Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:47 AM

Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? (796 Views)

Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / Girls Are Suffering In Relationships More Than The Guys / *MUST Read*are Distance Relationships More Intimate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by macho44(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2015
Source:http://adielem.com/2015/09/10/distant-relationshipsare-they-more-intimate/
Hello Nairalanders, please i need your advice urgently. I'm a young man in my early 30's and i don't seem to feel any form of attraction to women who are in close proximity to me, rather i tend to develop strong romantic attachments with females who are miles apart from me, Over the past 2 years i have been in several Long Distance Relationships which didn't not last long enough, but i just seem to gain so much emotional satisfaction from dating women who are far from me. So much pressure is being mounted on me by my family and friends to look for a lady close by and get married as soon as possible. Please i need your candid opinions on this issue.
http://adielem.com/2015/09/10/distant-relationshipsare-they-more-intimate/
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by MzPecs(f): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2015
"When you're ready to be a student then the right teacher will come and teach you"

Same is applicable to you, when you're ready to be a husband then you'll start loving your woman stay close to you.

2 Likes

Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by pweetychyka(f): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2015
@OP, u can best describe d kind of relationship u want for urself!

U can be in a close by relationship n not find attraction in ur partner n u can be in a relationship n find d everything u want in dat relationship!

N:B - U can't get married n not be close to ur wifey!

D choice is urs cheesy wink
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 23, 2015
You're a commitment phobe. You don't want a close relationship because it requires much more effort than your distant relationships. In a way, you're keeping a part of yourself to yourself, not completely vulnerable & exposed. Also, you could be the type that prefers fantasy over reality. When you're dating someone from afar, it gives you the chance to indulge in daydreaming & fantasy, the pining, etc. I think you've gotten addicted to the fantasy part, on top of being afraid of commitment or getting close to people in the flesh.

Just curious, how do you deal with the trust issues that arise when you're dating someone that doesn't live in close proximity?

1 Like

Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by cana882(m): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2015
No! It's like dating a ghost
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by fasho01(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2015
DouchessPunkyII:
You're a commitmentphobe. You don't want a close relationship because it requires much more effort than your distant relationships. In a way, you're keeping a part of yourself to yourself, not completely vulnerable & exposed. Also, you could be the type that prefers fantasy over reality. When you're dating someone from afar, it gives you the chance to indulge in daydreaming & fantasy, the pining, etc. I think you've gotten addicted to the fantasy part, on top of being afraid of commitment or getting close to people in the flesh.

Case closed!

1 Like

Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by macho44(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
MzPecs:
"When you're ready to be a student then the right teacher will come and teach you"

Same is applicable to you, when you're ready to be a husband then you'll start loving your woman stay close to you.
Lol funny u. nice point though.
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by macho44(m): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
DouchessPunkyII:
You're a commitment phobe. You don't want a close relationship because it requires much more effort than your distant relationships. In a way, you're keeping a part of yourself to yourself, not completely vulnerable & exposed. Also, you could be the type that prefers fantasy over reality. When you're dating someone from afar, it gives you the chance to indulge in daydreaming & fantasy, the pining, etc. I think you've gotten addicted to the fantasy part, on top of being afraid of commitment or getting close to people in the flesh.

Just curious, how do you deal with the trust issues that arise when you're dating someone that doesn't live in close proximity?
U've spoken well No doubt, but u will agree with me based on the fact that Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by callydon(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ours NOT worth it.
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by fartkay(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2015
NL is a platform for u to meet. Though they may seems to b far from u bo nl has made it closer.

Submit ur proposal to any g here n she will b urs

1 Like

Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by callydon(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
It's NOT worth it.
Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
macho44:
U've spoken well No doubt, but u will agree with me based on the fact that Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

True dat, but the issue here is that you seem to prefer the absence, which is why I stated that maybe you like the
idea of a relationship & the longing, over having an actual one where you meet up daily or whatever, to do things people in a relationship do. That's where it seems a little off to me. In a way I get where you're coming from though

1 Like

Re: Are Distance Relationships More Intimate? by macho44(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2016
pweetychyka:
@OP, u can best describe d kind of relationship u want for urself!

U can be in a close by relationship n not find attraction in ur partner n u can be in a relationship n find d everything u want in dat relationship!

N:B - U can't get married n not be close to ur wifey!

D choice is urs cheesy wink
Well Said, "African Princess".
www.gossipmirrors.com

(1) (Reply)

Real Babes / She’s Very Beautiful But Not Attractive. / GIVE HER VALENTINE GIFT? You Got To Be Kidding Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.