Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,052 members, 7,970,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 02:04 AM

Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai (21029 Views)

APGA Writes Nnamdi Kanu, Warns IPOB Leader Not To Think Himself Igbo “EMPEROR” / Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno / Buhari Gets Accolades At Uk House Of Lords, As Troops Nab Sect Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Mufasa27(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2015
picoba:
[size=28pt]

Remember Fela case
[/size]
Yes bro, people claim they protect the lives and property of the citizens, but I don't think so, they only fight for the Government and I think the military regime is back again....
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Mufasa27(m): 7:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Zombie nor go go unless you tell am to go Zombie..... Now I know what baba was talking about... sad
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2015
ikechukwu354:
I was going to owerri and along the way the bus conductor ran towards an army man sitting on a bench and put something in the army mans bowl, the funny thing is that the army man was just relaxed. another bus also stopped and the conductor came down and did the same, I was astonished, even the police will have to stand on the road but the reverse was the case. I think this country is indeed semi military. happy birthday buhari the fact that we call u dullard doesn't mean you have to be dull...

That trend has been during the era of Jonathan. why should u call someone a dullard when u know he isn't dull? Are u dull?
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Themandator: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2015
Kelklein:
I hope he wasn't handed over to the police

.we all remember what they did to Boko Haram leader

This picture looks photo shopped.... How is it that his head is so stiff/straight when it is supposed to be dangling like it is supported even though he is on a wheel Barrow.
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by repogirl(f): 7:48am On Dec 18, 2015
josite:

even if he is not smart ,he is still ahead of you and will always be going by your reasoning.is it smart waylaying an army convoy,i would have ordered all of them killed.
Please go and find your brain from the dustbin you dumped it.

Where in the world do soldiers kill people because they blocked the road? Are you okay?

What happened to making arrests?

Even in protests where protesters throw stones, fire and harmful objects at the police, all the law do is stand their ground, make arrests or highest disperse the crowd with water or tear gas.

Are you an animal? Do you understand the value of human life? Do you understand that the law is supposed to protect human life and not take it unnecessarily? If a law enforcer should kill, it should be the last option when all else fails and only when there is a threat to life.

Or you think because they have guns means they should shoot unnecessarily? Sporadically into a crowd of people? On what level is that okay? That is pure Barbarism!

God forbid that this country will turn into what you people want it to become. Before that will happen, God will clear all of you who feel its fine to kill innocent unarmed people just because of your personal bias and rival sentiments against them.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Themandator: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2015
repogirl:
This story will still blow open, I am very sure of it.

Buratai's half hazard attempt at a cover up cannot work.

He says the soldiers are to protect lives, property and curb lawlessness but they did the exact opposite.

Till date the army cannot show evidence of how they were attacked or evidence of attack or one soldier that was injured or killed when the shiites attacked them.

The Nigeria army that love to take pictures of their spoils have not one single picture to show except for the one where they shot the shiite leader and they expect us to believe their bullshit?

Buratai's thinks he is smart, soon he will outsmart himself. He thinks he is supreme and powerful and his army has to answer to no one.

Okay, we will see.

There was a video where army Chiefs not soldiers were pleading with the sect members to allow them pass through but they refused... The chief even had to order the soldiers not to shoot and for like 10 minutes engaged different leaders of the youths to allow their boss go through.

I am sure that even if the officers had decided to pull back, they would have been pummelled with stones, as the boys were unruly... We are talking about the movement of the most ranking army officer in Nigeria been halted by some misguided youths.

The army was patient with them and I am sure it was because of the calibre of officers in the convoy.... It would have been worse if they blocked the road against soldiers on errand.

Imagine those boys touching the army chief uniform in the name of gesticulating..... There is no soldier that can touch his superior uniform or body for any reason without permission

2 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by FILUX(m): 8:10am On Dec 18, 2015
General Brutal is really not thinking right o,
and now here comes another form of boko haram he will have to face if the man turn out dead has a result of his action.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Themandator: 8:20am On Dec 18, 2015
repogirl:
Please go and find your brain from the dustbin you dumped it.

Where in the world do soldiers kill people because they blocked the road? Are you okay?

What happened to making arrests?

