Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,923 members, 7,973,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram (3352 Views)

Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With / How To Trace The Pattern Of A Stingy Friend / Network Providers Stingy With Data Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Cannonleo(m): 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
HTC holds the enviable record of being the pioneers of the android revolution( the day of G1) I stand corrected.
having been a loyal user of the brand right from the earliest version of G1 android 1.0 nd 1.5 to the present ,its been my best, coupled with its problems forcing me to.introduce myself to the world of android programming eclipse etc.
I understand that most major makers make a lot of mid level phones with limitations and restrictions .
however ; I frankly will confess that HTC refusal to upt the Ram.of most of its mid range and top mid range products is frustrating.
imagine a HTC one v sporting a 347mb ram range or a vivid 768mb etc ..still they sell at cut throat prices .
thanks to mediatek devices are becoming cheaper and Qualcomm has a race on its hands now.

but I ll keep asking
Question 1
why is HTC stingy with ram.
for example I had a HTC one m8 which was stolen from me and had to switch back to desire hd now am using a sensation Z710e nd its still the same tale minus the m8.
currently online sensation ce spots a 768mb ram on all review sites but mine has only 568mb as ram much to my shock and suprise.

question two. I need serious help

I am unable to use apps like lagfix(fstrim) ram manager (creating swap file) to extend the useless ram
note my bootloader is unlocked ,custom recovery is installed and my phone is rooted.though am using stock Rom
need help cos I cant still mount system as read write
wondering if my kernel is stilled locked.

please I.need help
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by EllPrime(m): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
good
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by dominique(f): 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
The more important question is that why are HTC phones so darn expensive?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by LeonMacJames(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
dominique:
their cheapest fone is 25000naira yet with 512mb 5mp camera

1 Like

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Cannonleo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
EllPrime:
good
bros why good ..explain abeg
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by daphid25(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2015
Exactly why they're behind Tecno nd co.
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:
you‘ve probably not heard about sony. Merry xmas ma! Make i come chop chicken?
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2015
daphid25:
Exactly why they're behind Tecno nd co.
lol guy na you mumu pass for this forum

7 Likes

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by dominique(f): 8:33am On Dec 25, 2015
augster:

Lol I don't know much about Sony phones. Me I no be Christian o but I won't mind your Christmas rice n chicken. Merry Christmas smiley

LeonMacJames:

That's the thing with high-end phones, very expensive with phony specs.
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by daphid25(m): 8:46am On Dec 25, 2015
augster:
Na you foolish pass na
Me and you know
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2015
daphid25:

Na you foolish pass na
Me and you know
you displayed your stupidity by comparing htc to tecno...afofungbemu

5 Likes

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:

Lol I don't know much about Sony phones. Me I no be Christian o but I won't mind your Christmas rice n chicken. Merry Christmas smiley

you be muslim?
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by bobo65(m): 9:41am On Dec 25, 2015
daphid25:

Na you foolish pass na
Me and you know

How can u say HTC is behind tecno and u expect no one to Call u a mumu??

4 Likes

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Souljaboi1: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:

That's the thing with high-end phones, very expensive with phony specs.

Are you a Muslim ?

1 Like

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by noble4d(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:
because HTC phones is the best. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by parrotibaba(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
augster:
grin grin grin grin most of these tecno shills are tech noobs. Na like that one of them no know say Xiaomi na phone maker. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by lilmax(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
augster:
oga i use sony,seriously sony no reach htc for price cheesy

Sony dey give you value for the price,but htc phone with 1gb ram go start their price from 55k grin
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by dominique(f): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
augster:
you be muslim?

Souljaboi1:

Are you a Muslim ?

For Me to know n for you to find out tongue
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
LeonMacJames:

That is one thing with brand. If u are in the market for low end or mid range smartphone at a good price, u are better off with Chinese phones than brands like Samsung, HTC or Sony. The cheapest HTC phone in slot is HTC desire 310 for N20,000. What do u get? 4.5 inch vga display, 512mb of ram, android 4.2, 5mp camera with fixed focus, VGA front camera, 4gb of internal storage. If u ask me that is a terrible phone, u can easily get a better Chinese phone for that price with 720p and at least 8mp camera (though I doubt the authenticity of the megapixels of lots of these Chinese phones ). But the point is u get better value for money.

What u get from HTC however is the superb build quality. And u are also paying for brand name.
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by honestmike(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
lol. I used HTC back then. I've been in your shoes. if you can ignore android updates and custom ROMs. you'll will satisfied with few cheaper products. xioami, lenovo, even techno have some appealing devices. you just have to make sure the specs satisfy you, battery, ram, camera, or screen whatever turns you on. I can't risk an HTC phone again. I know a lot of people who sold theirs with 3months. and I know a dew people who are still using their Samsung galaxy s2,s3
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by daphid25(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
bobo65:

How can u say HTC is behind tecno and u expect no one to Call u a mumu??
It is my opinion
I don't give a f**k
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by daphid25(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
augster:
you displayed your stupidity by comparing htc to tecno...afofungbemu
Carry your foolishness and go na
I'm not interested
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Souljaboi1: 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:

I've been following you before you were made a MOD.

