Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,172 members, 7,939,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? (3038 Views)

Young Guys Out There,who Would Pick Amongst This Set Of Ladies??? / Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / Why Are All The Good Guys Taken? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by sexyLeamon(f): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2009
I'm lucky to be with one but I know very few guys who are good. Meaning they treat their women well, don't cheat respect them and aren't abusive and all around good guys. Why are there so few of them?
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by whitelexi(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2009
Its cos there's so many women nowadays who just "cant be bovverred" with anything!
Dont care about your home, your man's wellbeing, and there are others who do - only they're outside your relationship or marriage grin
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by deji2005(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2009
Their plenty of us is just that we difficult to find and some girls prefer bad boys I mean really bad ones,  smiley
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by justwise(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2009
sexyLeamon:

I'm lucky to be with one but I know very few guys who are good. Meaning they treat their women well, don't cheat respect them and aren't abusive and all around good guys. Why are there so few of them?

I think the prob is that 'some' women are looking for ready-made bf, they don't want to bring anything to the rela/ship apart from attitude, moaning all time about what the guy did not do for them.
They read a book on how a guy should treat his gf and go out looking for that quality in a guy.

Some guys will not give a monkey about ur looks if u got hurrible attitude. Take for a example, some girls want to date a guy who got a good job but she is jobless, how does that work? U want to date a guy with 6pack but u are bloody FAT, what do u expect?
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by sexyLeamon(f): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2009
whitelexi:

Its cos there's so many women nowadays who just "cant be bovverred" with anything!
Dont care about your home, your man's wellbeing, and there are others who do - only they're outside your relationship or marriage grin
how is the woman suppose to care, when men are so heartless now day?

deji2005:

some girls prefer bad boys I mean really bad ones,  smiley
every  women want to be loved and reapected. yes some girls love guys with bad boys image but no woman want a
bad man
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by opuro(m): 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2009
when you hear a woman tell you
my husband is good, that means the man don fall mugu for the wifey be that
na him de cook, wash cloth, take children to school, pay for every thing
and to top it all HE CALLS HER MUMMY
infact she has turn him into a complete JACKASS
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by deji2005(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2009
Me personally If I like a woman I just go after her basically, all this books, online techniques etc on how to attract a gilrl to me personally dont know about some guys is like waste of time, It doesnt work trust me if come to a girl explain my feelings toward you and you said no so be it cant kill myself, see guys we have to face and talk about reality yeah if it is a nigeria girl cant be bother to continue tosting her not all 9ja girls here but some of them, I simply walk away and look for another one, simple like ABC

Tthis my personal comment, please I wouldnt like to be abuse or using foul words against me, is a free world
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by sexyLeamon(f): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2009
justwise:

Some guys will not give a monkey about ur looks if u got hurrible attitude. Take for a example, some girls want to date a guy who got a good job but she is jobless, how does that work? U want to date a guy with 6pack but u are bloody FAT, what do u expect?
lol that funny same goes for the guys, infact one of the reason most black guys are dating other race is because they find most black girls fat nonsense

opuro:

when you hear a woman tell you
my husband is good, that means the man don fall mugu for the wifey be that
na him de cook, wash cloth, take children to school, pay for every thing
and to top it all HE CALLS HER MUMMY
infact she has turn him into a complete JACKASS
classy example of what am talking about, if a man starts loving his wife, and treat her with respect it is assume straight away that the man is stupid
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Sasha009(f): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2009
Reason why there re few good men around is because the really good men re all taken. The rest re probably still unlucky enough. You know a lot of girls prefer bad boys? That's just the way it is, bad boys make them feel good. bad boys re charismatic, full of crap, smooth words, lies and they re obviously better in bed, so the girls automatically(like robot) fall for these bad boys, thus leaving the good guys.
You always want what you cant have, so the bad boys always get all the girls, this attract girls, seeing he ha a lot of girls at his beck and call, making them fall more in 'lust' with him , until he uses and dumps them of course.
That's the cycle of life, i don't think it can change.
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by deji2005(m): 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2009
I support your comment
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2009
sexyLeamon:

every  women want to be loved and reapected. yes some girls love guys with bad boys image but no woman want a
bad man
grin CorrecT!!

Sasha009:

Reason why there re few good men around is because the really good men re all taken. The rest re probably still unlucky enough. You know a lot of girls prefer bad boys? That's just the way it is,  bad boys make them feel good. bad boys re charismatic, full of crap, smooth words, lies and they re obviously better in bed, so the girls automatically(like robot) fall for these bad boys, thus leaving the good guys.
You always want what you cant have, so the bad boys always get all the girls, this attract girls, seeing he ha a lot of girls at his beck and call, making them fall more in 'lust' with him , until he uses and dumps them of course.
That's the cycle of life, i don't think it can change.
Yes! Yes!! GirLs hat3 guys that act like nanamumu trying to be a good guy but at the end of the day the girls will take you like a piece of trash!! Big Mumu  cheesy!!  grin The Bad Ones do Shuku Shuku Bam Bam!! Don't get it Twisted  grin

Thats Life for you
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by frank317: 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2009
I am still wondering what u mean by good guys.

I am a guy who likes it when my girl RESPECTS me. I mean a girl who is loyal to me. If you are with me in the public, you dont try shine with me infront of ur friends. U should disrespects my friend, u go to any length to please me, just as u know i will do for u.

to get all these, I am a little(not too much) strict, I dont take some of her normal woman nonsense.

