Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff (30326 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag / We Didn’t Sack 1,500 Workers - MTN Denies Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by tafrica(m): 11:16am On Dec 18, 2015
Austerity has already started. 1100 workers to be sacked?. Yet we still have same Nos of Ministers most of whom are ex-govn and mins), they still receive same pays as before. Austerity hasn't affected them.

Let's continue defending these politicians while they feast on us, and we bear the mess when it comes.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Elinob(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2015
raph101:
End of the year bad luck...
na really bad luck oo

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Elinob(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Chaii it is part of buhari change, God will hlp dem out.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by ekpesa(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2015
did I ever heard APC said it would create 3million jobs OR create 3million sacked workforce per year?. Nigeria has fallen into the wrong hands. God have mercy.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Akpan107(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:
I seriously weep for the youths of this country, many are blinded by sentiment that they fail to read the main content before jumping to conclusion. The minister was trying to explain the modu operandi that would be put in place to make NNPC more operational and effective and one of the main deal is to cut cost which may see some staff at head office moved to the subsidiaries of NNPC. This is a good development if effectively managed and maintained. Thank God Kachikwu is neither Yoruba nor Hausa. They can castigate their brother anyway they like. My own is for Nigeria to move forward and our change to be achieved
The APC led federal government is simply clueless, they should ask GEJ how he been doing it. sacking 1,100 in just a day is a very bad news for Nigerians.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by tuoyoojo(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2015
this is the shangi u guys voted for...oya enjoy am!
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by ajebuter(f): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2015
' Change is change'

Whether for the better or worse

So, ' Change' chanters, deal with it.

Meanwhile, anyone that feels otherwise:

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by viktor01(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2015
Jeez.......
Jonathan is to blame for this retrenchment.
Blaming blamers.
Dear God, Please help your own.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by uniqueama1(f): 11:29am On Dec 18, 2015
Na wa oo.Dis Austerity measure is gradually creeping into every sector of d economy....Which way Naija?I jst hope with all dis sack here n there dat crime rate n other vices dnt start surging up again. SMH
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by darlenese(f): 11:30am On Dec 18, 2015
Sai. Baba

The change is here
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by ipreach: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2015
They want to add 1000 to the millions of unemployed people we have already in this country?

CHANGE is really here, you guys must surely embrace it by fire by force
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by austinbrown: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2015
anytexy:
Which kind question be that? you are seeing one of the changes and you still asking where is the Change. More are coming. Tighten your belt oooo.
chai I don dead
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Yksoul(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2015
THANK GOD,I HAVE BEEN EXPECTING THIS NEWS FOR LONG.NEPOTISM HAS BEEN THE ORDER OF THE DAY IN NNPC, PEOPLE WITH LOW OR NO CERTIFICATES ARE GIVEN JOB THEIR.GOD PUNISH THOSE PEOPLE THAT MISMANAGED NNPC
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by shaggyosas(m): 11:43am On Dec 18, 2015
yjgm:
Pls read the article well. There is nowhere it is mentioned NNPC will downsize by 1100. Common the headline is bad.

If it doesn't mean sack, while then are they withdrawn from their present job. He would have used "transferred". The truth is they wouldn't receive same salary, it will definitely be something smaller. Be in their shoes, how would u cope if ur present pay is slashed by 40-60%. You think it would be easy?
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Alwaystruth: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2015
You the educated ones are the major problems of this country called Nigeria.
You educated people speak big grammars to blindfold and deceive poor Nigerians. You wants to remove subsidy by next year
without first of all resuscitate our refineries to perform optimally to cushion the effects of subsidy removal. The multiplier effects
of this subsidy removal on the poor masses will overwhelm whatever economic gains you intends to make from this policy and
economic reactions will worsen the fate of already poor and hungry Nigerians. Next year is really going to be a trying times for ordinary Nigerians
indeed. 2016= Subsidy removal-- increment on electricity tariff-Massive workers layout-depreciated Naira -Unemployment= Hardship. Only God can save us.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by just2endowed: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2015
change can either be positive or negative
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by eljimmah: 11:48am On Dec 18, 2015
sorry to those who will be sacked.....but truth is if the government can pull off this restructuring Nigeria will be better for it cos that house is too dirty and shaded in mystery.but before we get to enjoy its benefits we will bleed.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Adminisher: 11:52am On Dec 18, 2015
More NNPC workers should be sacked from the refining companies . The refineries should be handed over to Indians or Chinese to run, sell the products locally and pay the profits to the Federal Government. This country has degraded during the PDP era. There are refineries running successfully in Jamaica and even west African countries. The country is just dumb, slack, extremely corrupt and clueless.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by chekbou: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2015
A change in progress. God help Nigeria
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by blazetitov: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
ojuolu:

Op, can you please interpret the bolded sentence in the context of this write up and the heading. There is no point for false alarm please...

