Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,303 members, 7,887,895 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:01 PM

The Tenets Of The Laveyan Satanic Church Are Surprisingly Noble. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tenets Of The Laveyan Satanic Church Are Surprisingly Noble. (552 Views)

Halloween Is Demonic!! Revealed By Founder Of Satanic Church / There Is Satanic Agenda To Eliminate Christians From Nigeria –paul Enenche / Ladies/women That Do Not Cover Their Hair In Church Are Sinners. (bible Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tenets Of The Laveyan Satanic Church Are Surprisingly Noble. by CoolUsername: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
A BIT OF BACKGROUND
The LaVeyan Satanic church was founded by Anton LaVey in 1966. It is an atheistic philosophical belief system. In this church, the followers do not practise worship of any deity but instead see the biblical Satan as allegory for human nature and desires.

But I just thought they were a bunch of funny people trying to mock organized religion not unlike Pastafarians.

When I clicked the link that led me to their seven tenets, I was positively surprised.
Here they are:

1.One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

3. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

4. The freedoms of others should be respected,
including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

5. Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

6. People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

7. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
Re: The Tenets Of The Laveyan Satanic Church Are Surprisingly Noble. by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2015
drop the link, lemme confirm it

(1) (Reply)

Please Read / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol / Help Me Praise Jesus!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.