Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,687 members, 7,965,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:02 PM

Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom (21334 Views)

Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League / Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by epadomo(m): 8:42am On Dec 22, 2015
Igahlo my guy. Thumbs up
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by omozu1(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2015
I love this player he is good i see another Eto.
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Gegz(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2015
Oluwa, ansa our call too. Make our stories a case of odion ighalo, from grass to grace before d year runs out and beyond. Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by saintkel(m): 8:56am On Dec 22, 2015
Hard work pays. By the way have come to realize that most of dis rich guys today were extremely poor way back, from Alex ekwueme to Goodluck Jonathan and now igalo. poor guys from d slumps are destined for greatness if they work hard
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by lexyman(m): 9:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Well done Ighalo ! Replicate this your form in the national team and we will take you more serious .
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by chesterlee(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2015
AnthonyAk:
Upcoming players should take note , greed dosent always pay. a certain Mikel Obi can only be seen in pictures these days

Must everything football be about Mikel

Give the guy a break abeg!
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Normosa(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2015
Fantastic striker. imagine him in a team with the boots of Ozil. Kai.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by davechelseafan(m): 9:30am On Dec 22, 2015
Inspiring
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2015
ERONX:
Locate ur dasuki alone and face d consequence alone angry
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by felainho: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2015
Odion, we are proud of you from maracana. However, disregard what the newspapers are saying, and come back to give back and encourage other upcoming stars in AJ, where you come from. We will keep praying for you and wish u well.
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by sirAmeh(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2015
Great guy!!
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by unclet1985: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2015
May God crown His afforts, Amen cool
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by tpraiz(m): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2015
I hope he surpasses Yakuba Aiyegbeni Tally for super Eagles............#AMeN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Aystarz: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2015
Demmocrats:
When you make GOD the author and finisher of your life, what do you expect, unmerited favour and blessings.

All glory belongs to the Almighty, because without him we are nothing.

Refreshing coming from an unrepentant tribal warlord
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by kings09(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2015
Make him share goals give mikel too cheesy
looseweight:
More goals to your boots
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by jidebaba69(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2015
AnthonyAk:
Upcoming players should take note , greed dosent always pay. a certain Mikel Obi can only be seen in pictures these days

Very true. Mikel will look upon a career that was wasted due to greed. He will never attain the heights that everyone hoped for him. He is a washed up bench warming substitute. A five minute squad player because he chose money over development. End of story! A lesson for upcoming players. Choose to play better football hone your skills through diligent hard work and money will come knocking.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by bankylan: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
AnthonyAk:

I am sure your parents will rather have Mikel over u as their child...Mikel has achieved everything he needs to achieve in football. everyone knows him...Who are u? the only way of making ur self known is being abused here...what an anonymous being u are!
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
he is the only Nigerian player that has got me excited in a long time. And he scores his goals week in week out, not in spurts.

I wouldn't want him to end up at Chelsea, arsenal, man city or man utd (he's better than our strikers ATM though) because he'd just start warming bench. Same thing they did to Remy, Bony, et al.

Totenham is ideal for him. A strike partnership of Ighalo + Kane could be deadly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Alao96(m): 10:49am On Dec 22, 2015
Wetin una xpect... Edo boy... E mumcy for don coook am for jazzz
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by archysojy1234(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2015
Am so sad 4 losing as a liverpool fan on sunday, but likewise am happy is a nigerian. More goals ighalo
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by oloriooko(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2015
This guy is red hot and fuming with goals
His first goal against Liverpool was almost from an impossible angle but he managed to do the impossible.

Injuries be far from you bro, we are very proud of you and wish you more exploits

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by DeRay98(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2015
Chanchit:
This is the only guy making me happy when it comes to nigerian players now. I just hope Granada would loan Isaac Success too to watford.
Granada helped to polish Ighalo to this finished product of high quality delivery.
Presently, they are doing same for Success, he has been the main man up front though, he scores less but his power and positioning is working for them.
With Ighalo, Isaac, kelechi, Awoniyi and lately Osimhe, all very young, passed through national youth teams with early successes, I see a terrifying S.Eagle attacked being groomed to prime in the next 2-5 years, if we get the right coach to mixed them to a destructive force.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by DeRay98(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2015
bankylan:

I am sure your parents will rather have Mikel over u as their child...Mikel has achieved everything he needs to achieve in football. everyone knows him...Who are u? the only way of making ur self known is being abused here...what an anonymous being u are!

His comment is not bashing but one that shows patrotic love of a bigger desire for a Nigerian hero. Most Nigerian football fans gain nothing from Nigerian stars but they show patriotism. With the class Mikel showed at U-20, the Whole football world saw his star and wished to see him rule the world like Messi has been doing for almost 10yrs now, having been next to Messi at U-20. He certainly has been successful for himself and family but many admirers of his are disappointed that he never really reached where everyone knew he had the talent to reach.
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Chanchit: 11:53am On Dec 22, 2015
DeRay98:

Granada helped to polish Ighalo to this finished product of high quality delivery.
Presently, they are doing same for Success, he has been the main man up front though, he scores less but his power and positioning is working for them.
With Ighalo, Isaac, kelechi, Awoniyi and lately Osimhe, all very young, passed through national youth teams with early successes, I see a terrifying S.Eagle attacked being groomed to prime in the next 2-5 years, if we get the right coach to mixed them to a destructive force.

True.
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by udeme67(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2015
I love this guy he is a great talent for Nigeria football

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by Jacko1(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
D way u turn man utd defence respect ursef oh dont try dat wif ma chelsea...... No try am at all ..... Ok wait liverpool head hehe
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by ikorodureporta: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Reppin A.J! smiley
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by pavy(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ighalo sends a chunk of his wages back to family in Nigeria and charities who help kids, schools and widows.

He plans to open up an orphanage there next year. His charitable spending must be considerable:
cc: lalasticlala

I was particularly moved by this part...other Nigerian celebs should take a cue from Ighalo. The money you make as a celeb is not just for fashion, cars, drinks and parties, they need to learn/develop the habit of giving back to the society.

Everything under the sun has a lifespan, even if they don't lose their wealth, they are gonna die someday and will only be remembered by their deeds as it affects individual lives.

cc: Whizkid, Davido, Olamide, Mikel, etc smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by eltweezy90(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
AnthonyAk:
Sometimes I wonder if he used adhesive glue to apply to his button so as to remain permanently stuck on the Chelsea bench .Biko! Today na Ighalo odion day jor! Make I celebrate am. I was happy when he struck two pass Adam bodjan of Liverpool fc last week.
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by adefizzy(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
The story is always interesting when you succeed. May God grant us success.
Re: Nigerian Striker Odion Ighalo's Rise To Stardom by AnthonyAk(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
bankylan:

You sound angry. if your parents disowned you for mikel thats very unfortunate. my parents love me very much and couldnt have a better son

Mikel will look bk on his career one day and realize he has no highlights . nothing of note with and think what might have been

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) / Serie A: We’ll Not Welcome You – Inter Milan Supporters Tell Lukaku / Lionel Messi And Argentina Train Before Copa America Opener (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.