Even in protests where protesters throw stones, fire and harmful objects at the police, all the law do is stand their ground, make arrests or highest disperse the crowd with water or tear gas.

Are you an animal? Do you understand the value of human life? Do you understand that the law is supposed to protect human life and not take it unnecessarily? If a law enforcer should kill, it should be the last option when all else fails and only when there is a threat to life.

Or you think because they have guns means they should shoot unnecessarily? Sporadically into a crowd of people? On what level is that okay? That is pure Barbarism!

God forbid that this country will turn into what you people want it to become. Before that will happen, God will clear all of you who feel its fine to kill innocent unarmed people just because of your personal bias and rival sentiments against them.

They are soldiers not police. Every situation is analyzed with war eyes

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Anotherbishop: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2015
emperor003:
did i mention any group here insted of you to say ameen you want to take nigeria backward with your comment

You and I are saying the same prayer in different forms.
So why don't you say amen so God will bless you the way you bless others? And I repeat "the cup you used to measure for others will be there when it gets to your turn"
Please say amen and don't take further Nigerian backyard.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Billygee2u: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2015
DonCortino:
And some apc fools where circulating a fake picture of el-rufai and emir of birnin gwari claiming its el-zakzaky.
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by repogirl(f): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2015
Themandator:

There was a video where army Chiefs not soldiers were pleading with the sect members to allow them pass through but they refused... The chief even had to order the soldiers not to shoot and for like 10 minutes engaged different leaders of the youths to allow their boss go through.

I am sure that even if the officers had decided to pull back, they would have been pummelled with stones, as the boys were unruly... We are talking about the movement of the most ranking army officer in Nigeria been halted by some misguided youths.

The army was patient with them and I am sure it was because of the calibre of officers in the convoy.... It would have been worse if they blocked the road against soldiers on errand.

Imagine those boys touching the army chief uniform in the name of gesticulating..... There is no soldier that can touch his superior uniform or body for any reason without permission
And so? What if they touch them? Are they gold? Or are they spirit? Which sort of ego is that?

Your explanation still doesn't justify the babaric behaviour by the soldiers.

If you recall the first statement from the aymy was that there was an assassination attempt on the COAS' life...where is the evidence please.

How many soldiers were killed or injured while defending the CAOS' life?
So, the worst they did was to touch a high ranking officers uniform and so they should be killed?

Even if they had stoned the soldiers, it still doesn't justify the killings.

Some one needs to be sacked! This is a gross display of lawlessness by the military and should be dealt with before every soldier will think they can take human life because they were disrespected.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Anotherbishop: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2015
Themandator:

Sorry sir, but soldiers are well trained to handle civil disobedience, civil unrest, even riot etc more than the police. The are well trained to know the difference between terror, war civil protest, riot and all crimes more than the police.
If burutai should tell Nigerians that after the first massacre, the only way to reach the shiite leader or even arrest him is to bring down hundreds of civilians then his experience as the coas needs to be questioned.
I think he needs to resign before further statement, but this is Africa. This is Nigeria, and he (or they) have got people like you who believes that every soldiers actions are justified. Why was sadaam hussein prosecuted? Or you think all those genocide he committed were no counter attacks?

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by repogirl(f): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2015
Themandator:

police, soldier, navy, aiforce, they are all officers of the law with whom the safety of the civilians is their priority.

How can l they look at everything with war eyes? Even people with no weapons to fight or defend themselves are now a threat to them?

If so, then the military needs a complete overhaul and re orientation cos it seems some screws have gone missing in their brains.

2 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by okonja(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2015
IkUKU01:
kai u no book!!

I know no book oh!
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by charmosky(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2015
No one is above the law, no religion has the right what so ever to break the law or blockade
on government road, there's no religion who doesn't do procession or have saints or prophets
to remember, but not to the extent of blocking government road and declaring go area,
in as much as i don't support the violence and loss of life, like the COAS said, is just an avoidable situation.
May God make our great country peaceful once more...
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by orisa37: 10:44am On Dec 18, 2015
He should be fished out dead or alive and "shugabanned" out of the Country. He is a trouble maker.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by victorv12(m): 11:16am On Dec 18, 2015
I'm in full support with the Nigeria army and the cleasing of religious sects in Zaria. No religious sects or group of miscreants should ever go against the strength and might of the Nigeria army ever again.