Am I a good or bad guy?
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by whitelexi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2009
What a woman can do. . .

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hTkRokQPY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed>[/flash]
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2009
@Topic.
Becos Women have made us corrupt and nw we're wise and our eyes are open.
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2009
It bits me
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by bluespice(f): 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
cos most of them are either gay, married, on the down low or dorks

in other words unavailable
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by C2H5OH(f): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2009
There are plenty of good guys out there. Women just don't appreciate them when they come around. When they're done rubbing his nose in dirt and treating him like an effeminate piece of shit, they leave. That alone is enough to make him go bad.
And then there are those women who do have good guys in their lives, but since they're not ready for what the good guy has to offer, they take him for granted and do things to push him away. Then there are those women who make the excuse that a "good guy" is not "bad enouh" . They are confused souls. It's either you want a goodie or a baddie. make up your mind.
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Secretz(f): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
C2H5OH:

There are plenty of good guys out there. Women just don't appreciate them when they come around. When they're done rubbing his nose in dirt and treating him like an effeminate piece of shit, they leave. That alone is enough to make him go bad.
And then there are those women who do have good guys in their lives, but since they're not ready for what the good guy has to offer, they take him for granted and do things to push him away. Then there are those women who make the excuse that a "good guy" is not "bad enouh" . They are confused souls. It's either you want a goodie or a baddie. make up your mind.

Would prefer a goodie. tongue

Don't really think there is such a thing to be honest. Everyone has the trait to be either one. Sometimes it could be the woman/man you meet that brings out certain 'good' and/or 'bad' elements out of you. grin

However, there are some people who BLATANTLY take the piss and treat people like utter SHIT. Both men and women. grin
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Joey82(m): 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2009
@poster
reason is simple, there are so few good guys cos there are very few good girls. think,
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by C2H5OH(f): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2009
Secretz:

there are some people who BLATANTLY take the piss and treat people like utter SHIT. Both men and women. grin
That's why they distinguish the goodie from the baddie.

There are plenty dudes out there with enough respect for themselves and for you, to recognize that you deserve to be treated like a gem and are ready to do right by you.   Then there are those boys whose fatal habits would drive almost anyone insane. They could give two royal focks about how they treat you.  Their words are one way, their actions are another.  They cheat on you, whoop yo ass, disgrace you in public, you name it and in the same light expect you to believe that they love you/wouldn't do anything to hurt you.

Sometimes I don't blame them for turning out the way they did.  Some women are cruel.

Joey82:

@poster
reason is simple, there are so few good guys cos there are very few good girls. think,
lol cheesy . good answer bro
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by follypimpi(m): 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2009
The Good things in life could be really hard to get including we "MEN".
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Secretz(f): 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2009
C2H5OH:

That's why they distinguish the goodie from the baddie.

There are plenty dudes out there with enough respect for themselves and for you, to recognize that you deserve to be treated like a gem and are ready to do right by you.   Then there are those boys whose fatal habits would drive almost anyone insane. They could give two royal focks about how they treat you.  Their words are one way, their actions are another.  They cheat on you, whoop yo ass, disgrace you in public, you name it and in the same light expect you to believe that they love you/wouldn't do anything to hurt you.

Sometimes I don't blame them for turning out the way they did.  Some women are cruel.

lol cheesy . good answer bro

True, I hear that, but really? How many men and women are really as you described above?

And who also defines what is truly 'good'?  (the individual I think).  grin
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2009
The same can be said for some women  lipsrsealed

Anyways sha, I don't know.
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by bluespice(f): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2009
ibkaye:

The same can be said for some women lipsrsealed

Anyways sha, I don't know.
i love that word tongue
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
the question here should be "WHY ARE THERE FEW GOOD WOMEN OUT THERE?"
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by C2H5OH(f): 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2009
Secretz:

True, I hear that, but really? How many men and women are really as you described above?
Pulentyyyyyyyy . Havn't you been reading all the stories on NL?
What's worse is when these people keep trying to stick it out, even when they are being treated like trash.

And who also defines what is truly 'good'? (the individual I think). grin
I guess the person who puts up with the bullshit dtermines what he/she finds "acceptable" embarassed
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by iice(f): 10:31am On Jun 07, 2009
There are around, if one bothers to see
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by justwise(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2009
iice:

There are around, if one bothers to see

Totally agree with u. Then again it depends on her definition of 'good' guy
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by iice(f): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2009
justwise:

Totally agree with u. Then again it depends on her definition of 'good' guy
True
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by puskin: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2009
Hmmm!! Search harder. Dem plenty
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by ayodot(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2009
It's always very funny how ladies point the 1st finger. So are we nt familiar with all the troubles ladies put the men thru all in the name of being in a relationship. Anyways, there are bad boys and girls. Girls play guys and men play ladies so it is in both ways.
On a serious note, relationship btw man and woman is the most complicated issue i hue ever tot of because it always come in different forms. And it as been like dat seems the days of how fathers and it will still be until the end of time.
Re: Why Are There So Few Good Guys Out There? by edogram(m): 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2009
You may be  bad guy/girl, but not bad to everyone, some people may say u as good or bad, I have seen a lot of bad guys/girls who are nice to their boy/girl,

If he/she loves you, he/she won’t be that bed to you,

I think the situation of bad in a relationship is when love is not there,

That is the truth of it.

i'm sure every body will accept this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Girlfriend Said This: / Do You Think Guys Can Really Be Bi? / I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.