Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,221 members, 7,894,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat (32075 Views)

6 Popular Myths About Exercises / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? / How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat Fast! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by ideatoprince18(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2015
hhh
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Albert0011(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2015
Tank God i hav a flat stomach..each time i pull my shirt in my area ehh..see as the girls them go die 4 am.
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by charlsecy(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2015
@Caspian22,
What of plank, crunches and co.?
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by tuminix(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2015
Shortyy:
Mine is flat already so need

Where is it?
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Omotayor123(f): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2015
dominique:
Those of us that can't swim won't call swimming a 'simple exercise' embarassed
Lol... You can always learn!
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by OlivetBen(m): 7:43am On Dec 19, 2015
Walking is d magic wand
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by sauceEEP(m): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2015
100 sit ups every morning and night...
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Ezioku247: 7:47am On Dec 19, 2015
If you are serious about burning fat, you need a good fat burning supplement to add to your exercises. I learnt that the one sold at www.BestFatBurner.co works magic
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Cutehector(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2015
Na to go swim for insyd pacific ocean straight up...
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by kelvyn7: 7:59am On Dec 19, 2015
dominique:

why don't u start a swimming class. I teach people. U can learn within a month. it's not as hard as u think.
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by niggi4life(m): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2015
work it out..push above limit on your treadmill and see wonderful result.
I just did an hour on the treadmill, burning over 600 calories

Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by abumeinben(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2015
dominique:

wia dyu stay?
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 19, 2015
kingstylo01:
tell this to Mr Ibu. grin

i wish Dede One Day knew earlier..
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by 1miccza: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2015
Shortyy:
Mine is flat already so no need
If i hear? *how we wan take know*??
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by just4dem(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2015
grin
It's my first time on this highly esteemed forum. . . I could remember pot belly in those days was termed "sign of good living" grin grin
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by iSmalles(m): 8:11am On Dec 19, 2015
Have you heard of planking?
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:12am On Dec 19, 2015
All these OP go just dey copy & paste rubbish. What do you mean you should avoid carbs? Where then will you get energy for the workout? The key is eating moderately while exercising. Carbs or no Carbs. You cannot tell where the body will store fat, EAT MODERATELY & WORK OUT 5TIMES weekly! And lastly avoid EATING LATE before going to bed. Because your METABOLISM is SLOW @ Night, shikena.

1 Like

Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2015
OP, how do I reduce the fat in my bum bum?
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by samiboy774(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2015
wat abt avoiding late dinner (hard food) i.e eba
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Rushna(f): 8:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Nice one..... A gud enlightenment...... Bt nt all women with big tommy actually wish 4 it cos it might be as a result of operation during child birth....... As 4 me, I'd say it's d men dat are more endowed with beer belly!!!!!!!!!
Nice one..... A gud enlightenment...... Bt nt all women with big tommy actually wish 4 it cos it might be as a result of operation during child birth....... As 4 me, I'd say it's d men dat are more endowed with beer belly!!!!!!!!! 

1 Like

Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Caspian22(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
All these OP go just dey copy & paste rubbish. What do you mean you should avoid carbs? Where then will you get energy for the workout? The key is eating moderately while exercising. Carbs or no Carbs. You cannot tell where the body will store fat, EAT MODERATELY & WORK OUT 5TIMES weekly! And lastly avoid EATING LATE before going to bed. Because your METABOLISM is SLOW @ Night, shikena.

I didn't copy and paste anything. Check all the posts in my blog, there are all unique. I didn't say we should avoid carbs, just reduce its intake. More carbs will increase more fat. Thanks for ur point shaa duly noted Sir.
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Owoplenty(m): 9:02am On Dec 19, 2015
Shortyy:
Mine is flat already so no need
how do i know yours is flat?
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Caspian22(m): 9:02am On Dec 19, 2015
dominique:

My wonderful mod, Even I can't swim, nobody can do everything. Just do want you can do and GET HEALTHY
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by sparkleice(f): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2015
MrLexander:
Why is love hard to get?
my brother I don't js undrstand it anymore.no love again in naija..,peeps are js playing games sex s d norm.
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by omonnakoda: 9:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Over and above exercise is what you eat and when you eat it

There are some simple rules to follow if weight is a problem

STOP taking sugar. Now this is not just the white stuff but also foods that contain in in huge amounts. So you need to know what exactly is in everything you eat or drink. If possible drink ONLY water. Many processed foods that come in tins ,boxes,packets etc are high in sugar. Sugar is hidden in many unexpected places: ketchup,baked beans,cereals,so called low fat yoghurt and many low fat foods. Basically if it comes in a box,can,packet etc be careful.

Try and eat two times a day instead of 3 BUT eat breakfast ALWAYS do not skip it .
I suggest that you only eat carbohydrates at breakfast. For dinner eat vegetables and protein. eg beans(no bread yam rice etc) Strictly no carbohydrates after midday unless you are a manual worker or sportsman. If you are a laptop using remote control pressing couch potato then over the age of 30 you do not need lunch.
For dinner eat meat(suya),fish chicken beans etc and vegetables -carrots,cucumber,tomatoes,beans,,lettuce cabbage(Absolutely no carbohydrates)
This is very hard to do as most people without knowing it are addicted to sugar and carbohydrates especially bread

Finally drink water,Iced water,8 glasses at least daily.Drink one glass before every meal.

