Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,172 members, 7,890,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:33 AM

Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee (5333 Views)

Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx / *free Download New Eldee Single "bosi Gbangba" Hot* / Eldee vs Freestyle: Hottest Beef In Nigeria Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by casper(m): 12:49am On Oct 30, 2006
tosinadeda:

Just can't understand u saying Eeldee brought up free because he was the producer of trybes record.thats absolute rubbish.well i don't blame those of u on the other side of the globe because its what Eeldee says u take. But really me am not fooled.Eeldee started the problem of trybes when he went abroad.peeps like 2shotz and free found it difficult to make music.fine if free feels he is the don, i dnt blame him because he is better off without Eeldee.for Eeldee to think he controls trybes,that nonsense.
Abeg make Eeldee hold himself for yankee.make him maintain him champion for there

see you dont knwo the story behind their break up!! it was free that took some part of the money that was meant to be for 3 people then come back and still wanted to share the remainning figures into 3. which eldee thought was wrong so he told them to go their different ways, and he moved on to yankee,

see don't feel i have beef for free or anythiing because he used to stay behind my house when i lived in akoka/ bariga, so what i am still telling you is that he is the best producer that produced many people yet {names which i have listed b4}.

imagine someone like 2shot sang a song and this was the lyrics of one verse:

when EL leave naija to united states
he be like say my life being just close gates
my faith just scatter like lagos state
like say i dey kindergaten with a clean slate, ,,,,,,,,,,,

from those lyrics, you can see how much he has impacted in ppls lifes, and so many others to mention

For me oo, apart from ojb, kennis, ELDEE IS STILL THE PRODUCER THAT CAN SPEAK ENGLISH IN NIGERIA.

@tosinadeda
if you want eldee's album that he WROTE AAND PRODUCED BY HIMSELF send me ur email addy make i send am to you.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by nosa101(f): 1:57am On Oct 30, 2006
casper:

if you want eldee's album that he WROTE AAND PRODUCED BY HIMSELF send me your email addy make i send am to you.
nosa@operamail.com
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by Christino(m): 2:20am On Oct 30, 2006
greatxsi@gmail.com ---> me too, do not pass me by.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by Christino(m): 3:38am On Oct 30, 2006
OMG! Just listened to Freestyle can't freestyle, is Eldee tryna help that kid sell his next album or what? Why on earth did he have to mention his popular name? He should have done it the Papaz way, none other than Dre.

"Nowadays everybody wanna talk
Like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move they lips
Just a buncha gibberish
The motherfokas out there forgot about Dre.

Dat's how papaz respond unless it was planned. BUt eldee's site is tight, freestyle needs to live up to the hype, i expect a whack reply from him.

Ever listened to Campus Queen by Sound Sultan, that was Eldee at work man, tight one.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by Christino(m): 3:40am On Oct 30, 2006
OMG! Just listened to Freestyle can't freestyle, is Eldee tryna help that kid sell his next album or what? Why on earth did he have to mention his popular name? He should have done it the Papaz way, none other than Dre.

"Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothin comes out when they move they lips
Just a buncha gibberish
And muthafuckas act like they forgot about Dre"

Dat's how papaz respond unless it was planned. BUt eldee's site is tight, freestyle needs to live up to the hype, i expect a whack reply from him.

Ever listened to Campus Queen by Sound Sultan, that was Eldee at work man, tight one.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2006
tosinadedamola@yahoo.com
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2006
@casper
dnt get me wrong my pnt is not he is not good,cos its clear 2 every1 that he is good. But my prob with him is that he needs not think that without him there wldnt have been trbesmen.

And am sure if u face the fact,its obvious2 see that 2shotz is beta off now
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by kaydee(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2006
@ Tosinadeda

He can say that again! I mean Eldee.Without him,No trybesmen and that ain't hard to tell. What the f**k is Freestyle doing now,he used to be my fav Nig artist but he is no more.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2006
@tosinadeda,

you don't seem to understand, let me break it down for ya. From the ongoing beef, eldee is not trying to say without him there's no trybesmen. The message he's trying to pass across is that freelast is an ingrate, which he is. Going after your producer is like shooting yourself in the foot. When they were still group members, it was eldee that handled the mixing and production of their albums, and not just for trybesmen, also the trybe. After the split, free went saying he wrote like 80% of the songs, handling most of everything. Now, place yourself in eldee's shoes. As a producer, how would you feel if ur homeboy and ex-crew member goes badmouthing you?

And concerning hits he has produced, dude were u on mars? Where were you in 1999 when he produced "shake body", the hit song that catapulted trybesmen? Or "oya" by the trybes. Or "campus queen", soundtrack to tunde kelani's movie of the same title. Before talking, please do a little more research about eldee.

And please don't use that how-much-is-eldee-paying-you angle. I don't know him personally.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 7:01am On Nov 01, 2006
Thats ur opinion. He made tracks in 1999,so what?
What did those tracks win?
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2006
@tosinadeda,

dude, do you even know what you are saying? My opinions? Those are facts!

Concerning hits, you were the one who brought it up when u asked how many hits eldee has produced and i only replied you.

Then concerning awards won, come here a second let me school you. Do you know how many tight/good producers are out there and haven'p won awards? Because you see the handfuls collecting awards, you're impulsive in writing off the others as just losers. Look @ Timbaland, how many awards has he won, if he has won any at all? Yet he's one of the dopest producers in the game. Do you know who DJ Premier is? He's the one who produced Nas' classic album "illmatic", yet which awards has he won? The alchemist is another dope producer, yet which awards has he won? and another is swizzbeat. Has he won any awards?

