Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (69354 Views)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by omotommy84(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dey must be igbo
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
The Igalas and the Igbos don't play with Kolanut ooo....
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by knifer(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
it means prepare to pack out of their son's house.
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by knifer(m): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
knifer:
it means prepare to pack out of their son's house.
oops, OP is a man, then must mean you are a useless fellow not capable of taking care of their daughter hence you should do the needful and bring her back
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Justicealh3(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
noblemails:
make your choice.. all na cola
Tru say.
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by BABANGBALI: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
stingy inlaws
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by lailo: 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
Divorce our daughter and risk d strike of Amadioha
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Acekidc4(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
kallmemrB:
Ur own has finish...those are foods for the gods

Him own don truly Done,hahahahahagringringringrin
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Jman06(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is a subtle way to remind the op that he bleeped up by coming to marry their daughter with only malt and mineral, and no kolanut and palmwine.
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by bluecircle470: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op u b amadioha meaning god of thunder[i][/i]
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Delary: 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
What i can see ar kolas n nothing but kolas. people with their insertiability!
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by onunwa21(m): 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
To remind u dat u re still owing dem
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by comodo: 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bros nothing do you. The kolanut is a sign that u re trully welcomed. Your inlwaw will say prayers over it. The coconut is served in some part of igboland. Some serve garden eggs. some alligator pepper & some Groundnut butter. it all depends. I hope they added Seamans schnapps to it. for wash wash
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Emac34:

4get the Dude hez an ingrate
how?
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by comodo: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
BABANGBALI:
stingy inlaws
They aint stingy. This is d 1st thing tradition demanded. Every other orishirishi comes after this
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by BABANGBALI: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
comodo:
They aint stingy. This is d 1st thing tradition demanded. Every other orishirishi comes after this
na lie jo
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
cruzita:
maybe u resemble Oracle
grin grin

Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Ryda(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
titi4fola:
Colanut, coconut and orogbo. Guess it has meaning!

Bitter cola
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by perloomey(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chai abeg na whic village dey cum from am sure na from otueke ;DChai abeg na whic village dey cum from am sure na from otueke
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Cutehector(m): 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
People sef... Gime leme chew jor..
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by jerrysayo(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
That's called kola, may be they see you as a god that needs to be appeased grin
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by ojuolu(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op, did western culture turn you to this or what? I am Yoruba, less than forty and the 3 items are all positively symbolic in guest entertainment in the African culture. Bitter cola means they want you to last and they value you s their own. Colanut is a welcome food of the important guest across all tribes in Nigeria. It symbolises acceptance and welcome while u breaking and eating it is a mark of peace and free mind. Coconut I'd a special delicacy offered to first or important guest in some tribe in Nigeria. Everything on that plate are marks
of culture and traditions. I remembered when I was posted to Ikwo LG in Ebonyi state during my NYSC days as the CLO, I was taken to the house of the traditional head of a clan with some other corp members for proper introduction. We were offered things such as bitter cola, cola nut, garden eggs and meshed ground nut mixed with pepper and oil before food and finally palm wine and goat meat pepper soup. I took time to asked questions and I got good answers. This was after I have accepted the broken Colanut and bitter cola. Op, if you are confused, u should have started with what you know is allowed in tradition and prayerful take and break Colanut as a mark of peace and acceptance, then ask your spouse for further clarifications.
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
michaelobinna:
What Do My In-laws Mean By Serving Me This? (photo)

I visited my in-laws and was served this, I cant make any sense out of it...

OP, when did you get married to your wife?

I am single and yet i was able to decode the meaning of that dish served to you!

Your inlaws are smart! They just sent a message across to you via that plate!

Take a look at the way it was arranged.....

The Plate signifies your MARRIAGE.

See the beautiful patterns on the plate to show that your marriage is a beautiful thing on the outside but it is the experiences it comes with which is the content and edibles in it and HOW YOU REACT to those contents that matter.

Now here we go......

The Coconut that was arranged in the circle which is sweet to eat signifies the lovely times you will have at the earlier and initial times in the marriage.

Then after that, the Bitter-kola in the inner section signifies bitter and unpleasant experiences you will get to experience after the earlier times in the marriage due to quarrels, misunderstanding, pressure etc. You can see that they are in different varieties meaning that your marital problems will come in different forms but will have one thing in common (The will all be a BITTER EXPERIENCE FOR YOU)

But if you are able to persevere and endure by eating all the bitter Kola RIGHT ROUND without giving up, you will then come back to the Coconut which is in the middle of the plate which signifies sweetness! Eating that last piece in the middle will erase all the traces of the bitter taste of the Kolas and you will never remember you even ate anything bitter in the first place!

That is what it SIGNIFIES! wink

Oya....you must surrender your wife to me as punishment for not decoding this! (Only if she is beautiful o) #JustKidding grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3224230_screenshot20151224172919com_instagram_android1450974622363_jpeg56f257d9b962f2eb34a71ecdfdcaabe5

4 Likes

Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Mbediogu(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
VampireeM:
Lol. Am sure the in-laws are igbos! grin
m

May be not Igbos. We dont celebrate with gworo. The celebrating kola for Igbos must have four lobes representing the deities of our four market days of Eke, Orie, Afor, Nkwo. the kola nuts must be four in number or in multiples of four. If you bring ten they will ask for two more, or return two to you.
'Texas' Igbos may celebrate with anything including wafers. But I dont understand the issue of coconut there.
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by blakky97(m): 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
Omotayor123:
All I see is coconut and kolanut.... Op maybe they are trying to check if you are Nut! cheesy tongue
hahahahaha....... girls still dey arrow?
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by onos217(m): 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op,what I feel is that out of the millions coconuts(ladies) we have out there,you are the chosen one.But I'll still advice you strongly hold on to your God.We live in a world full of mysteries, and most at times you can't tell who is who.
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
All na Nuts.... Maybe they desire a wedding if you are yet to do it..
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by electrokcoi(m): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
chai na oshomole them be wan give am oo na why u come early naa
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by yutsuf(m): 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
i see BITTER-KOLA KOLANUT AND COCONUT.... The choice is now urz, do u see their daughter as the bitter kola... would u endure?
kolanut! less bitter, would u still stay

coconut.... u will enjoy wen shz sweet..
i hope u grab!
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by oreolusegun(m): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
The op is useless...
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by layeenka(m): 12:19am On Dec 26, 2015
kallmemrB:
Ur own has finish...those are foods for the gods
Lmfao!!! this guy na slayer
Re: What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 26, 2015
sayyid:
lol u b oracle or shrine?
may he dey bear name with one oracle for their side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) / First Class Twin Sisters To Marry On The Same Day - Photos / Man Figuring Out How To Carry His Wife Up Like Other Men Did (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.