Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,812 members, 7,889,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon (4014 Views)

Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by YoungDaddyB: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2015
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by marshalcarter: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2015
It depends on you...if customers are much more than a single person could handle...you can think of employin maybe 1 more and maybe 25k would be enough..but if not...just increase the salary of the boy with you so that it would encourage him to keep the good work up....my thought tho smiley

Chai....see barber dey collect salary pass me

#IblameGEJ undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by sammer4life(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2015
Mehnn....... Kudos to u. Employing young Nigerians and paying them more than their government. Pay them 27k
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2015
It depends on how much you make every month. Simply put, pay them what you would want to be paid if you were to be in that position.
Please I wantu learn how to barb. Teach me, please? If you would want to teach me, just type the steps and everything I'll need. I'm going to use my neighbour's hair as Specimen A.
Thank you in anticipation wink
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by YoungDaddyB: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
I employ young college dropouts or people trying to turn their lives around. (Drug Addiction).
Thanks on your responses, I will put the two excellent advises in consideration.
My profit is much, about 200K, so yeah,
Although I really don't see 25k different from 27k.
My customers are mainly, young guys like them, and primary school kids. Things are working out fine for me.
For now its set at 25k because they won't really stress themselves.
Each one barbs most 15 people a day, start work by 9 and go home by 4 and 1 takes the night post 4- 8pm, I do this so the have time for other stuffs .

@everlily, great statement, honestly as a youth in nigeria now, 15k per month would be adequate, not great but sustainable.
Have a great day guys
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by YoungDaddyB: 10:52am On Dec 22, 2015
I don't know how to barb bro , although I guess you were joking. But give young guys with popularity in their area work, and people will crowd your shop.

EverLily:
It depends on how much you make every month. Simply put, pay them what you would want to be paid if you were to be in that position.
Please I wantu learn how to barb. Teach me, please? If you would want to teach me, just type the steps and everything I'll need. I'm going to use my neighbour's hair as Specimen A.
Thank you in anticipation wink
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 22, 2015
YoungDaddyB:
I employ young college dropouts or people trying to turn their lives around. (Drug Addiction).
Thanks on your responses, I will put the two excellent advises in consideration.
My profit is much, about 200K, so yeah,
Although I really don't see 25k different from 27k.
My customers are mainly, young guys like them, and primary school kids. Things are working out fine for me.
For now its set at 25k because they won't really stress themselves.
Each one barbs most 15 people a day, start work by 9 and go home by 4 and 1 takes the night post 4- 8pm, I do this so the have time for other stuffs .

@everlily, great statement, honestly as a youth in nigeria now, 15k per month would be adequate, not great but sustainable.
Have a great day guys

Wow. I must commend you for being a philanthropist in the making. Since you have a range, a little over 20k is okay, for starters. As they earn your trust, you suppose increase am small na smiley Nice one, man

1 Like

Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by kolomax(m): 11:03am On Dec 22, 2015
YoungDaddyB:
I don't know how to barb bro , although I guess you were joking. But give young guys with popularity in their area work, and people will crowd your shop.

It's ok bro but my advice is that you should try opening another salon in another place that you will get more income and to pay them won't be difficult but using only one shop will later affect you soonest remember those guys too will likely want to be on their own one day

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by YoungDaddyB: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2015
The truth, that is on my mind, but I will be lying if I tell u I am not comfortable, I just don't want to have to think of so many but money is being set aside for 2 more locations. I really appreciate your advice. Thanks again

kolomax:
It's ok bro but my advice is that you should try opening another salon in another place that you will get more income and to pay them won't be difficult but using only one shop will later affect you soonest remember those guys too will likely want to be on their own one day
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by YoungDaddyB: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2015
Overtime, I will expand and then increase pay as you said in relation to trust. Thanks yo

EverLily:
Wow. I must commend you for being a philanthropist in the making. Since you have a range, a little over 20k is okay, for starters. As they earn your trust, you suppose increase am small na smiley Nice one, man
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by olajide2428(m): 5:17am On Jan 24, 2017
YoungDaddyB:
Overtime, I will expand and then increase pay as you said in relation to trust. Thanks yo

Bro pls am planning on opening a barbing salon in few weeks time......will appreciate your advise ,kindly drop your whatsapp digits.this is mine.....07069592225
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by Abbexy(m): 5:24am On Jan 24, 2017
ok
Re: What Is A Reasonable Salary For My Workers At A Barbing Saloon by Solumtoya: 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nice one. Need to talk with you, bro.

(1) (Reply)

Is "Travelex" The Best Option? / Stock Market All-share Index Appreciates By 1.3 Per Cent / 20 Business You Can Start With #1000 To #1500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.