Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigeria Is An Islamic Country!! We Have Been Living A Lie!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is An Islamic Country!! We Have Been Living A Lie!!! (931 Views)

Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / Ahmed Indimi's Fake Account Balance: A Lie Or Just A Misunderstanding? - Jaaruma / 14 Pictures You'll Relate To If You're Living A "Generator" Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is An Islamic Country!! We Have Been Living A Lie!!! by jakiedudu(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
News making the rounds on Aljazeera and other foriegn media has it that Saudi Arabia has included Nigeria under the coalition of ''Arab Islamic Nations'' to fight ISIS. Though the objective to fight against terror which ISIS represent is good, doing so under religious conatation, code name ''Arab Islamic Nations'' raises concern. So the question is; is Nigeria an Arab Islamic Country? Does the constitution recognizes Nigeria as an Islamic state?
A look at some sections and subsections of Nigeria's constitution shows that there's special recognization of Islam against other religion. The presence of Islamic law is heavily represented. For instance, S.288(1) of the constitution states: In excercising his power the foregoing provisions of this Chapter in respect of appointments to the offices of Justices of the Supreme Court and Justices of the court of Appeal, the President shall have regard to the need to endure that there are among the holders of such offices persons learned in Islamic personal law and persons learned in Customary law.
Looking at the section above you will see that special preferences was made at a particular religion. Emphasis was made to the President by the constitution that, when choosing persons for the offices of the supreme court, some of those persons must be people learned in Islamic law. But why? Why the special recommendation for Islamic law? Why the emphasis on Islam if indeed Nigeria is a secular state? Does a secular state make special accommodation to a particular religion against others? Could it be that Nigeria is indeed an Islamic Country disguised under the cover of secularism? Honestly that seem to be the case.
When a country's constution, the supreme and highest document in the land makes special concessions to a paricular religions against all others, then it will be safe to say that Nigeria is technically, by virture of that constitution an Islamic country. But how will the constitution state that Nigeria is a secular state in one part then and in another part recognizes sharia islamic law? Is that not a massive contradiction? The constitution is not just a contradiction, it is a lie! We have been living a lie thinking Nigeria is a secular country when truely it is not. No wonder Saudi Arabia has the guts to include Nigeria among ''Coalition of Arab Islamic Nations''. Those who have been raising the alarm were right, but they are late! Nigeria is already an Islamic Country.
So if Nigeria is an islamic country without my knowledge, then what are my doing in this country?
Re: Nigeria Is An Islamic Country!! We Have Been Living A Lie!!! by vision2022: 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thank you I am a BIAFRAN.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Islamic Country!! We Have Been Living A Lie!!! by jakiedudu(m): 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
vision2022:
Thank you I am a BIAFRAN.
By virture of what I have seen in some sections of the constituion, I hereby denounce the Nigerian constitution. That document is a LIE!

(1) (Reply)

8 People Died In Anambra Gas Explosion Not 100 / Angry Buhari Attacks Aide Over “fake” 2016 Budget Says Ita Enang Acted Alone / Lassa Fever: FG Confirms 212 Cases In 17 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.