Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,348 members, 7,920,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 12:22 AM

Marketing Practitioners Meet Here - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marketing Practitioners Meet Here (3655 Views)

Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by GogoGee: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2009
Mr incisor thankss, am looking forward to your answers to my Marketing Task.
Let keep this Marketing post bobling. It will be benificial to all.
God bless
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by Dgreat2: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
i think it is only multinational coys like; guinness, nbplc, nestle, pz, cadbury e.t. c that can are distinguishing marketing from sales.

while sales is just all activities involved to stimulate sales such as, advertising, direct marketing, personal selling, sales promotion e.t.c,

marketing is the whole activities involved to stumulate company's existence and profitability. such decision is related to integration of the whole marketin activities such as, R&grin, Product development, pricing, integrated marketing communications, distribution and logistics among others.

Do most nigeria marketers involve in the above marketing functions? the answer is no.

what we refers to as marketing in nigeria is just personal selling with some direct marketing, and mobile advert.

So how can we build world class marketing practitionals lies with the institute of marketing of nigeria. but the institute is asleep. can someone wake them up.

more talks are expected. let us keep the ball rolling.

anyway, have you read about blue ocean strategy? let us discuss it.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by lanres1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
@Incisor, please send a copy of the service profit chain article to my box lanresharafa@yahoo.com
I came across such information while reading an article on service marketing.
Regards!
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by manangel(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
@seun,

thanks for returning my posting privilege.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by incisor: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2009
@lanre
Done.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by goodGod(m): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2009
i will aso be interested in the article please.my email address is jasonallied@yahoo.com
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by pip4wealth(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2009
You guys are really making marketing profession taking the right place it deserves. As a Professional in the field of marketing I just want to make little contribution to some of the questions and issues discussed above.

Let's first look at the way marketing and sales are treated in Nigeria. It should be clear to all that most companies in Nigeria don't differentiate sales from Marketing. In fact, when they mention marketing functions what they mean is selling functions. To the extent that Marketing department is treated like sales department. If there is one major difference I would like to mention, it is the fact that Marketing is a broad term that encompasses other components out of which selling is just a sub element of one of the components of marketing.

To this end marketing is made up of 4 variables which are Product, Price, Place and promotion. I need to make it clear that selling is a subset of Promotion which consists of Personal Selling, Publicity, advertising, and Sales Promotion. As you can see marketing is bigger in scope than what an average CEO understands it to be. A Marketing executive is suppose to be a master strategist responsible for product planning and development. pricing, promotion and distribution of the product. All these actions are done to the total satisfaction of both existing and potential customers.

If you need to know more about Marketing and Selling differences you can send an email to me @ morufug@yahoo.com to pick up an article I wrote on the topic: Compendium of Marketing Definition which clearly explains Marketing in relation to other often confused variables

For Introduction sake, I'm the CEO of Mighty-MofaZ Company, an Internet Marketing Business Solutions company. An associate member of NIMN
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by oshyno(m): 4:27am On Jun 16, 2009
@ INCISOR I will like to have the material ;oshtronic@yahoo.com
Actually going through your post tells me u've got some potentials and will like to share.daz gud of a gesture.keep it up
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by guseman(m): 5:07am On Jun 16, 2009
I am Marketing Executive with an Insurance Company, though I have about two years experience as a Merchandiser for a Bottling Company. Then another two years experience as a Systems Engineer for an IT Company but presently I sell and Market Insurance Policies.

So for advise or enquiries generally about Insurance, don't hesitate to Contact me.

gusemanonline@yahoo.com
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
Head Office (Aret G. Adams House)
233, Ikorodu Rd, Ilupeju Lagos
08039416276, 01-7628654
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by Lexyl(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
@incisor, please send the marketing material to my mail ladilawuyi@yahoo.com,
Regards
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by DGuv1(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2009
hi guy'z let joing hands together and make this profession great.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by DGuv1(m): 10:23am On Jun 17, 2009
Qudos to the everybdy in the house,i've been in the marketing line for over two years in banking and insurance sectors etc now i worked with an outsourcing firm in lagos,as a business development officer.Does any body know the strategies which i can use in getting more customers.We are actually into outsourcing,resourcing,training &fleet services mgt.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by babaaleem: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2009
Good ,
I have read through many comments and i'm so excited.

