Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,287 members, 7,934,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:55 PM

New York Times Oped On Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times Oped On Biafra (3637 Views)

Nigeria: Security Forces Kill Oil Militants, Separatists-New York Times / US Forces Locate Chibok Girls-New York Times / Shall We Tell The President-oped By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: New York Times Oped On Biafra by phranco(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2015
EbukaFran:
Nnamdi Kanu is a terrorist and he will face the justice system in Nigeria

The crimes he has been accused of are punishable by hanging under the Nigerian constitution. If he is found guilty, he will be executed. Heavens will not fall, everybody will move on.

The NY Times should concentrate on telling the world how the American government deals with its enemies. Thousands were kept in Guantanamo Bay and other secret locations for over a decade without trial while they were tortured and dehumanized. They can also shed light on the rendition programmes they executed across Europe while at it.

If Nnamdi Kanu was an American fighting the American government and asking for the balkanisation of the country, he would have been killed by CIA drones with members of his family.

Nigeria is a sovereign nation and we will handle our affairs internally. Thank you.
You don't even know the meaning of a nation,pls refer to your dictionary for proper guide. You said Nnamdi kanu is a terrorist,but your incompetent DSS has been unable to convict him or produce convincing evidence against him for terrorism charges,for over 60 days now and counting. And they still held him against his wish,against court orders to release him thereby trampling on his human right and depriving him of freedom. Doesn't this show you how lawless this contraption called nigeria is? Makes me think of leaving this country for good,cos the things happening here has confirmed to me that nigeria is a failed state and its about sinking sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Oped On Biafra by flamingREED(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2015
EbukaFran:
Nnamdi Kanu is a terrorist and he will face the justice system in Nigeria

The crimes he has been accused of are punishable by hanging under the Nigerian constitution. If he is found guilty, he will be executed. Heavens will not fall, everybody will move on.

The NY Times should concentrate on telling the world how the American government deals with its enemies. Thousands were kept in Guantanamo Bay and other secret locations for over a decade without trial while they were tortured and dehumanized. They can also shed light on the rendition programmes they executed across Europe while at it.

If Nnamdi Kanu was an American fighting the American government and asking for the balkanisation of the country, he would have been killed by CIA drones with members of his family.

Nigeria is a sovereign nation and we will handle our affairs internally. Thank you.
1. Let me know but one way he fought the government.

And to set the records straight, Nigeria is not a nation.
It's not even a nation-State like US.

A nation embodies people of common historic, cultural and ethical background; plus same language and a natural sense of unity.

If I support secession today, it's for this one reason - EXTREME ISLAMIST KILLINGS.

2. Is human life sacred to those killers up North? Will it ever be?
Isn't a man's life greater than all the treasures in all the banks of the world?

3. Moreso, can you tell me what makes an Ibo man one with a Yoruba man, and at the same time one with a Hausa man?

I have always avoided to comment on issues like this, but it's like your kind of people think that silence means you can ride others. Impossible.

Let me quote the scriptures to you:

Deuteronomy 14: 14,15 - WHEN YOU MAKE A KING OVER YOU, YOU SHOULD CHOOSE YOUR BROTHER AS YOUR KING; YOU MAYN'T MAKE A STRANGER YOUR KING.

4. That is the right of a people of the same ethnicity to govern themselves up there. Isn't it?

We have much to say, but we're quiet, not because we don't know how execrable it is to be called '0ne' with people who co-exist with you as foes.

Convince me that there shall be safety soon and for centuries to come.

5. If you can't why should I be one with those that will kill me at any time?

6. If he's a terrorist then the Nigerian courts aren't competent to have acquitted him.
Isn't that even a reason to shun the federation? Who will speak for the common man then?

7. If you can't answer the above questions logically, then don't bother quoting me because I won't reply apathy.

2 Likes

Re: New York Times Oped On Biafra by OlaoChi: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2015
kettykin:

The culture of hypocrisy must be killed.
The first time in the history of the world we now have a terrorist who has never killed anyone.

Nigeria is a sovereign nation that is at war with it self, years of unrest in the North East, agitations in the South East, renewed kidnapping in the Niger Delta, hypocrisy in the South West, shooting of Shia in the North West and militia wars in the North Central.

When war breaks out the same sovereign Nigeria will sacrifice oil rich Peninsula and go begging the same world for support.

Hypocrisy in the SW? Why did you have to mention sw when you got nothing to say about it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu Will No Longer Accept Any Food Scrutinized By DSS / The Question Before The Yoruba Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.