Your outlook to issue kinda stand out from the crowd, but this particular fact has evaded me all these months.

I'll return to my enclave, waiting for the day you'll slip.
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Khez: 2:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bro i need that help too since you don use m8 before, menh that shit called fone can hang for Africa o

Pls who do i make it stop hanging?
Cannonleo:
HTC holds the enviable record of being the pioneers of the android revolution( the day of G1) I stand corrected.
having been a loyal user of the brand right from the earliest version of G1 android 1.0 nd 1.5 to the present ,its been my best, coupled with its problems forcing me to.introduce myself to the world of android programming eclipse etc.
I understand that most major makers make a lot of mid level phones with limitations and restrictions .
however ; I frankly will confess that HTC refusal to upt the Ram.of most of its mid range and top mid range products is frustrating.
imagine a HTC one v sporting a 347mb ram range or a vivid 768mb etc ..still they sell at cut throat prices .
thanks to mediatek devices are becoming cheaper and Qualcomm has a race on its hands now.

but I ll keep asking
Question 1
why is HTC stingy with ram.
for example I had a HTC one m8 which was stolen from me and had to switch back to desire hd now am using a sensation Z710e nd its still the same tale minus the m8.
currently online sensation ce spots a 768mb ram on all review sites but mine has only 568mb as ram much to my shock and suprise.

question two. I need serious help

I am unable to use apps like lagfix(fstrim) ram manager (creating swap file) to extend the useless ram
note my bootloader is unlocked ,custom recovery is installed and my phone is rooted.though am using stock Rom
need help cos I cant still mount system as read write
wondering if my kernel is stilled locked.

please I.need help
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
HTC make beautiful phones no doubt, but I just don't understand their pricing especially in Nigeria. HTC one m9 is a nice phone, (though not too different from m8 and I wonder why they decided to use 1080p when other flagships are qhd). Now they released HTC one A9, another beautiful phone but with specs lower than the m9. It runs snapdragon 617 with 2gb of ram for the 16gb version and 3gb of ram for the 32gb version. Still 1080p display and 13mp camera and they also removed the dual boomsound speakers that have been one of their selling points, this phone is inferior to the m9 with 20mp camera, 3gb of ram and 20mp camera. Yet the m9 is 120k on slot while the A9 is 128k. Oh i forgot to add that it has a smaller battery. Wtf HTC? Anyone that buys this phone for 129k is an idiot. Or is the price increase mainly because of the fingerprint scanner?

Also because the m9 doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, they released the m9 plus with fingerprint scanner but then used a mediatek processor instead of the snapdragon found on m9. The m9 plus lags a lot while multitasking and playing games. I think HTC have problems.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
daphid25:

Carry your foolishness and go na
I'm not interested
no need to argue with you...everyone here knows your the foolish one...quote me no more
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
lilmax:
oga i use sony,seriously sony no reach htc for price cheesy

Sony dey give you value for the price,but htc phone with 1gb ram go start their price from 55k grin
sony makes quality phones
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
grin grin grin grin most of these tecno shills are tech noobs. Na like that one of them no know say Xiaomi na phone maker. cheesy
them no sabi anything...as long as them carry tecno for hand, them think say na phone them hold
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by augster(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
dominique:

ok you‘re a traditional worshipper. cheesy
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by daphid25(m): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
augster:
no need to argue with you...everyone here knows your the foolish one...quote me no more
Haha.. E pain am grin
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Cannonleo(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2015
Khez:
Bro i need that help too since you don use m8 before, menh that shit called fone can hang for Africa o

Pls who do i make it stop hanging?
u dey use m8 now
Re: Why Is HTC Stingy With Ram by Cannonleo(m): 8:38am On Dec 26, 2015
honestmike:
lol. I used HTC back then. I've been in your shoes. if you can ignore android updates and custom ROMs. you'll will satisfied with few cheaper products. xioami, lenovo, even techno have some appealing devices. you just have to make sure the specs satisfy you, battery, ram, camera, or screen whatever turns you on. I can't risk an HTC phone again. I know a lot of people who sold theirs with 3months. and I know a dew people who are still using their Samsung galaxy s2,s3
that's the issue since I started using custom roms such as viper roms nd doin ish on htcdev sites and xda . I just became glued to HTC. using zram nd swap files. I have been able to maximize ram on most devices .but this dual core sensation doesn't allow r/w to the system despite unlocking the bootloader. that my annoyance. contemplating flashing a custom Rom but I am more used to cwm recovery that 4ext that viper s roms require. so I want to stick to stock Rom.
if only the phone came with the stated 768mb ram nd not this, I kinda off feel it is a factory defect

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Foldable-screen Huawei Mate X Costs Over N2.84miliion / States In Nigeria With Largest Internet Subscribers As Of March 2022 / The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.