Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,394 members, 7,947,659 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case (1006 Views)

Falana Defends Motorist Whose Car Was Burnt By VIS / Lere Olayinka Is Guilty Of Forgery:here's The Original Denial Letter By Zenith / Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by minasota(f): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Now you all listen, when a matter is said to be
official or constitutional, that means it is
subject to documentation. That means there
must be a letter or memo conveying the import
of the matter. For instance, when I was SUG vice president in FUTO, the then imo state governor,
ikedi ohakim gave us a bus, before that a
memo signed by the SSG was sent to us asking
us to come and receive the entitlement. Though
I rejected it on the grounds that It was no
properly addressed, as such receiving will be
tantamount to receiving what is not ours as
such will be termed OBT.
So, if Mr president buhari claims it was part of
his entitlement then there must be a covering
memo and the matter would have been
discussed at the council of State meeting or
federal executive Council meeting. By the basic
standard of integrity he should have demanded
for a covering memo stating the purpose of the
gift. Since he did not do it, the giver of such gift
can tag it as bribe or his share of a shady deal.
In this case, buhari's innocence can only be
proven by either a covering memo for the gift,
or a resolution of the Council of state or federal
executive Council. If not he is culpable and
guilty of receiving a bribe, if the giver so refer it
as one.
Also, in the issue of asset declaration; it is
wrong to omit by any guise the declaration of
those SUVs. If those SUVs were not declared
(though am not certain if they were not) then
he is guilty of corruption and should resign or
face impeachment.
Thanks
Re: Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by dustydee: 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
But there is nowhere in the statement that the presidency claimed it was a gift. If you have an official car that was involved in an accident and your boss replaces it, would you call that a gift? It may not be unreasonable to expect a covering memo from your boss concerning the new vehicle, but should there be no memo but a verbal instruction would you ask your boss for a covering memo stating that he/she was giving you the new vehicle as a replacement for the damaged one or would you ask your boss if the purchase of the vehicle was appropriated for by the company?
Re: Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by minasota(f): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
dustydee:
But there is nowhere in the statement that the presidency claimed it was a gift. If you have an official car that was involved in an accident and your boss replaces it, would you call that a gift? It may not be unreasonable to expect a covering memo from your boss concerning the new vehicle, but should there be no memo but a verbal instruction would you ask your boss for a covering memo stating that he/she was giving you the new vehicle as a replacement for the damaged one or would you ask your boss if the purchase of the vehicle was appropriated for by the company?
If there is no memo, then it becomes personal deal.... Playing personal deals with arms deal is an offence on both participants.. Giver and taker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by dustydee: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
minasota:
If there is no memo, then it becomes personal deal.... Playing personal deals with arms deal is an offence on both participants.. Giver and taker
Are you talking about the arms deal or about the SUVs? That the SUVs came from the ONSA (assuming it did) does not mean it came out of the money budgeted for arms. If it did then the person that authorised it is responsible. For example, you can't hold AIT staff responsible if part of the money paid by ONSA was used to pay their salaries, infact Dokpesi may have a case if he is able to prove that the deal between him and Dasuki was done in good faith.
Re: Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by dustmalik(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
OP, under the Remuneration of Former Presidents and Heads of State (And other Ancillary Matters) Decree of 1999. Section 3, Sub Section 1 of that Decree provides that three vehicles will be provided for former heads of state and replaced every four years.

There was no illegality concerning the process of given Buhari the SUVs.
Re: Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by mccoy47(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
minasota:
Now you all listen, when a matter is said to be
official or constitutional, that means it is
subject to documentation. That means there
must be a letter or memo conveying the import
of the matter. For instance, when I was SUG vice president in FUTO, the then imo state governor,
ikedi ohakim gave us a bus, before that a
memo signed by the SSG was sent to us asking
us to come and receive the entitlement. Though
I rejected it on the grounds that It was no
properly addressed, as such receiving will be
tantamount to receiving what is not ours as
such will be termed OBT.
So, if Mr president buhari claims it was part of
his entitlement then there must be a covering
memo and the matter would have been
discussed at the council of State meeting or
federal executive Council meeting. By the basic
standard of integrity he should have demanded
for a covering memo stating the purpose of the
gift. Since he did not do it, the giver of such gift
can tag it as bribe or his share of a shady deal.
In this case, buhari's innocence can only be
proven by either a covering memo for the gift,
or a resolution of the Council of state or federal
executive Council. If not he is culpable and
guilty of receiving a bribe, if the giver so refer it
as one.
Also, in the issue of asset declaration; it is
wrong to omit by any guise the declaration of
those SUVs. If those SUVs were not declared
(though am not certain if they were not) then
he is guilty of corruption and should resign or
face impeachment.
Thanks

Nyc. So u where actually FUTO'S sug vp. Where u with Obinna Anyawu?
Re: Why I Maintain That Buhari Is Guilty Of Corruption Vis A Vis The Arms Deal Case by chriskosherbal(m): 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
You are entitled to your opinion..

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Tinubu. On Auto Correct To Tinubu But Biafra Remains The Same / Buhari,you Can't Decieve Me.#period / Buhari Supporters Write Petition To Counter Anti- Buhari Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.