Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,420 members, 7,964,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 07:10 PM

Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos (86658 Views)

Governor Fayose Welcomes Osinbajo To Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Went To Market After Protest Against Him In Ekiti. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by banio: 8:23am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Thanks for being civil.

But I have to clarify something. I never meantioned his dressing style or appearance in the post you quoted. I dwelt entirely on the need for him to invest in more rewarding programs.

On this stomach infrastructure, how much money goes to Ekiti as monthly allocation? What is the wage bill of Ekiti workforce? Assuming that the allocation is more than the wagebill, pray tell, how much is left after payment of wages and salaries? How much does it cost to buy and package rice to the people? Is the leftover even enough to share rice in just Ado LG not to talk of the entire 16 LGA? Who and who benefits from the rices sharing? Are they even up to 10% of Ekiti population? So how can you say "he's reaching out to the people"? How many project can be executed iff money meant for them are invested in rice sharing? I even heard that he's yet to pay workers for two months. Is there wisdom in owing salary but sharing rice? Is it not better to pay them so that they can have enough to eat and to share? Can you tell any empowerment program fayose has executed? What is best between reaching out to the population through good policies that they can take advantage of to better their lives, and sharing rice that will only satisfy the moment(not the whole day)?
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are jealousing because you did not get any rice. How is this different from the amnesty programme that you support? Rice is very good for Xmas ;boiled steamed or fried
Are you sane? Did your brain tell you that everyone is in support of rewarding criminals and jobbers in the name of amnesty? You need to stop being psychologically slow and grow up

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by captainprogress(m): 8:31am On Dec 24, 2015
Why must Nigerians always complain, capacity building as been a sham, here is a man who is making Christmas worthwhile for d people of Ekiti state, am not from Ekiti but I appreciate wat he's doing to alleviate suffering. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by emmygzy(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have been witholding my position on Fayose's style of 'governance' all these whÍle. I think it's time to express it.

With due respect to Governor Ayo Fayose and his supporters, I think the Governor is abusing governance and is damaging the psyche of average Ekiti indigene on the responsibility of government by his actions.

His stomach infrastructure program has made government to be a "come and chop" affair. Instead of devoting such resources towards capacity building that will boost the human development of Ekiti people, and also wealth creation programs that will empower Ekiti people to be able to increase their financial capacity and build Ekiti economy, the governor rather spend it on non productive stomach infrastructure.

This pattern of sharing rice, cutting animal skin(kpomo), buying seasoning etc doesn't help the state go grow. Has he asked himself, "after eating the rice, what next for the people?" Will he feed them three times in a day? Will he give them money to buy cloths? Will he give them Shelter? Will he 'dash' the people automobile? How can his people get these without real empowerment?

I pray the Governor doesn't carry this form of governance(misgovernance) into the new year! He may not be the worst Governor but he needs to change...
all those yeye APC states that is collecting crazy taxes from their people and demolishing their houses without adequate compensation and banning okada and increasing their tuition fees..What did an average lagosian benefitted from ambode or fashola other than outrageous taxes and tollgates and demolition of houses. At least the ekiti people can say they benefited directly from their governor instead of people like aregbesola owing months of salary arrears.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by tsquaure(f): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2015
After many years of bad governance, Nigerian youths can no longer decipher what is right from what is wrong ... smh
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2015
I like fayose for being blunt and confident,but he should be able to do better than just always distributing rice. Are the people not tired of eating rice? He shoud develop them by letting them have free skill acquisition,etc
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by babestella: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2015
Ioannes:
probably the rice they will eat till Easter. he will give them another one by Easter.

ekiti people don enter am.

Wetin dem enter?

The dull president have taken both rice, freedom, fuel, dollars, pounds, light etc away from millions of Nigerians you are here talking.
I saw fuel queue at mobile this morning and I asked myself, what manner of Xmas gift is this? Who know what the new year gift will look like. Lol. (fingers crossed)
Go around town and feel how the Xmas then tell me the Ekiti rice won't go a long way for the ekiti people. Lol.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by chyket(m): 8:49am On Dec 24, 2015
Very good gesture!!!
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by bunmifunsho: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2015
Governor 4 His people,lyk d man
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2015
babestella:

Wetin dem enter?

