Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,384 members, 7,881,389 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight (1163 Views)

I’m Not ‘Come And Chop’ Politicians Like APC Leaders – Prof. Sagay / Obasanjo Wants To Bring Down Buhari's Government - Reps / Fayose Is On The Road To Self-destruction — Prof. Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by kahal29: 4:40am On Dec 21, 2015
• Says Nigerian Tribune concutted the interview. The last interview he had with them was in August this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/tweets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by kahal29: 4:41am On Dec 21, 2015
But Maka Why?
Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by kahal29: 4:47am On Dec 21, 2015
See the last interview on August 28, 2015.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/sagay-interview-i-am-not-neutral-%E2%80%A2speaks-tinubu-fashola-amaechi-wike-justice-oloyede

1 Like

Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by Demmocrats(m): 4:49am On Dec 21, 2015
They have opened his own corruption history/book and threaten the dude grin
Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by Duhduhduh: 4:50am On Dec 21, 2015
Head of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption to President Muhammadu Buhari and renowned constitutional lawyer, Professor Itse Sagay is alleging that the judiciary is being manipulated by the executive, he said the independence of the judiciary is just a mere saying. “For instance, a judge can be fired by the person (the President) that puts him there if he gives a judgement that is not pleasing to his party. And because the judge is still interested in his job, he will want to act to the script.”

He also alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is being seriously compromised by the politicians in power...“All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for. It is everywhere but it depends on who can spend more.”

He also did not spare the Department of State Service (DSS) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) saying the institutions lack integrity.
He said: “Immediately President Buhari got to Aso Rock, the EFCC and DSS, as if they have not existed before, began to arrest and do all sort of things.
“But if you look at it holistically, are they saying it is only PDP governors and public office holders that are corrupt? No. One thing is that they are doing whatever they are doing to please the President, who can hire and fire them. Which of the governors out of the 36 States is not corrupt? So, why is it that only PDP people are being chased up and down? The anti-corruption crusade is being selective.”

So what else is new, my friend...?

See detail interview here
http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight-%E2%80%94sagay
Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by kahal29: 4:57am On Dec 21, 2015
Duhduhduh:
Head of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption to President Muhammadu Buhari and renowned constitutional lawyer, Professor Itse Sagay is alleging that the judiciary is being manipulated by the executive, he said the independence of the judiciary is just a mere saying. “For instance, a judge can be fired by the person (the President) that puts him there if he gives a judgement that is not pleasing to his party. And because the judge is still interested in his job, he will want to act to the script.”

He also alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is being seriously compromised by the politicians in power...“All the INEC officials in Lagos are on the payroll of someone who will ask you what it takes to win. Someone who is ready to give you more than you ask for. It is everywhere but it depends on who can spend more.”

He also did not spare the Department of State Service (DSS) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) saying the institutions lack integrity.
He said: “Immediately President Buhari got to Aso Rock, the EFCC and DSS, as if they have not existed before, began to arrest and do all sort of things.
“But if you look at it holistically, are they saying it is only PDP governors and public office holders that are corrupt? No. One thing is that they are doing whatever they are doing to please the President, who can hire and fire them. Which of the governors out of the 36 States is not corrupt? So, why is it that only PDP people are being chased up and down? The anti-corruption crusade is being selective.”

So what else is new, my friend...?

See detail interview here
http://tribuneonlineng.com/buhari-is-not-sincere-with-corruption-fight-%E2%80%94sagay

Good to know you have read the said "interview". Do you think that someone as learned as Sagay would carelessly talk like that? A professor of Law cum SAN making wild and unsubstantiated statements in public?

5 Likes

Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by redsconsult(m): 5:02am On Dec 21, 2015
the very fact that there is truth or reality in the message being passed across but it shouldnt have taking this dimension of misrepresenting sagays view... SAGAY ur are a professor of law, you know what to do in this case. i am not as learned as you are but if you failed to act means they are right and you actually said so.....
Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by Mjshexy(f): 6:06am On Dec 21, 2015
I hope he takes tribune to court for damages on his personality, maybe 100billion naira slam or more will do undecided

1 Like

Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by omenka(m): 6:16am On Dec 21, 2015
If indeed he didn't, then he knows exactly what to do: sue their lying asss to "brokeness".

That's all I can say.

By the way, I love me some SR. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by gunuvi(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Is Sahara reporters his media adviser? Why can't be come out with a press statement instead of telling us via SR. I smell someone is not saying it l here.
Moreover everything they say he said is the bitter truth and the reality of the change mantra that we are all getting today. Shame.
Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by aieromon(m): 6:48am On Dec 21, 2015
He's a legal luminary,he knows the next line of action.

We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2015
kahal29:

Good to know you have read the said "interview". Do you think that someone as learned as Sagay would carelessly talk like that? A professor of Law cum SAN making wild and unsubstantiated statements in public?

why has he not sue them?
Re: Prof Sagay Denies Ever Granting Interview Running Down Buhari's Corruption Fight by tomakint: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2015
All these APC minions with their false claims just to bury the truth will not stand the test of time ....I opened this ugly thread just to read from the Prof himself only for me to see 'SaharaReporters'. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Femi Adesina's Relative Who Died In Car Crash / The Romantic Relationship Between Rev.father Ejike Mbaka And Pres.buhari. / Between Jonathan’s Ebola Fever And Buhari’s Lassa Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.