. Let's start getting it right
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by udeh3(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2015
Government in each term wants technological innovation and outrightly looks down on graduate from the polytechnics who went through school for 5 good year. Is this not an irony!
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by kings09(m): 10:59am On Dec 16, 2015
It's a dumping ground alredy. Jst dat I dnt knw wat 5k will for a graduate. Dats a 3day meal. Wat hapns 2 d other needs of such a teacher.
dtruth3:
Omg what kind of ediotic gvt is this? You want to just employ all Tom dick and Harry as teachers? I weep for the students cry cry cry

Pls Mr hon. Minister, Teaching Profession is sacrosanct. It's not a place for dumping ground!
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by shaqhead: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
And earn how much.The truth is until we reckon with true federalism in this country we can never tame unemployment.. how much do teachers earn...so all schools would be stuffed with teachers and what next..industrialise the damn country via each state.. angry..why our politicians no get sense na..
If "stuffing" our schools wt trained graduates will get our educational out of d comatose it is right now... am all for it!
I served in Rivers where there was a lack of teachers tok mo of qualified teachers and govt schools were run by corpers until 13000 were employed by d last govt.
Talkin abt industrialising our economy, where is d manpower wt d skills when ordinary POP and tiling work we look for togolese expatriates. I worked wt a firm in PH that is into industrial AC installation. My boss has a primary school education cert and went to a technical sch. On one occasion we went to shell for a little job cos one of dia chillers wasnt cooling d building it was servicing. They brought different engineers including Lebanese expatriates who couldnt find d fault tok mo of fixing it until my boss and i went there. He fixed it in less than 30mins and all dose oyibo were clapping for him. Mr. until we fix d cause of our problems d symptoms wl keep rearing its head. You dnt believe me ask a random secondary sch student a simple question frm what they hav bn thought. In ds regard our educational system shd aim past literacy to numeracy and industrialization wl spring frm ppl backyards!! If d chinese can we also can

1 Like

Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by luckyboss(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2015
So that's why Borno state needed 5000 teachers, law and engineer graduates into teaching while one person of these our old men will occupy the position of five very good jobs at a time. Are they not going retirement? what a short man with short sense!
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Mariojane(f): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2015
iamfroshsylver:
SMH
why are you shaking your head?
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by wescoboy: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2015
This is laughable! Like will surely beget like. Anyone intelligent enough to teach other person shouldn't be jobless with all his God-given abilities I think. A "jobless-man" teacher will produce an unemployable graduate I bet you. the Federal Government should encourage entrepreneurship and give support to SMEs instead. That's my take biko!

1 Like

Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by idros4real: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2015
boboLIL:
Even those that don't av the skills? Lols.... I weep for nigerian education... My children. Can nva go public school...oh

And the private ones what are they offering. They only have beautiful and fine name that's all. Most of their students were trained to become miss this miss that.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by joshk(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2015
No problem if their own son too will join in the teaching jobs and not d high profile gov jobs,dt will be good,is high time our leaders start leading with examples,first Zahra buhari should start first and other political figures sons and daughters

1 Like

Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Onlymewakacum(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2015
Maybe when his children take up teaching jobs in the public school after they graduate from foreign universities then I can begin to take him serious.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by bello2527: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2015
everything northerner, you shameless and pathetic blind fool.
you are too miopic
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Lilimax(f): 11:28am On Dec 16, 2015
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by saint047(m): 11:30am On Dec 16, 2015
greatiyk4u:

I sense frustration...easy cos high BP is real
another animal on the loose
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by HaneefahRN(f): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2015
Very myopic thinking. These pple finally want to bastardize our education sector completely. We keep forgetting teaching is a profession on it's own and shld nt be a a dumping ground. They shld create more employment phases and empower entrepreneurs, not crowd our education sector wt non-education related graduates
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by igwe44(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2015
They mean the vulnerable alamajiris in northern Nigeria
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by olayisa1987: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2015
[when so that i ll prepare
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by lookingfly: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2015
How are they going to sort out the less privilege among Nigerians........ I still don't believe this APC lies.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2015
dabriggs:

YOU HAD BETTER MAKE SURE THEY REALLY WANT TO TEACH.

DO NOT JUST OFFER THEM THOSE JOBS AS LAST RESORT.

YOU WILL FURTHER CRIPPLE THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM OF THE COUNTRY.

THERE IS NO NEED EMPLOYING SORE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO INTEREST IN KIDS AND TEACHING.

BUT ONLY DOING IT BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION.

THEY WILL BE WORSE THAN THE NIGERIAN POLICE.

THIS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM OF THE POLICE AND TEACHERS IN NIGERIA.

IT IS MAINLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAILED IN ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE THAT TAKE THESE JOBS. ONLY FEW ACTUALLY DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF IT.

Nigerian government sef.

