Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,574 members, 7,932,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 12:26 PM

Funny Experience With Fake/substandard Products. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Experience With Fake/substandard Products. (827 Views)

My Funny Experience With A Slay Queen Today / Welcome To Lagos: 5 Funny Experience Of Danfo / My Experience With A Generous Guy In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Experience With Fake/substandard Products. by Unibentested(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2015
I saw this shoe display picture and it reminded me of a funny experience. Sometime in the 90's. Not sure of the year. I was preparing to go back to the boarding school and needed to buy a school bag and some other stuff.

I left my family house at festac town (My F.T.T peeps, I hail una) for the 23road/42road market. As I was busy buying stuffs, I saw this very very fine bag, with the traditional Tommy Hilfiger Blue, White and Red colours. 

Typical of 'Festac Boys', I was particular about designers. As I approached the shop, I realized to my disappointment that the designer name was written as TONNY HILFIGER, instead of TOMMY HILFIGER...my ibo brothers don come again..why spoil this kind fine bag, wey I for use go do guy for school...

As if the pain wasn't enough, the owner of the shop, a charming ibo businessman called out to me, in my mother tongue..'They always assume every light skinned person is Ibo'..Well, this time he was right..What do you want? I mentioned I wanted the bag, but wouldn't buy it anymore because the Tommy hilfiger wasn't spelt right. 

He looked at me, with a confident smile like that of our very own 'Jidenna'..and said..in Ibo...Ahhhh, small boy, so you haven't heard, TOMMY HILFIGER is not feeling fine, infact he's at the hospital now, this bag was made by TONNY, his twin brother....Omo! I pick race, before the guy Jazz me, cos na december period...Someone who can confidently lie like that, can as well use me for money rituals....

Years later, my elder brother told me of his own experience..He was passing a electronics shop in the notorious Onitsha market, and saw a guy using black marker to add the letter S to some already branded 'HARP' Television sets...to convert it to SHARP TV...

A friend of mine, back then in Uniben (My Unibenghazi peeps I hail una), did not find it too funny, after using his savings to purchase a supposed 'YAMAHA' I better pass my neighbour generator to oppress neighbour's and impress the ladies...the Gen started to malfunction within a week...Typical of Engine boys, we attempted fixing it ourselves..As he was going through the manual, it occured to me to peel off the name YAMAHA pasted on the Gen, underneath, we saw the inscription Jinseng, Jianching, Jinxaling or some Chinese name like that...Na so my guy start to swear for ibo people...‎

Share your experience...

Re: Funny Experience With Fake/substandard Products. by lekan008(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2015
These are end time products
Re: Funny Experience With Fake/substandard Products. by Khd95(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2015
Ibo kwaenugrin
Re: Funny Experience With Fake/substandard Products. by ibnzubair(m): 7:57am On Dec 19, 2015
I was there

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Speech In China / The Latest Information Board For Hair Dressing Saloons / Lol...lmao...lwkmd...answer This Question;what Exactly Do We Call This???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.