Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,783 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Family, My Everything - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family, My Everything (857 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation / My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family, My Everything by Eddygourdo(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2015
I really have never seen or known a scenario or condition that pleases my soul more than when am with my family, with my family I feel safe, with my family I think straight, with my family I am able to see beyond my current troubles and with my family I see hope of a better tomorrow. Has it always been for me this way? I will disagree. I had times in my youth when I felt misunderstood, where I felt judged, where I felt trapped and ultimately unfulfilled hanging around my family. This was till I went out in the world I realised the devil and his minions lived and operated outside.

They were my colleagues at work who south to hurt me without provocation, they were my roommates in school which stole my things and gossip ed behind me, they were my so called friends who gladly betrayed me once I wasn't looking, the where strangers on the street who abused me or splashes water on me cos they could. All in all I realised that home is the only place I could use any cup to drink water without asking or wondering who had used it earlier, that the imperfections in my family is child's play when compared to the imperfections in the real world.

I read of experiences of people who have lost a family member and I realised they cried more in missing their presence that they did when bearing whatever Ill treatment the member inflicted in life, I realised time on earth is synonymous with actors on a live stage, everyone plays his part and parts to be seen no more.

It made all the sense in the world to love my family as I love myself irrespective of our frailties, because our time together shall be short and our imperfections only matter in this short albeit brief period.

This is Christmas and new year time, the best period of thanksgiving with your family for whatever graces God has allowed you witness, I am with my family and together we wish you all merry Xmas and new year in advance, try and show your family how much you are thankful for them this period.

If unfortunately you are mourning the loss of a family member, GOD will grant you the strength to bear it in the spirt of the yuletide season. Cheeriooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family, My Everything by Chidoks(f): 11:00am On Dec 19, 2015
Wow,this is a sweet one.though I have my own family now,I miss being with my parents and siblings.we laughed a lot and as I read through this piece,I remembered again how good we were till tragedy struck...
God bless the woman whose womb carried me,God rest the soul of the man that fathered me,God bless and prosper my siblings,God bless the OP and God bless y'all.

1 Like

Re: My Family, My Everything by okirewaju(f): 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
Family is everything
Re: My Family, My Everything by nifton(m): 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
Without family we have nothing,infact without family we are nothing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marrying A Woman Doesn’t Make Her Your Property But… (a Must Read) / 7 Facts Why Women Are Insecure! / Meet The 60 Year-old-never-married- Before Bride, Sarah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.