You will employ these guys without proper checks and scrutiny then they start physically and emotionally abusing children.
Good points.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by haconjy(m): 11:57am On Dec 16, 2015
am available....so far is fed gov work
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by DeRay98(m): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2015
Mrokaykay:

So u mean u will spend 5 to 7 years in the University studying Engineering or Law just endup a TEACHER... I rather dump d certificate and start business

This is idea,get something doing by yourself for own good or wait for a poor paying white collar job.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by CioAngels(f): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
He has said it, but, is he convinved of what he just said. Ask him, are his children part of the jobless graduates? 12 empty acquisition centres for 774 local govt plus20 in lagos. unserious stealing leaders. You will train them for just nine months then turn round to say the student they taught are unemployable. I beg, where are the schools, the under the tree, unroofed buildings, makeshift or dilapidated school buildings. This your halfbaked plan meaningless and takes nowhere. You don-t idea of what to do in your ministry. Lets go back to the basics. You stealing leaders killed our education systems then shipped your children abroad for good education. Like someone asked, what happens to the existing teacher?
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by musicwriter(m): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
If he's really interested, I've created a new model of education that would employ up to 10,000 teachers immediately, for a start. Let them stop this window-dressing and let's take action for real education.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by DJBIGGY(m): 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
Kezino:

Why comparing blogging with teaching..its like comparing a job at the central bank with a railway job

My point exactly boss!!!
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Trendishine: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
And earn how much.The truth is until we reckon with true federalism in this country we can never tame unemployment.. how much do teachers earn...so all schools would be stuffed with teachers and what next..industrialise the damn country via each state.. angry..why our politicians no get sense na..
they dont have sense my brother.. sometimes i try to evaluate the kind of ediots we have in government.. they clearly seem to have no vision.. only a few.. still imagine that one of the ways in which india seems to generate revenue is through outsourcing..yet u listen to some of this brainless politicians in nigeria talk... when there is a lot to do to make job brekete 4 this country.. they dnt even have plans..industrialization do not even cross their mind,how to enforce or encourage power to support it is nothing close to their thinking,diversification, planned out model for implementation that wld cross over various sector of the ministries, economy,market , society,innovations,wether SME'S, private sector drive, constant service provision with results n product to show for that is needed not only by the country, but west africa, africa n the world. locally & internationally. solid minerals, moduler refining , transport, cargos, self sufficient production of services n goods (with abundant materials we posses) that could serve into the diaspora,churning out jobs like mad...n this is only how far a minister in nigeria can think.. even if its on emergency provision of jobs of which it is way bigger than that now, this is all a nigerian politician can think of n even begin to display it publicly..where is the plan...ngige should not get ppl annoyed, i used to accept him as a member of the apc n part of the apc government, but if he has decided to leave his brains in his anus and start yarning dust with his dirty white bearded mouth, he shld better go home, sit on a stool n think of a plan n best 21st century way of providing employment in this country n how to run that his ministry...( not this his archaic,local n business as usual,market woman sense)..... than to jump out in any owambe occasion, have a mic in your hands n start yarning dust.. cant believe this is all a minister can think of.. did he even weigh the pro's n con's.. is that how other civilized , growing n economically great countries solved their unemployment issues? the ones u are forcing into teaching jobs, how much are you willing 2 pay them n how many of them are interested in doin that or have that passion for it to translate it adequately to the students in the ryt state of mind? or you want to send another angry n disgruntled youths into classrooms to complicate the entire educational system? what of the ones that wld be replaced by them, what wld they be doin? are graduates the only unemployed in the country? is that the only sector of the country that needs services? or you are doing this just to fulfill or justify ur so-called story u are planning to tell that 'ooh' you have provided job for the youths in the country" by throwing them into emergency teaching jobs...what unfortunately myopic ministers..kai.. na wa oo. nigeria don see wee.... if you brigands have nothin to do for this country than to chop the countries wealth, why not divide it or practice true federalism so Nigerians can know what they want..what mad individuals..una mumu is too much..its so legendary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Dezzx(m): 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Finally passing shot and omenka will have jobs. Beremx you can now leave your curtain business and land agent aka omonile and join teaching.

Said Change
lol...this got me laughing so hard......i think i just crack a rib.... grin
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by shugaboy6102(m): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
Mrokaykay:

its a shame how our leaders lack creative abilities.unless graduate teachers would be paid from N150K above.God help Naija
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by banio: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Fed govt to employ teachers for Borno state. U will sign a bond that U won't abscond in 10yrs.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
Mariojane:
why are you shaking your head?

Wetin man go do na? Imagine an engineer who has spent so many years and money in uni end up bein a class room teacher. Isn't that absurd? @ times I sit and ask my sef d purpose of going to sch afta grad nd nysc we stil go back 2 learn tailoring, barbing, hair dressing and so on. Had we known we would av kuku no go sch na. Make we go learn dos works ryt frm tym.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Odunharry(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
boboLIL:
Even those that don't av the skills? Lols.... I weep for nigerian education... My children. Can nva go public school...oh
Public school hardly employ unqualified personnel, it's mostly private.

Even if you don't have a degree / background in Edu, you will be trained
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Mariojane(f): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
iamfroshsylver:

Wetin man go do na? Imagine an engineer who has spent so many years and money in uni end up bein a class room teacher. Isn't that absurd? @ times I sit and ask my sef d purpose of going to sch afta grad nd nysc we stil go back 2 learn tailoring, barbing, hair dressing and so on. Had we known we would av kuku no go sch na. Make we go learn dos works ryt frm tym.
na so. there are times i wonder why everyone is rushing to go to school. it is so annoying. they should have told us not to bother with school, we should go learn tailoring and after winning election in Nigeria they will honour us with Doctorate degree.
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by authority2006(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
Mrokaykay:

And will you steal to start a business?
Re: FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahahaha. My brother, our leaders are a grim reflection of the people- we know what to do but won't do it. The earlier they decentralise this nation the better for us all....

But I'm somehow in support of the policy.....
preye how much the olodo think say teachers dey earn and how would over populating our schools with teachers help us..where would the money come from to pay them the chicken change..This country dey vex me.. so this is all ngigie could think of..shouldn't teaching be a profession for those who love to do it...I expected the fool to suggest regionalism and industrialization..bunch of idiots...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nairaland Helped In Exposing A Fake Job Interview / How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview / LNG Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.