Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,319 members, 7,940,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

Days When Nigerians Trust Nigerians. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Days When Nigerians Trust Nigerians. (536 Views)

Please Read This And Advise Me, I Do Not Know Who To Trust / Ooni Of Ife Foresees Bright Economic Future For Nigeria- Daily Trust / Back In The Days When We Were Kids, Please Comment If You Were Born That Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Days When Nigerians Trust Nigerians. by tjaytb: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
I remembered 'plenty' years ago when I was in Junior high, I got stranded and I've got nothing on me but my weak legs ain't ready to venture on the then customary voluntary ''trek for Obasanjo' from Oshodi to Papa-Ajao. So with a leap of faith, I went to the park hoping n praying that someone ll either lap me or the conductor bundles me in the first row. There I was, staring at the scar-tattooed mancho whose eyes I know can scare my dead grandfather in his grave but I boy'ed up and went straight in d bus.

Half way to our destination, the expected offering commenced and everyone tendered theirs with a predictable freewill any passenger in a danfo bus would when they hear "owo e da". Me? I faked sleep! I don't know if it was my prayer or just luck, I opened my eyes and walla, my bustop. As I said "o wa o" that was when all went wrong. The conductor gave me this look of "have you paid me" and before he could open his mouth to put those thoughts in that strong scary voice, I started crying. Yeah! I literarily did that, and worst is my tears were innocent (what do you expect from an 8year old boy?)

Story short, the conductor choked on his words and asked why I was crying, I said "You owe me #30 change". Surprisingly HE JUST SHRUGGED OFF, count 30 grand (if you recollect the value of Naira to dollars then you'll know for an 8year old #30 is 30 grand) and gave it to me. Jejely, I went down, wiped my tears and took the KING's seat at the nearest KONAMI joint.

Although I know what I did was WRONG and in no way JUSTIFIED but the NIGERIA of today wouldn't have given me the opportunity to reminisce on what I did wrong, repent and change my ways. The Nigeria of today will throw me out of the moving bus, Burn me (yes, people are set ablaze for less), put dry pepper in my anus, beat me mercilessly with stuffs stronger than my bones or at the very least, break my teeth.

This story isn't to encourage bad habit but to discourage BAD PUNISHMENT and JUNGLE JUSTICE. #GodBlessNigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Days When Nigerians Trust Nigerians. by allytinted: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Olubadan, Ruler Of Ibadan Land Is Dead / How Come Where I Grew Up In Naija No One Uses The Word Useless! / Naira Spreading: Coins Vs Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.