Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,891 members, 7,949,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

Majority Of Nigerian Entertainers Are Not Exciting - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majority Of Nigerian Entertainers Are Not Exciting (648 Views)

�young Entertainers Are Not Disciplined - Okey Bakassi / Harrysong - ”i Wrote Majority Of Five Star Music Songs” / Entertainers Are Not Happy, But We Make People Happy- Sunny Neji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Majority Of Nigerian Entertainers Are Not Exciting by Orikinla(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
The Nigerian entainment industry is not exciting anymore, because majority of the entertainers are now boring.
They compete for bragging rights among themselves, but only few of them are worth all the buzz and hype.

We don't have enough from the musicians to even make Top 10 Hit Singles Charts every month, because the hit songs are few and they are soon forgotten. And the Nigerian film industry does not produce enough movies again to excite the movie buffs and millions of fans.
We don't even know which of soap operas and comedies are the most popular on TV since there are no ratings.

The most exciting entertainers on radio and TV are the Americans, Europeans and Asians.
Telemundo and Zee World have sent Nigerian soap operas to the background.
Even the Nigerian grand fathers and grandmothers prefer Telemundo and Zee World to Nollywood movies.

I cannot remember the last time a Nigerian movie won an award overseas.
Many of them are now idling away posting and sharing trivialities on Twitter and colourless selfies on Instagram.

I guess Don Jazzy and his Mavin crew are still rehearsing street slogans and jingles to cut and join to make a popular ditty. And Nollywood has run out of ideas.
Nollywood is now the more you look, the less you see.

Has the wind of Change blown away the excitement?
Or no more dollars to display and spray?
What happened to the US$200 million former President Goodluck Jonathan gave to the entertainment industry?

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerian Entertainers Are Not Exciting by acenazt: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
One thing that annoys me is their inability to put on real stage performances. They do nothing but lip synch,sing after their own songs. That sucks

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerian Entertainers Are Not Exciting by MRBrownJ: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
sadly, i blame the promoters for the lip synching garbage that we see/hear everywhere, because if they'd ask for a "proper" live show (and have the right equipments for one), then they would get live shows.... but lets also remember that many of these artists dont have what it takes to remotely reproduce live the songs that were produce in a studio.

as for Nollywood, so long as they allow these garbage directors to make these awful movies, then Nollywood will forever remain the garbage that it is, whether there are few good movies released there or not.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Rocks A Suit For The Firsttime; Strikes A Pose With Jay Jay Okocha (photo / Actress/producer Uche Jombo Celebrates 36th Birthday With Husband’s Family / Wizkid Gives A Fan N250K For Having His Face Tatooed On His Chest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.