The dull president have taken both rice, freedom, fuel, dollars, pounds, light etc away from millions of Nigerians you are here talking.
I saw fuel queue at mobile this morning and I asked myself, what manner of Xmas gift is this? Who know what the new year gift will look like. Lol. (fingers crossed)
Go around town and feel how the Xmas then tell me the Ekiti rice won't go a long way for the ekiti people. Lol.

After the rice WHAT NEXT? Will the rice produce fuel for them?

why not empower them to be able to buy rice for themselves?

Nigerian leaders are not the problem, the followers, the masses are their own problem.

you eat rice now, later u turn around and lament poor infrastructural facilities.

you eat your children and your children's children's inheritance now because you ate hungry now. tell me, what will you tell your children when they are hungry
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bigsteveg(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2015
Well said brother, Ekiti people......... swapping deir destiny for rice since 1425BC

TonyeBarcanista:
I have been witholding my position on Fayose's style of 'governance' all these whÍle. I think it's time to express it.

With due respect to Governor Ayo Fayose and his supporters, I think the Governor is abusing governance and is damaging the psyche of average Ekiti indigene on the responsibility of government by his actions.

His stomach infrastructure program has made government to be a "come and chop" affair. Instead of devoting such resources towards capacity building that will boost the human development of Ekiti people, and also wealth creation programs that will empower Ekiti people to be able to increase their financial capacity and build Ekiti economy, the governor rather spend it on non productive stomach infrastructure.

This pattern of sharing rice, cutting animal skin(kpomo), buying seasoning etc doesn't help the state go grow. Has he asked himself, "after eating the rice, what next for the people?" Will he feed them three times in a day? Will he give them money to buy cloths? Will he give them Shelter? Will he 'dash' the people automobile? How can his people get these without real empowerment?

I pray the Governor doesn't carry this form of governance(misgovernance) into the new year! He may not be the worst Governor but he needs to change...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:54am On Dec 24, 2015
fluffybaby:

Tonye, we need to take back Nigeria. We need to re arrange the glory of Nigeria. We can not afford to continue this foolishness in the eyes of the world.
Nigerians cañnot continue to live like slaves and beggars in the land of their fathers.
Nigerians cannot continue to sacrifice their strength, health, security, economic stability, welfare and even lives under for certain elites to enjoy the best life has to offer.
Nigerians deserve better.
How do we go about taking Nigeria from those who seek to destroy it all for their singular benefit?
We need real POSITIVE CHANGE and not just change
Yes, we need real change but how many people are really ready to look beyond partisan affiliation? But hope isn't lost anyway... The elite have failed us! We must not fail like them

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by DExplorer1: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I think there's this saying about saving the best for the last.
This is probably your best post this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2015
fluffybaby:

Tonye, we need to take back Nigeria. We need to re arrange the glory of Nigeria. We can not afford to continue this foolishness in the eyes of the world.
Nigerians cañnot continue to live like slaves and beggars in the land of their fathers.
Nigerians cannot continue to sacrifice their strength, health, security, economic stability, welfare and even lives under for certain elites to enjoy the best life has to offer.
Nigerians deserve better.
How do we go about taking Nigeria from those who seek to destroy it all for their singular benefit?
We need real POSITIVE CHANGE and not just change

So we still get sensible Nigerians ?

thumbs up.. proudly Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2015
lastpage:

Infact, now l understand why our "leaders" prefer us to be poor.... instead of providing the enabling infrastructure for us to be self-sustaining!

Fayose is creating new sets of "Ekiti-Almanjeri" citizens ...... in Yorubaland of all places!

It just remain for them to carry BOWL in hand and line up in front of his house every morning! grin grin grin

Haaa, Ekiti-kete, na so una suffer don reach? shocked shocked

May God deliver Ekiti people from this calamity called "FAYOSE"!
grin grin grin

Lastpage!

BTW: This money that is being wasted on Rice (I know half of it is looted) can be channelled into Agricultural loans to Young Farmers who will in-turn Grow enough Rice to feed their family and sell the rest without mortgaging their future to this Street Urchin called Fayose

*Give a man Fish/Rice, you would have fed him for one day

*Teach a man HOW TO FISH (Grow Rice), you would have fed him for the rest of his life

I am telling you my broda, Nigeria's problem is a compound one compounded by the illiteracy of even the supposed literate ones.

our leaders are not our problem at all. just read the comments of some people here and you will realise the level education has sunk in this country.

oh Nigeria my Nigeria, when is the hour of your salvation, because I can't see any hope in this generation or the next.