The best exercise? Hmm Well the biggest muscle in your body is Gluteus Maximus(Your Butt) also your leg muscles.Do squats daily. Ease your self into it gradually to avoid injury or discomfort . I suggest 5-10 in the morning every day and increase by 5 every two weeks if you are not fit do not rush

In summary carbohydrates are the most important fuel for the body and unless you work at nigh you should avoid them at night totally. Eating bread or rice etc at night can only lead to weigh gain especially as you get older

Eat a lot of nuts DAILY. They are good for your NUTS(Men)!
Eat eggs they are good for you and again good for your NUTS
Go out of your way every week to buy carrots,watermelon,coconuts. Make carrots a part of your life
Eat as much beans as you can tolerate grin
Avoid biscuits,cakes,pies,bread.
The best time for "Swallows" Eba fufu tuwo amala etc is First thing in the morning avoid it after 1.00pm or better avoid lunch if you are overweight eating only carrots or nuts.
Fruits especially those hgh in sugars e.g apples are OK but avoid at night
It will digest into glucose while you sleep triggering the release of insulin and weight gain
Final point psychology. Study your self do you eat for comfort or mood regulation? If you do then you probably have some maturity.developmental issues. I suggest fasting. Nothing religious(medical fasting) .Once a week Eat a complex breakfast e.g Yam and eggs with meat or fish but keep it light ie don't eat till you are full but stop whilst still a bit hungry. Drink only water for the rest of the day(No you will not get ulcers that is a myth) Pay very close attention to your emotional state during that time. You will observe many things and also that you are hungry the next morning.This is a good way to retrain yourself to eat breakfast for those who are "never hungry in the morning" If you struggle to eat breakfast then Fast for one week i.e eat only breakfast for 7 days and drink water for the rest of the day eat as much as you like but ONLY breakfast. This is also a good way to break many bad habits. note this is just psychology nothing "religious" about it.
Food and eating is a very important psychological issue

4 Likes

Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by GoldenJulius(m): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2015
for gluttons, it won't work for you oo.......
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by 900warriorz: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2015
dominique:

dont worry! Just see me...will teach you without collecting a dime. kiss
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by nikz(f): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2015
Thanks
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Pharmafarm: 10:16am On Dec 19, 2015
To add to some wonderful comments above, all those exercise should be timed for it to pass as an exercise, swimming is fun if u dive and do some snake in the monkey shadow move but when it is 10 laps of breaststroke, butterfly, freestyle etc it becomes an exercise. Back then in school, one lecture swims often but im belle na die cos his swimming has no form of exercise in it
Also we walk daily from sitting room to kitchen, back n forth but the real thing is doing a 30mins walk n stuffs
Daalu nu
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by professore(m): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2015
Interesting one
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by cardoctor(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2015
Eat more vegetable and avoid oily stew.
Re: 4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat by Kgdavid(m): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Caspian22:
Its always disappointing when your trouser's waist line is being obstructed by a protruding and sometimes sagging stomach. That's because of excess belly fat, and how can you get rid of it?.
The names used to acknowledge belly fat are numerous, pot belly, áfor bolombolo (Igbo phrase for balloon stomach), and beer belly. This is a very common situation among the populace. It's actually more common in women than in men, so Madames take note. We will show our versatility by writing on fitness. Today you will learn about belly fat, it's health risks and the simplest exercises that will help you get rid of that self esteem assassin. Are you with me? Let's go.
Here's a little introduction;
Belly fat or abdominal fat is a condition that is characterized by excess fat accumulating in the abdominal area. The name of the fat is Adipose tissue. It is primarily caused by eating too much carbohydrates. And secondarily caused by drinking too much alcohol.
There is a big reason to worry about it because of the huge connection between excess belly fat and the risk of getting cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer's disease.
It's actually not all that bad because it also secretes a hormone called leptin. This hormone regulates satisfaction from hunger. This is just to show you that belly fat is not bad, you just don't need excess.
Before we see the exercises I want us to bear something in mind. It is not possible to loss fat in just one specific area of your body by exercising. You will also lose fat at other regions. And that eating more carbohydrates while exercising won't help you reduce the fat. Proteins and fruits will do. Now let's check them out.
1. Walking
Walking is one of the most simplest, commonest and safest exercise. It can help you burn fat in the abdominal region. Of course you might say that you walk often. But if you want to burn calories by walking it should be in a fast paced manner, no matter the distance. Walking also helps the cardiovascular system. It is great for reducing dangerous belly fat around the kidney and liver. Make your walking more fast paced to get better results. If you are worried that your crush might see you "cheetah-walking" you could walk indoors or do it very early in the morning.

2. Swimming
Swimming is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that alleviates the presence of abdominal fat in the tummy. Swimming challenges a lot of your muscles. It also has few risks except for, you know, drowning. Like I said about walking, you should also swim in a fast paced manner to achieve a flat tummy. Your swimming should involve high tempo and strenuous strokes. Here's a bonus, swimming in warm water will help you lose more calories than a cold one. This is basically due to increased metabolism and sweating.

3. Cycling
Cycling is a great exercise. It just doesn't helps you burn calories. It also helps you relax mentally. It involves almost all the muscles of the body. But the area cycling is more effective is your leg muscles. However cycling also reduces belly fat when it is done regularly. Cycling challenges the abdominal muscles by using its force to push the leg.

4. The lying leg raise exercise
This exercise is pretty simple and self explanatory. All you do is, you lie on a flat surface, down on your back with your arms behind your head and you raise your leg one after the other up and down. This exercise will contract your abdominal muscles and groin muscles too. You may feel pain at first but with time and regular practice you will get over it. Another way to do it is to lie on your back, place your two legs together and raise them up. Then have someone push your leg down with force. What you then do is hold your leg before it goes down. Repeat it often.
Thanks for reading. Please comment.

http://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2015/12/4-simplest-exercises-to-help-you-get.html?m=1

Bro....if you want to do something, learn to be diligent and thorough. Your writing is inconsistent and I can tell you simply attempted to rewrite someone else's article and did a poor job of it. Get your act together.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Man Who Survived Fatal Motor Accident Gets Killed By Malaria. Photos / Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola / 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.