Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,516 members, 7,937,482 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? (1275 Views)

Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) / Headless Girl Who Appeared In A Couple's Family Pic Causes Panic On Instagram / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? Please Give Reasons! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by kayswag726: 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
is it advisable for a couple to open joint account??
Ur views on this,d pros and con,married peeps that practice this,how was it?,can u share your experience so far
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by bennyrazz: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
not advisable, sorry very good. Oh know, I don't think it works. It causes trouble, may be it might work? what if it does not work?
@op, whatever floats your boat. Marriage A, different from B, C,D, E. What works for your marriage might not work for others. That is what we term as "GRACE"

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by Vision4God: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
My xperience, it's cool & awesome.
D most important thing is if u trust ur spouse (TRUST)

Life is good LG wink
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by missKiffy(f): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
If they trust each other money wise
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by Ayt27(m): 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
NO
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 23, 2015
We have a joint account into which we put a fixed amount of money each at the end of month.

We also opened an account for our child in this same bank and ordered the bank to remove a fixed amount from the joint and deposit into our child's account.

God forbid evil. At least our child's account will continue to be credited for as long as there is something in the joint.

We still have our personal accounts too o. So that none of us depends on the joint for survival.

This can only happen when there is trust and both spouse are financially independent.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by kayswag726: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2015
Rukemi291:
We have a joint account into which we put a fixed amount of money each at the end of month.

We also opened an account for our child in this same bank and ordered the bank to remove a fixed amount from the joint and deposit into our child's account.

God forbid evil. At least our child's account will continue to be credited for as long as there is something in the joint.

We still have our personal accounts too o. So that none of us depends on the joint for survival.
This can only happen when there is trust and both spouse are financially independent.

I guess u are working
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by kayswag726: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2015
Ayt27:
NO
Y??
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by kayswag726: 6:58am On Dec 23, 2015
bennyrazz:
not advisable, sorry very good. Oh know, I don't think it works. It causes trouble, may be it might work? what if it does not work?
@op, whatever floats your boat. Marriage A, different from B, C,D, E. What works for your marriage might not work for others. That is what we term as "GRACE"

Have u try it b4 or u have heard something abt it and what trouble does it cause
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by Ayt27(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2015
kayswag726:

Y??

The number one cause for marriage failures and problems is Money. There will be issues with how money is spent sooner rather than later.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2015
kayswag726:

I guess u are working
Yes.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by kayswag726: 10:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Ayt27:

The number one cause for marriage failures and problems is Money. There will be issues with how money is spent sooner rather than later.

thats true,bt wen there trust and understanding its good,and couple tend to save more and dos nt spend anyhow,and that dos nt stop den from having personal acount
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by kayswag726: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2015
Rukemi291:

Yes.
and u guys don't have issues?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
kayswag726:

and u guys don't have issues?
I tried replying ur mail but d message kept bouncing...Here i am... I saw ur DM
Re: Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? by cooker: 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
no

(1) (Reply)

She Lost Her Mother, Two Weeks Later She Lost Her Husband And Kids-Graphic Photo / Switched Babies! What If You Learned That You've Been Switched In The Hospital? / Plots Of Land For Sale At Agbara Of Badagry Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.