Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,340 members, 7,891,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' (739 Views)

“I Did Not Know I Was Pregnant” – Nun Gives Birth, Names Baby After Pope / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! / Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' by sway112: 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
Mother Teresa, the tiny, stooped nun who cared for the poorest of the poor in the slums of India and beyond, will be declared a saint next year after Pope Francis approved a miracle attributed to her intercession.

The Vatican on Friday set no date for the canonization, but it is widely believed that it will take place in the first week of September to coincide with the 19th anniversary of Mother Teresa's death and during Francis' Holy Year of Mercy.

"With her work, she was always the symbol of mercy, not just with words but with her actions," said the superior general of Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity, the Rev. Sebastian Vazhakala.

The Vatican said Francis approved a decree attributing a miracle to Mother Teresa's intercession during an audience with the head of the Vatican's saint-making office on Thursday, his 79th birthday.

The miracle in question concerned the inexplicable cure of a Brazilian man suffering from a viral brain infection that resulted in multiple abscesses. By Dec. 9, 2008, he was in a coma and dying, suffering from an accumulation of fluid around the brain.

news.yahoo.com/report-pope-oks-miracle-mother-teresas-canonization-084415600.html
Re: Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' by smithoo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Almost all of our Pentecostal pastor would have been elevated to sainthood going by the number of miracles either fake or original, if they were under the Catholic church.
Anyway, non can be compared to mother Theresa.
Re: Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' by tartar9(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
congratulations catholics for your new goddess added to your pantheon of gods & goddesses
Re: Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' by Ymodulus: 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2015

Catholicism is a disgrace.

Mother Theresa a Saint? Her “rather dubious way of caring for the sick, her questionable political contacts, her suspicious management of the enormous sums of money she received, and her overly dogmatic views regarding, in particular, abortion, contraception, and divorce”.

Sounds about right for sainthood according to so-called christian beliefs?
This shady old fraud can be canonised tells you all you need to know about the Catholic church. It really hasn't moved on since the medieval times of relics and indulgences for sale.

I wonder if the Pope will make David Cameron a saint if he convinces EU countries to agree to his to do list. That would truly be a miracle.

What people do in the name of religion it makes one want to cry. If there is some mighty being in the sky I hope he/she decides to abolish all religions because of the damage they are doing to our everyday lifes. It should be enough to 'treat others as you would have them treat you ' but no, mankind in it's wisdom has turned religion to an oppressive movement containing corrupt ideologies which seek to dictate how we live our lives, what we should wear, what we should eat, how we should behave. We bang our heads against walls, on the floor, deny women equal rights, force our daughters into unwanted marriages and even kill in the name of religion.

What sad and tragic creatures we are.
Re: Mother Teresa To Become Saint After Pope Recognises 'miracle' by sway112: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will My Moniker Take Me To He'll? / Seed Of Destiny Devotional By Pastor Paul Eneche / Australia’s First Hijab Wearing Muslim Captain And Engineer (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.