Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,317 members, 7,943,785 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:38 AM

That Gift You Give God That will Make You Cry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Gift You Give God That will Make You Cry (341 Views)

I Vowed To Give God My First Salary, Now I'm Broke And Need The Money. / 5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Gift You Give God That will Make You Cry by Earthkumy(m): 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
THAT GIFT YOU GIVE GOD THAT MAKE YOU CRY

Let my start this write up by quoting this bible passage "
Each of you should give what you have decided in
your heart to give, not reluctantly or under
compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" 2Corinthians 9:7. I have heard many men of God say "my brethren you have to give God something big. that gift, when you give it to God it will pain you, that's the type of gift that moves God, my brothers and sisters" some of them like miss quoting David, they will be like " David said, hallelujah! I will not give God that which will not cost me anything. So my brethren you have to give God something that will cost you something, I say something that when you remember it, you will cry you" and the congregation will shout ride on Pastor. Then after giving God all your tearful gifts, 1 month pass, your finance is getting worst, 2 months pass no sign of miracle, 5 months pass, disappointment and regrets comes in, if you're lucky which many are not, God will have pity on your situation and bless you before you lose your faith. For those who were not fortunate, they will start murmuring against God and their pastor. They will accuse the pastor of making the Church members poor and being rich themselves, anywhere you see them, you see bitterness against men of God and against God. Even when they claim they are not angry with God, but their words and life style will always betray them. That's what you get when you don't read your bible or apply it principles. The blame is to the pastor as much as is yours too, upon the fact the bible is there for you to fine out the mind of God, you still go ahead and let them fool you. 2peter 2:3 says "In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping". Well David didn't give God in tears, he gave God because he wants to give God, he didn't give God and went home to regret with his family. 2 samuel 24. Many times I have returned a gift to persons because I can see physically on their faces that the gift is not from their heart. Though most times I will take it and thank them because I need it. I Know you, yourself might in one time or the other rejected a gift because you see that the giver is not giving it with a clean heart or you takes the gift and when they raise the issue of the gift they gave you and you will reply them thus "that gift you gave me that's not even from your heart". If we being human can reject gifts or not value them because is not from the givers heart, don't you think that God who knows all men's heart, won't even blink his eyes lids. The Bible says God do not regard sacrifices of a fool, Accle 5:1. Your state of mind is more important to God than your gift, because what's the use of your gift without a pure heart. God love a pure heart, material gifts is of no use to him, is we on earth that use what ever material gift given "Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;  Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift". Jesus is saying to you that your gift is useless without clean heart. And God has already stated that in Exodus 25:2 saying "Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering". Do men of God these days take from only those with willing heart? Next time you want to give to God search your heart before you waste your gift. May the Lord God give us the heart to be a true givers in Jesus name. Amen!

Source
http://earthkumy..nl/2015/12/that-gift-you-give-god-that-will-make.html?m=1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy A Chaplain WANTED Very Urgently To Resume Immediately!!! / Xmas. Time For Merry Or Sober Reflexion. / Find Ur X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.