Let us go through this all over again by CEO of Mighty-MofaZ Company

''Let's first look at the way marketing and sales are treated in Nigeria. It should be clear to all that most companies in Nigeria don't differentiate sales from Marketing. In fact, when they mention marketing functions what they mean is selling functions. To the extent that Marketing department is treated like sales department. If there is one major difference I would like to mention, it is the fact that Marketing is a broad term that encompasses other components out of which selling is just a sub element of one of the components of marketing.

To this end marketing is made up of 4 variables which are Product, Price, Place and promotion. I need to make it clear that selling is a subset of Promotion which consists of Personal Selling, Publicity, advertising, and Sales Promotion. As you can see marketing is bigger in scope than what an average CEO understands it to be. A Marketing executive is suppose to be a master strategist responsible for product planning and development. pricing, promotion and distribution of the product. All these actions are done to the total satisfaction of both existing and potential customers''.

I was a banker and a relationship management in one of the five fast paced Banks in Nigeria, but what  i realise about marketing in banking is far from what people outside there say.

Is what we are doing in bank(s) marketing department is it a marketing or sales ? i get lost when i couldn't match the two key words together with my responsibility as a marketer.

In bank we do more of relationship management not marketing as people use to call it.

Bank Management spend millions of Naira to develop a product at the end of the day they realise pea nut, because staffs are far from the product knowledge.

Nigerian banks have lost touch from sales/Marketing to relationship management.

It all about cash mobilisation in banks thats why it's more tough and dificult now for every one of them to go back to the rudiment of banking i mean core banking.

Thank You.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by stacee: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
hi guys, I am doing a column in a business newspaper titled "diary of a marketer". I write about the challenging and fun aspects of the Job. Would you guys mind if I join your discussion forum?
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by IfeanyiO(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2009
Goodday All,
I am a marketer too ,I also enjoin the numerous contributions here .Permit me ,i must say here that it is not a do or die affair to meet up target,she de want to kill person.
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by DGuv1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2009
Developing Your Marketing Strategy

With an understanding of your business 'internal strenghts and weaknesses and the external opportunity and threat, (swot) you can develop a strategy which is based on your own strenghts which can lead you to your opportunity.

When Developing your Strategy you need to ask these various Question

1.What changes are taking place in our business Environment? Are these opportunity or threat?

2.What are your strenghts and weaknesses

3.What do you want to achieve? set clear,realistic objectives

4.Who are your customers l

5.How will you target the most profitable customers

6.What are the best way to talk to your cutomers
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by GogoGee: 3:46am On Jul 20, 2010
Hi Guys let keep this tread up, if any one have question(s) or task relating to marketing/sales management I am here to help.
Cheers
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by graciousify(f): 4:05am On Apr 09, 2019
hi guys, please I need strategies and advise on how to bring in sales for my company
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by habdulharsix(m): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good afternoon everyone, it's a great priviledge to be on this platform at this present period.

I'm a young graduate of marketing from one of the prestigious university in this country (University of Ilorin) and currently doing my Masters degree in University of Lagos. I'm also a member of NIMN.

While in school my thoughts was studying one of the most sought for discipline would create a better chance for me in the real business world but on getting to the real business world reverse is the case. The way most companies sees marketers today is just as an agent of sales and only few regards them as relationship officers or a real Marketer. It's very unfortunate that National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN) is just a toothless dog that has not done anything obvious to protect its members and the profession just like ICAN especially is doing.

@Incisors(please can you send me the materials?) and other leaders in the field present on this platform I will be glad if we can share opinions and beneficial knowledge via olamide.abdulazeez@yahoo.com
Re: Marketing Practitioners Meet Here by habdulharsix(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
@ Stacee do you mind if we can work something out together on "diaries of a Marketer"? you can reach me via olamide.abdulazeez@yahoo.com. I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Young Igbo Men Meet Their Utimely Death As They Try To Rescue An Hausa Man In- / Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms / Pls Help Me Between Chemistry And Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.