Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,202 members, 7,977,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:59 AM

Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi (1433 Views)

WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. / How Do I Stop My Baby From Thumb Sucking? / Warren Buffett Cuts Off Adopted Granddaughter From His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2006
What do you think about the adoption of a child by Madonna from Malawi? Is what the International press saying right? Bearing in mind that she has her own kids, is the press fair to her?
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by candylips(m): 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2006
there are other threads adressing this issue already
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by bamidele(m): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2006
I am so confused about the issue i dont blame madonna it is an African tragedy , can i begin by asking if i was an african celebrity, would i be allowed to come to England and adopt a white baby definetly not,
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2006
@bamidele,
Your question was a good one but I think you should ask why the black stars (R n B,Rap,ETC) aren't doing similar things. I understand that Oprah Winfrey has an orphanage, but be sincere, do you think it is all the money dedicated to the operation of the ophanage that gets put into the lives of the children. Can any orphange give that child the quality of life that Madona will give him? If she hadn't adopted him and said she'd just train him, probabaly the press would have said she is racist and doesn't want to adopt him 'because he is black. Have you noticed that majority of the stars that come to africa to adopt are "whites". What are the black stars doing?
I think what seems to be the issue here is not the adoption but the fact that the Malawian government will not be getting the kind of funds they ought to be getting if it was otherwise.
I spoke with some learned africans  and we all agreed that the black press seems to be making a mountain over a mouldhill. Be sincere, do you think that there will be no parent in your village willing to give Madonna their child for adoption knowing fully well the type of life the boy will be given?
I think Madona did a very good thing but the press is just being unfair to her. If I were to be her, I'd simply return the baby and adopt another child from an orphanage in uk and tell AFRICA to go to HELL. There are many kids in UK who needs help too,however their needs is not as high as those of their african counterparts. If we continue like this, do you think we will ever progress?
China is more developed than most of all the african nations, babies are adopted from there on very regularly basis yet they do not create all the hype africa is creating. I am sorry to say but sometimes I am ashamed to call myself an african because africans never seem to want something good. Have you guys thought of the type of improvement that child can create in his Malawian community when he comes of age? Let me think , NO!
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by candylips(m): 9:25am On Oct 23, 2006
the problem is she went through the back door to get the child
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by Seun(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2006
No, she did not. She followed the standard process.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2006
From what I know about the whole issue,I agree with Seun that she followed the standard procedure. However, we can not completely rule out the fact that the true meaning of adoption was not explained to his parents.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by bamidele(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2006
What is really pissing me off now is the father of the child is now saying that he did not know that his son was being adopted for life , he thought he would have him back after he finishes school how naive of him , did he not read the papers its so sad he has come to this conclusion.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by naijadiva2(f): 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2006
the guy doesn't speak english so maybe when traslated in his language, it didn't make sense to him.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2006
@naija_diva,
You guys make me laugh. grin grin grin However, this said, we should remember that when the boy gets to a certain age, he will want to trace his roots, he will surely locate his people and if he doesn't do drugs like most blacks do (I am not being racist) he will achieve something with this immense opportunity given him and as such bring sustainable development to his people. Did you guys see that village, I have friends who believe africa is one huge forest (bloody nazis cheesy ).
Is the press really being fair?
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by bamidele(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2006
I have changed my views on this one the boy's mother died of Aids it puts a whole new perspective to things

Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by Reverend(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2006
Funny how the father of the child was willing to give his kid for Madonna to bring up, but wants him back once he is educated and grown up.

The guy is a real loser and a sad figure of a father. Funny how people start to change their minds once money becomes an issue. I am sure his family is working on him. Telling him how much money they could all make from this.

My opinion is that anywhere has to be better for the poor kid than living in that shit Country with a loser parent!
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by candylips(m): 1:38am On Oct 29, 2006
its called shot happens in this world we live in
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2006
After following the story for a while, i began understanding why some of my white friends believe we still live on trees in africa. grin Dat village was something else. I doubt if he knows what some whites will do to just have madonna say hi to them. If you remember madonna's pilgrimage to Isreal, you'd understand what I mean.
It sad but the black mentality always rubs in. smiley
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by candylips(m): 1:24am On Nov 10, 2006
so what exactly is your point
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 1:32am On Nov 10, 2006
to be sincere i don't know.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by ell77(f): 1:34am On Nov 10, 2006
@ Bamidele - apparently the AIDS thing was a lie the child authorities told Madonna, even the orphanage is declaring they had nothing to do with that rumour. The mother dies of child complications or something like that can't remember. Google it.

@ Reverend - well I get ur point and I am not saying the father is a good father or not. But in Nigeria many people give their children to relatives to be raised if their relative is wealthier. In fact, children are sent to homes often as housegirls/boys so that the children work for their school fees. It is possible he was going on the same principle and just felt because she was rich she was doing this out of Charity not that she was looking for a child and fell in love with his cutie. Anywayz, still undecided about if the father is good or not, but I do think Madonna should have used proper channels, she broke laws, why? Because she is rich, what about the other orphans anyway - if it was purely charity she should have put more money into the orphanage perhaps. Also why is she converting the Christian child to Kabalah when the boy is only in her custody for 18 months and the parents were both Christian? Too soon i think.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by KDK(m): 1:39am On Nov 10, 2006
@ ell77,
mind buging questions you asked. I must confess that I see some light in ur comment.
Re: Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi by candylips(m): 3:52am On Nov 10, 2006
KDK:

to be sincere i don't know.

GADDAME

(1) (Reply)

Serious Challenge : Want To Relocate To Lagos, Wife Not Interested. / no need. thanks. / Whats The Ideal Number Of Children One Should Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.