Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? (870 Views)

I'm An Object Of Abuse. / How Do You Know A Lady Is Satisfied In Bed / Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
Some Warning Signs of Abuse

Isolation
Injuries & Excuses
Sudden change in personality or appearance
Self-blame
Extreme Jealousy on the part of the abusive partner

Helping a friend in an abusive Relationship

Listen without judging
When & If possible, remove them from immediate harm
Offer information, not advice
Keep it confidential
Let your friend know that you are there, no matter what
Be patient
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
There are different forms of abuse. Such as: physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and psychological abuse.

Which of these forms of abuse are you actually referring to?
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:
There are different forms of abuse. Such as: physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and psychological abuse.

Which of these forms of abuse are you actually referring to?

Great observation, Decker! The post has been modified to indicate Domestic Violence, though some of the types of abuse you mentioned also fall under "Abuse" in general.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by kossyablaze(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
Yes
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
kossyablaze:
Yes
Would you care to share? With the understanding that they would remain anonymous? Or a private message, whatever is more comfortable for you.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by kossyablaze(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
Totalgist:

Would you care to share? With the understanding that they would remain anonymous? Or a private message, whatever is more comfortable for you.
Itz a painful experience growing up recalling how my neighbours daughter dah was way more older than I am molests me.She explored and took advantage of my innocence.Doing some nasty things to me....it hurts...can't continue anymore,my eyes are already heavy.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
kossyablaze:
Itz a painful experience growing up recalling how my neighbours daughter dah was way more older than I am molests me.She explored and took advantage of my innocence.Doing some nasty things to me....it hurts...can't continue anymore,my eyes are already heavy.

Very sorry to hear about this painful memory you suffered. May I ask, if you're male or female? Do you still live in that same environment? Please remember to respond to what you feel comfortable to do.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by kossyablaze(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
Totalgist:

Very sorry to hear about this painful memory you suffered. May I ask, if you're male or female? Do you still live in that same environment? Please remember to respond to what you feel comfortable to do.
I'm male...Nah not living in the same environment.Haven't seen her for a decade now.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
kossyablaze:
I'm male...Nah not living in the same environment.Haven't seen her for a decade now.

Great to hear that! The first thing to always do, when able, is to remove oneself from immediate harm.

You've held this memory for ten years now, so I will take it that you were at an age where you could tell something was wrong. Have you ever shared this memory with anyone else? Sometimes talking through the abuse,helps you understand that you did nothing wrong. It was NOT your fault, you did not ask for it nor invite it- you were abused.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
@Kossyablaze and anyone dealing with a past childhood trauma, know that, "confronting the totality of our painful experiences is the only way to gain mastery over the past". As this is an open forum, I'll share a helpful link to get you started.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/culturally-speaking/201303/overcoming-the-pain-childhood-abuse-and-neglect
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by kossyablaze(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2015
Totalgist:

Great to hear that! The first thing to always do, when able, is to remove oneself from immediate harm.

You've held this memory for ten years now, so I will take it that you were at an age where you could tell something was wrong. Have you ever shared this memory with anyone else? Sometimes talking through the abuse,helps you understand that you did nothing wrong. It was NOT your fault, you did not ask for it nor invite it- you were abused.
Yeah shared it with 3 of my friends(girls).My mum and sisters dunno a thing bout it.Thanks for the link
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by pet4ril(f): 7:20am On Dec 17, 2015
angry domestic violence but i flee when he least expected and gave him the greatest heartbreak /shock of his life because he thought I was still going to walk down the altar with him........ Nonsense

In short i ran to another town because for the past 2yrs, hes still telling people he doesn't know i can do such a thing to him, but who care Mtcheeew
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
kossyablaze:
Yeah shared it with 3 of my friends(girls).My mum and sisters dunno a thing bout it.Thanks for the link
You are welcomesmiley. Keep in touch.
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Totalgist: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
pet4ril:
angry domestic violence but i flee when he least expected and gave him the greatest heartbreak /shock of his life because he thought I was still going to walk down the altar with him........ Nonsense

In short i ran to another town because for the past 2yrs, hes still telling people he doesn't know i can do such a thing to him, but who care Mtcheeew
Bravo! I am sorry to hear about the domestic violence you suffered but very happy that you got away from it all. Abusers (especially in DV) always put on a persona of being charming outwardly to the public. You went through the experience and so know the true reality of it all.

Continue being a survivor!
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
I've been the abuser and the abused. Life goes on, there's no big deal about it
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by pet4ril(f): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
Totalgist:

Bravo! I am sorry to hear about the domestic violence you suffered but very happy that you got away from it all. Abusers (especially in DV) always put on a persona of being charming outwardly to the public. You went through the experience and so know the true reality of it all.

Continue being a survivor!
thanks
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by AdaEkube(f): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2016
kossyablaze:
Hmmmmm.....kossy u sure so grin
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by kossyablaze(m): 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
AdaEkube:
Hmmmmm.....kossy u sure so grin
O my!Lilly!what a world....yeah I'm so sure
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by misspicy(f): 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
kossyablaze:
you no well wink grin
Re: Are You Or Someone You Know A Victim Of Abuse/ Domestic Violence? by kossyablaze(m): 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
misspicy:
you no well wink grin
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

When The Bini Bride Actually Gets Married (pix) / Oh Shit Girl Puts All Her Hand In Her Own Vagina Masturbate Live On Cam / Should The Girl Forgive The Boy ? - A Lesson To All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.