God bless you. Some people just rush to write whatever comes to their minds not their heads. Immediately the silly op said sack, they went bananas and activated their wailing mode.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by 247notire(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Zico5:
I seriously weep for the youths of this country, many are blinded by sentiment that they fail to read the main content before jumping to conclusion. The minister was trying to explain the modu operandi that would be put in place to make NNPC more operational and effective and one of the main deal is to cut cost which may see some staff at head office moved to the subsidiaries of NNPC. This is a good development if effectively managed and maintained. Thank God Kachikwu is neither Yoruba nor Hausa. They can castigate their brother anyway they like. My own is for Nigeria to move forward and our change to be achieved
Must everything be about tribe? What do u mean "their brother"? Very poor comment I must say. If ur dad was one of those who wud lose his job will you be talking like this? Me I'm not nearly impressed with all his jargon. Bottom line is: Will u further reduce the price of PMS or not? Will people lose their jobs or not? All the rest wey him dey talk na for him pocket cos e no affect common man.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Moreoffaith(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sometimes I ask why we find it hard to read well and understand before we comment..

On the unbundling process, Kachikwu said the NNPC would
be broken into four key components, namely: the upstream
company, downstream company, the midstream company,
which is gas and power marketing, and the refining group
holding company.
According to him, one of the major restructuring efforts
would be in making the headquarters operations cost
effective, hence, about more than half of its 2,200 core
headquarters staff would be whittled down, with a lot of the
affected staff assigned to the subsidiaries to help make the
units more efficient and profitable.

The affected staff will be disengaged and assigned to subsidiaries.

They need our support and prayer, if this work out fine, we will benefit from it....

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by blazetitov: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Akpan107:
The APC led federal government is simply clueless, they should ask GEJ how he been doing it. sacking 1,100 in just a day is a very bad news for Nigerians.

Your ability to read and interpret a sentence is suspect.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by rusher14: 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
According to him, one of the major restructuring efforts would be in making the headquarters operations cost effective, hence, about more than half of its 2,200 core headquarters staff would be whittled down, with a lot of the affected staff assigned to the subsidiaries to help make the units more efficient and profitable.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
NAIJA is finished.
It seems the 2nd COMING OF CHRIST is only applicable to NIGERIA...

PLEASE, make I do repent finish
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
God blessed this man with brains. NNPC GMD and Minister of Petreoleum simultaneously. No ceremonial zombie..

Infact South East people are smart..

We have a dummy sitting in Ministry of finance..
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Trunaijian: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Zico5 post=41114514]I seriously weep for the youths of this country, many are blinded by sentiment that they fail to read the main content before jumping to conclusion. The minister was trying to explain the modu operandi that would be put in place to make NNPC more operational and effective and one of the main deal is to cut cost wh coolich may see some staff at head office moved to the subsidiaries of NNPC. This is a good development if effectively managed and maintained. Thank God Kachikwu is neither Yoruba nor Hausa. They can castigate their brother anyway they like. My own is for Nigeria to move forward and our change to be achieved[/quote. NICE ONE. People deliberately fail to see reason with reason because of misplaced sentiments. Good things don't come easy. If we have to toil to harvest, so be it.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by jideflows(m): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Na wah peoole dont read b4 commenting.. these re d future leaders we have.. he said mist of the staffs at the head office will be sent to subsidiaries. .. na wah oh... no wonder the old men re not giving way for younger ones.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Adminisher: 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Akpan107:

He did nothing when oil was $124 a barrel and he would not have done anything when it is $38 a barrel. Jonathan's congenital slackness and cluelessness caused the problem . A whole Nigeria could not run refineries. In most of the west indies where oil is not produced, they run refineries. Even many African countries are running refineries. NNPC has the most corrupt staff in this country. They are not worried about the sack. Most of them are mult millionaires. They ran down their establishments and they should go.
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by steveyen(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
God will punish your generations and your unborn kids and will never be properous in ur life for trying to defraud hard working Nigerians with this your fake mssg.

honeymix770:
Nairalanders take Dis free offer Trusted working Is a gift Not for all sim
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Mubarack44(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
And to recruit how many?
Re: NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff by Dbeze: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
D change vendors should hide their faces in shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) / Meet Ajara Damusa, A Slay Queen Who Is A Welder / Picture Of A Female Mechanic On Duty In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.