Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget (656 Views)

Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of Anti-hate Speech, Anti-jungle Justice Bills / Saraki Promises To Intervene In Aviation Sector Facility Crisis / Buhari Writes Reps For Passage Of 2016 Budgets Of 38 Government Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by sayyid(m): 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
The President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, assured the executive arm of government and all Nigerians that the two chambers of the National Assembly would ensure speedy passage of the 2016 Budget which President Muhammadu Buhari presented on Tuesday.
Saraki, who joined a delegation of residents of the Federal Capital Territory to pay Christmas homage on Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said this in an interview with State House correspondents.
He promised that the lawmakers would settle down and do justice to the document immediately they resume from their Christmas and New Year break.
Describing the budget as a good document, Saraki however stressed the need for proper implementation of the budget by the Federal Government.
To achieve this, he promised that the National Assembly would be thorough in its oversight functions.
He said, “You know as we said, we are going to work on the budget as quickly as possible. We are conscious of its importance to Nigeria and we are not going to waste time.
“As soon as we come back (from break), we will get down to work and do what we have to do.
“It is a good document, it has addressed the major issues, 70 percent capital and infrastructure. The key issue now is really implementation. We as the National Assembly will ensure that we get our oversight right.
“By and large as a document, it is a good document and I am sure it will not have too much difficulty passing through the National Assembly.
“The key issue is implementation to ensure that the bureaucracy does not kill the joy of the implementation of the budget. We will do our part.”
He also promised that since the National Assembly is not new to the challenges facing the nation, lawmakers would continue to address the problems headlong.
On this year’s Christmas, Saraki said Nigerians needed to thank God for sparing their lives.
“I am hopeful that this time as we celebrate Christmas, we will continue to pray for this country that 2016 with everybody’s cooperation we begin to turn the corner for a greater country,” he concluded.
www.punchng.com/18604-2/
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by mynd44isabastard: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
Okay ooo
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by Bevista: 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
I think the size and composition of the Budget is good and addresses our current realities.

The issues that are more important, though, are:
(1) Proper implementation of the budget by the Executive, especially as it concerns the CAPITAL component.
(2) Effective oversight of MDAs by the National Assembly
(3) Absolute probity to make sure that budgeted funds don't walk through an equivalent of Dasuki-Gate.
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by fhelihx(m): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hope they give a thorough review,so 2016 ll b better for all and sundry!
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by Ratello: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
.......so we still have a Senate President in Bukola Saraki.....I dey laff grin grin angry
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
"Budget implementation" The secret of change.
Budget on security was well reviewed and approved by the senators during GEJ tenure , the implementation was nothing but a jantamanta
If truly there will be change I think transparency and accountability will have a big role to play.
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by FastShipping: 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ratello:
.......so we still have a Senate President in Bukola Saraki.....I dey laff grin grin angry

Saraki is doing everything to please PMB. He needs to show to the gods at Supreme Court that he is a good friend of the president and APC so his case can get crushed and go free.
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by Ratello: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
FastShipping:

Saraki is doing everything to please PMB. He needs to show to the gods at Supreme Court that he is a good friend of the president and APC so his case can get crushed and go free.
Wishful thinking I must say, in politics you don't play smart with your masters in the game.....Saraki has a case to answer at the CCT come February 19, so I don't see him evading that......no way out!
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by Kyase(m): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Saraki my man.
But you fuckup sha
Re: Saraki Promises Speedy Passage Of 2016 Budget by lawydewy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
If you didn't repent! The government will put you for psychological check up..............................

(1) (Reply)

White Writer's Opinion About Yoruba People / PDP To EFCC & FG - Holding Charge Aginst Olisa Metuh Is Completely Illegal / Femi Adeshina: Buhari Loves Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.