Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,027 members, 7,939,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. (3810 Views)

Kwankwaso Donates Relief Materials To Fulani Victims Of Mambila Terrorist Attack / More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills / Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. by Chelseafan99: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
“Having breasts was shameful. My grandmother noticed mine when I was 10. One night, she made me lie down on a bamboo bed by the fire. She pressed on me with a hot wooden spatula and tried to flatten them. Even now, I don’t want people to touch my chest.” – Jeannette, 28 years old.

“Breast ironing” is the Cameroonian custom of massaging young girls chests with hot tools—spatulas and pestles being the most common—in an attempt to flatten their developing breasts. This is done with the intention of postponing their first sexual relationships by making their bodies less attractive to men. Parents often fear that the girls won’t finish their education if they meet a man and become pregnant....

Read more

https://ourtimeiscome./2015/12/20/the-victims-of-cameroons-horrific-breast-ironing-tradition/

Re: The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. by MindTwister: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
Horrific
Re: The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. by Hefemale: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
This will be so painful
Re: The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. by finalboss(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
grin flat b**bs ...haha...what will i press... hmm..mod rmv the two posters above.... ftc
Re: The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition. by fistonati(m): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
Damn, that's barbaric!!!!!!!!! What will now remain of them to feed children when they eventually get marry.
Their husband's will start hunting neighboring countries for d joy of d upside world. As for me flat-chested girls are no go area.
Mama say I like it so much when I was a baby
I like d pillowy, 5 liters each B's

(1) (Reply)

The Way Many Nigerians Insult President Buhari On Social Media Now Is Alarming / Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church / Why Yoruba Elders Are Against Odu'a Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.