The Shi'ite sect should know better when they see an authority wearing the emblem of the Nigeria military...they must be highly respected. They're the custodian and the carrier of the coat of arm.

No authority or religion is superior to what they're trying to protect.
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by victorv12(m): 11:24am On Dec 18, 2015
I'm in full support with the Nigeria army and the cleasing of religious sects in Zaria. No religious sects or group of miscreants should ever go against the strength and might of the Nigeria army ever again.

The Shi'ite sect should know better when they see an authority wearing the emblem of the Nigeria military...they must be highly respected. They're the custodian and the carrier of the coat of arm.

No authority or religion is superior to what they're trying to protect.
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Adunbi70(m): 11:24am On Dec 18, 2015
Some Brothers are out to wipe out the Shiites. Simple. I hardly lose my peace over national issues the way I ve lost my emotions these last hours. I ve watched videos and clips. The last one was frightening. I saw the footage of the assault on the Shiites spiritual headquarters. I couldn't believe my eyes.
The historical fratricide between the Shia and the mainstream Brotherhood is detailed in many literature. I ve also read more than a few pages of that.
I am of the opinion that we are brewing a war or attempting to join an ongoing one. My prejudices to this govt before it came in are many no doubt. But prejudices they were, but this current moves are ominous and every intellectual should see much more than our hollow political chants.

As said above, I ve gleaned through the news. I ve watched clips. I ve read El Rufai. My hunches from these voyages only confirmed my fears. What happened after the road block story in Zaria was PREMEDITATED, ORGANIZED and some military COVERT operation to root out Al Zakzaky. What we are going to have on our hands from this would push the Boko Haram issues behind the doors.

The WW of this millennium is going to be religious. It is the future Holocaust. The evidences are in global proportions. If the West our dream safe haven is presently terrified and helpless by the atrocities of Islamic extremism, what hopes for illiterate Africa were multitudes call upon the God they find little time to study nor know about through His Books?

I knew situations in Yemen, Syria, IS and the Saudi Arabia kingdom are going to get some Sunni brothers excited in Nigeria. I do not deceive myself not to agree that the Nigerian Army was/is the unofficial military wing of the Caliphate and by extension Islam. That advantage is historical just like the Christian south profit more from commerce. But it would be wicked and almost true to type if she finds herself a willing tool in the hands of current powers to cleanse out "infidels" as the Shiites had been tagged among the predominantly Sunni north.

We are not of the mob. Our education affords us the privilege to see below the hood and cry foul when our suspicions about governments, policies and politics appear to lead our nation on journeys that could turn perilous. This Zakzaky affair is one of such. We must by our voice and by our recording hold our leaders to some accounts lest we and or our children roam about as IDPs.

I am also very saddened by the stream of thoughts that I come across on the cyber space. That when soldiers are "provoked", ."disrespected", "blocked" ..... Then they have the license to spray the bullets. If this represent the belief of a generation of Nigerians who are beneficiaries of 16 years of uninterrupted civilian rule, then the efforts of oldies like the defunct NADECO may be in vain.
This govt. has just planted a bomb. It's so unfortunate that PMB is quickly falling into the cast we all thought him to be. This morning, news again indicate that five persons were felled as they became jubilant over the release of Kanu Nnamdi.

Mohammed Buhari may have his jaundiced manual of how to keep us secured, but he doesn't have to do that by keeping us muffled and gagged. This isn't no 1984.

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by alaskido(m): 11:45am On Dec 18, 2015
I am just thinking which country to run to with my family because I see Nigeria sitting on a keg of gun powder ready to explode. Chai, see the sect leader on wheel barrow bleeding from both eyes. Are you sure he is alive? The Army say he is not in their custody anymore but with the appropriate authorities. This appropriate authorities no get name?
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by alaskido(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2015
Sect leader not in our custody but handed over to the appropriate authorities. This appropriate authorities no get name?
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Laryne(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
What ever happens in the north should stay in the north! Bokoharam or Shiites, the north will suffer more...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye To Nigerians- When I Am Ready, Una Go See My Made In Nigeria Wife / PVC Collection: Policeman Flogs People At Marwa, Lekki / IPOB's Ruga Protest Grounds Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.