Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,225 members, 7,919,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander (40430 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Vikky014(f): 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
MyGeneration:
what should I hv done with it?
u shld hv left it in the car
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by kalufelix(m): 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Pdizzle:

Plastic surgery grin grin

Op you shouldn't have dropped a link to the moniker. Your online personality is who you really are, and it's going to reflect in the real, later or sooner.
Am not sure if i agree with you or not because i can only speak for myself. Most of the times am just fooling around here with some of my comments, what i know is that online platforms gives us the opportunity to express the deepest part of our thoughts but then isn't the deepest part of our thoughts who we really are?? Lol

I still think my online personality is not entirely who i am...
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Folksyharry(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Thank you very much OP. Sometimes when I see comments made on this forum I can't help but wonder if that's how these people speak outside the internet. If it's just an online thing then they need to understand that it's very immature to use derogatory and foul language to address people just because we're in a forum where we can comment with a faceless profile. I understand that certain comments can be stir one to want to use several words to show how angry or disappointed one is but self control and discipline is the key to use at that point in time. Personally I don't like, quote or share any comment that contain foul language no matter how intelligent it is.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

My dear ,God bless your soul.I wonder why most people abuse people they Dont even know online.If u keep in mind that the world is a small place,then u will b careful about wat u type here.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
1stolax:
Weyrey undecided
nice signature
:
na una go ban tire. 1stola is here to stay
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijaboiy: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
This is crap to me.

Not everybody is cool headed and can tolerate bullshyte. I for one can't tolerate bullshyte. undecided

I return insults as they are thrown at me without remorse. I've met a lot of nairalanders and when they see me they know I'm totally different from my persona on here.

So it all depends on if you want to take what people do on an Anonymous forum such as this seriously. undecided

Go to Reddit and other forums and see insults. Twitter is not anonymous yet the users insult each other.

Abeg jare! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
My mentality changed when nairaland was down and we had to go to Facebook to connect with nairaland. I had the opportunity to see nairaland users pictures.

Then my mentality changed.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Macelliot(m): 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
OP, Are you refering to Searching4love? https://www.nairaland.com/searching4love
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by DICKtator: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2016
kaziblake:
Some people open their mouth and insult people on a faceless forum.
I don't insult people online even if you insulted I will never reply you.

Shut up!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by DICKtator: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
bidemi12:
I still wonder how Nigerian's think i swear. They never seem to ask logical and normal questions. Why would anyone just pick up someone else's laptop to use without their permission? This should have been the first question asked. And do you know the odds of this fake drama happening? There are less than 2 million members on NL nationwide, so, out of more than 120 million Nigerians, the guy hooks up with the daughter of another NL member, leaves his laptop to go shopping, the dad uses the laptop without consent, and happens to discover another NL member's moniker who's been insulting him. NIGERIAN'S, USE YOUR BRAINS. It is like their brains are wire differently from everyone else's on the planet.

No disrespect, but it seems you really have comprehension deficiency

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Kgdavid(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

Going through someone's social network profile is s gross thing to have done.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Lobolintin(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Snoring
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by drss2(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
BlackMaria:
Fvck u OP.
Lol.
op see dis one dey abuse u grin am sure he be shoe shiner for ajegunle grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by bidemi12(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin

For someone who is not comprehensively deficient, please enlighten me. cool
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Kgdavid(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin

It seems you have an attention seeking disorder

grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Mopolchi: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
#themodweybanmenacorrectthundergofiream.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Mayor101010(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Internet gangsters.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by DICKtator: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
bidemi12:

For someone who is not comprehensively deficient, please enlighten me. cool

Thank you.

The father in law did not use the laptop without consent. He sought the owner's approval

That was the beginning of the story,

Tanq

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
funny enough, I have never encountered any nairalander accidentally offline. it's almost as if I'm the only Nairalander among ma peers, & yet NL has over 1 million active users. Anybody I ask always claims they have never heard of this forum, or they view as guests for info & news.
I checked the browsing history of one particular dame that claimed she didn't know about NL, & I saw Nairaland visited from Monday to Sunday. I just giggled silently & returned her cell phone.
is that people surf Nairaland shrouded in secrecy? for fear of what? grin

I visited one of my buddies unannounced, & caught him commenting on NL with his laptop. before I could say Jack Robinson, he fleetly switched the page. I told him I had an account on NL, but he vehemently refused to disclose the pseudonym he goes by. Hehe.. I also didn't let him in on mine.

Nairaland got you feeling like some secret Black Ops agent.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by DICKtator: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kgdavid:

It seems you have an attention seeking disorder

grin

No. I don't

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by bidemi12(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
DICKtator:

Thank you.

The father in law did not use the laptop without consent. He sought the owner's approval

That was the beginning of the story,

Tanq

grin grin grin grin

I stand corrected.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by coldsummer: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
BlackMaria:

Funny,u cud type this epistle @ me.
I was just teasing u based on the topic. Which was y,I added lol into my sentence.
Since u av decided to take it personal,then I b'liv u gat low self-esteem.

grin grin grin

The Op missed the joke. Why you wash am like this. Lol
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Aystarz:

Judge yourself by this last post of yours. Biko just how are you any different from those who insult others on cyberspace.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by DICKtator: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
LaRoyalHighness:
My mentality changed when nairaland was down and we had to go to Facebook to connect with nairaland. I had the opportunity to see nairaland users pictures.

Then my mentality changed.

Wooow!!

You, my friend, are an addict.
You mean when NL was down(I remember that period, I think it was hacked rather),people went through that process to visit NL?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
U r very foolish n stupid fr saying dat
kaziblake:
Some people open their mouth and insult people on a faceless forum.
I don't insult people online even if you insulted I will never reply you.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Get a life...low life scum
repogirl:
Lmao! Very true.

I am very guilty of this....but no be me dey find trouble. If you find my trouble, I will unleash my own. A word is enough....... grin

There are those who insult to feel relevant sort of.

For me, whenever I poke people or I'm sarcastic, its cause am bored.

I don't plan on changing soon anyway. It's fun coming up with creative new ways to insult people online, after all what's the worst they can do to me? grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ur arrogant and cocky
kaziblake:
I control myself and pretend have got a thick skin.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
Get a life..low life scum
repogirl:
Lmao! Very true.

I am very guilty of this....but no be me dey find trouble. If you find my trouble, I will unleash my own. A word is enough....... grin

There are those who insult to feel relevant sort of.

For me, whenever I poke people or I'm sarcastic, its cause am bored.

I don't plan on changing soon anyway. It's fun coming up with creative new ways to insult people online, after all what's the worst they can do to me? grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by IVORY2009(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
MoltenMagma:
Searching4love, na you be cybercafe attendant? cheesy cheesy

Only dat dude/sis. Has about fifteen monika's searchiing4lovee, Searching4love, Irunooboo, etc
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
Chinwem:

Well said
There seem to be lots of them hovering around romance section in particular
Waiting to abuse single ladies
They descend like vultures to a carcass
One starts then the others follow like blind leading the blind
Constructive criticism doesn't mean anything to them
Their (lack of) upbringing shows
When a guy asks for advice the response is markedly different from when a female does
You can tell those that are living completely miserable lives by their responses
And then they think they have the monopoly of abuse and impudence

Nice observation OP
leave those ones. They are heartbroken
You just have to understand that great men don't bring down women, they rarely have time to even discuss women, what happened to political/business and invention talks? grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by kaziblake(f): 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
louismane:
tongue
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by kaziblake(f): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
louismane:
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) / Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? / 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.