Baba Awolowo must be turning in his grave right now.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by tonysoul(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2015
“For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land” (Deuteronomy 15:11) .

let us join hands and help the poor this season
merry Christmas y'all
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2015
goldfish27:

My brod I tell u.... They problem no be only rice or food ooooooo...

Bro, that's black man's mentality. what we will eat now. tomorrow no concern us. so sad.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by 400billionman: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You and I know that 95% of our governors are lazy owing to our system of government where they wait to collect money from the centre monthly. There is virtually no development in all the states because they dont see the need to think development or revenue diversification.

Now, see Fayose's action in the light of welfare. In UK and other european countries, there are existing packages for certain categories of the poor which APC tried mimicking with a promise of N5,000 monthly stipend for the unemoloyed which promise they cant still fulfill.

Many poor families have no hope of enjoying this yuletide. Fayose is simply making his people happy and i am in full support.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by laytoshtwo: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2015
You have not collected salary and one economist told you not to collect rice from your debtor.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by fluffybaby(f): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2015
Goodboiyy:

So we still get sensible Nigerians ?

thumbs up.. proudly Nigerian

There are many of us. What we need now is to find how to air our voices.
How to introduce Nigerians to better life.
When they taste some real positive change, they themselves will fight for that change to continue.
But, we need to strategise, the people who selfishly thirst for power will not accept such a change in good faith. They will seek to end it. But we cannot allow fear stop us. Plus how do we handle greedy people who join our march just for them to climb the ranks and then change negatively?
Its a lot of work. Nigeria is unto a very long thing. It can be salvaged but it will come at a price.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by 400billionman: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2015
KingAdeOluomo1:
OGA pack well.how many bags fashola give till he leave office
No be tax this tax that fashola take finish us even dis ogbeni way dey der now what has he done
At least this one will make one or two families happy
Its simply called giving back
Make una stop this una nonsense attitude abeg the man sha dey do something eeh

Dont mind them. If Seun gives them venue for Christmas rice sharing now, you will see all these anonymous pretenders fighting for their rice gifts from nairaland.

Even banks and other corporate organizations share gifts like rams, rice, chicken to their customers.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Menace2Society(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2015
Wendyslim:
The guy try abeg at least his people are happy. At all at all na I'm bad
Nigerians are extremely dumb Chineke!over 200 even liked your stupid comment.....

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by mencer(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

He's simply after the welfare of his people....
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by HeavenShield: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Ah Sorry to ask?
Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Menace2Society(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2015
justified19:
fayose....I love u
Ibo alert grin
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Menace2Society(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2015
sirugos:
Alert!!! APC dictated..
Dumbest post ever undecided
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by 400billionman: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2015
Ioannes:

o ma se o.

can you answer this simple question for me please;

who has helped you the more,

1. the man who gives you fish to eat and

2. the man who teaches you how to fish.

The fish theory does not apply here unless you can prove to us that the other stingy 35 state governors have empowered their citizens via development whilst only fayose is sharing rice and fish.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by MrALIVE: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2015
A government that lacks direction and plan! I pity these ekiti people
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by hamzyluv(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2015
Wendyslim:
The guy try abeg at least his people are happy. At all at all na I'm bad
which of his people ? he distributed rice in 1 LGA . state capital and leave the remaining 15 LGA untouched.... my brother am an Ekiti guy ... the only time he entered my LGA since last year was the day he came to explain the cut in federal allocation .. U better gaa ra ra here

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by fluffybaby(f): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2015
babestella:

Wetin dem enter?

That is the point. Our leaders should give us our due not RICE
Give us light, water, decent education for our kids, good healthcare, pay penssion to our old retired citizens, good road. Create environment where the average Nigerian can thrive and live a decent life.
Keep the rice and chicken in your kitchen.
When Nigerians succeed in Nigeria, we will buy rice and help our brothers in need. We will support the government to help those who have no one to help or any means to help themselves.
Nigerians demand improved lives. Pay their salaries give them room to be productive and let them buy their own choice of rice.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by overboard(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2015
iyke926:
Make I dey observe even though...

Abi o. Nor mind them... LOL.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by kolmart: 9:34am On Dec 24, 2015
This is madness but anyway that is what Ekiti people voted for so they deserve the punishment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Degi-Eremienyo: The Conflicting Names That Disqualified APC Deputy Governor

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.