The point is that, you don't use awards as a criteria for judging producers. It is in their works they're judged. Awards, most times, are not even given based on a producer or artiste's prowess. It's most times based on politics. A good example is Joe. A very much talented singer, yet @ the grammys he's never received an award. Another is india arie. Nominated 7 times at the 2002 grammys and yet didn't get jack.

Like i once said, do more research.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2006
@tosinadeda,

Concerning hits, you were the one who brought it up when u asked how many hits eldee has produced and i only replied you.

Then concerning awards won, come here a second let me school you. Do you know how many tight/good producers are out there and haven't won awards? Because you see the handfuls collecting awards, you're impulsive in writing off the others as just losers. Look @ Timbaland, how many awards has he won, if he has won any at all? Yet he's one of the dopest producers in the game. Do you know who DJ Premier is? He's the one who produced Nas' classic album "illmatic", yet which awards has he won? The alchemist is another dope producer, yet which awards has he won? and another is swizzbeatz. Has he won any awards?

The point is that, you don't use awards as a criteria for judging producers. It is in their works they're judged. Awards, most times, are not even given based on a producer's or artiste's prowess. It's most times based on politics. A good example is Joe. A very much talented singer, yet @ the grammys he's never received an award. Another is india arie. Nominated 7 times at the 2002/'03 grammys and yet didn't get jack.

Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 10:40am On Nov 01, 2006
@tosinadeda,

Then concerning awards won, come here a second let me school you. Do you know how many tight/good producers are out there and haven't won awards? Because you see the handfuls collecting awards, you're impulsive in writing off the others as just losers. Look @ Timbaland, how many awards has he won, if he has won any at all? Yet he's one of the dopest producers in the game. Do you know who DJ Premier is? He's the one who produced Nas' classic album "illmatic", yet which awards has he won? The alchemist is another dope producer, yet which awards has he won? and another is swizzbeatz. Has he won any awards?

The point is that, you don't use awards as a criteria for judging producers. It is in their works they're judged. Awards, most times, are not even given based on a producer's or artiste's prowess. It's most times based on politics. A good example is Joe. A very much talented singer, yet @ the grammys he's never received an award. Another is india arie. Nominated 7 times at the 2002/'03 grammys and yet didn't get jack.

Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2006
Am not talking about eeldee winning awards,am saying how of the so called hits he produced won awards?

And pls never compare Eeldee 2 timbaland. Thats an INSULT on timbaland
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2006
Am not talking about eeldee winning awards,am saying how of the so called hits he produced won awards?

And pls never compare Eeldee 2 timbaland. Thats an INSULT on timbaland
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 01, 2006
@tosin,

dude, you're misquoting me. I never compared timbaland to eldee, i only used him as an example of dope producers who don't receive awards. Please read my previous post carefully again.

Concerning the award-winning thingy, i'm not aware of any awards the hits he has produced have received, but then like i said earlier, it ain't about the awards. Once again, read my previous post.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2006
Whatever
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by Phenom(m): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2006
eldee is a better producer than freestyle, but freestyle is a better rapper than eldee, in truth, not many nigerians can compare to freestyle in rapping.he balances it all, d punchlines, metaphors, flows,
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by tosinadeda: 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2006
Agree
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2006
@phenom

free may be a good rapper, but all this beef and sh*t discredits him.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by Christino(m): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2006
So far so good:

Freestyle is one of the best rappers in Nigeria, no disputing that fact

but coming toe to toe with the guy who brought you to the public eye is an INSULT.

No matter what, we are where we are cos someone (sent by God) sees the talent in us.

Look at them facially, Eldee looks well fed and boxed up and you needn't be told that he was at least well to do from the onset.

Learn from the westerners, I ain't heard a rapper who disses his soundtrack producers and gets away easily, not even when they collabo like Jagged edge & J.D. and co. (jagged edge aint rappers pls)
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by youngdigi(m): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2006
i have to say i have seen nuthin but stupidity displayed by some of the comments on this ISSUE, i mean how the fukk does an artist's physical state play an important part of what he brings to the mic i just don't understand it, this is something that ruins our country(NIGERIA)./, the fact that u can see someone else and be like ohhh, hes not on my level, thats exactly what fukkks up our country, some stupid pride, that u don't even deserve, if u can't back your own homeland with facts of comfortability, then i see no damn reason why u should be full of pride.

heres what im sayin, eldee and freestyle came to our knowledge through the muscial mainstream, if they got beef, thats between them/././/, they owe it to us, the fans, to deliver what they are known for, nobody gives a fukk who was a producer or who put who in the spotlight, thats their personal issue, if they got beef, they battle it out, thats what they are in the music industry for, my goodness

stop all this ignorant azz stupid talk , about who was well fed and well to do before music, that is something that a family member should worry about, not people concerned about this beef, simple as A B C
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2006
@young_digi:

look, you can always contradict other people's opinions but you don't have to be an idiot about it. U don't have to mudsling another fella just ta put your point across.

About the mic and personal beefy sh*t, son you have a lot to learn. Whether both mcs face off on the mic or not, this beef is way personal than that and in the music industry, there are code of ethics an mc just has to follow. You know i liken an mc to a samurai. The skills to be a samurai are required to defeat an enemy, but then so are their code of ethics (the bushido).
Point is, both are mutual. This is more than just the mic, it's a battle/feud that goes far personal than you think.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2006
@young_digi:

look, you can always contradict other people's opinions but you don't have to be an idiot about it. U don't have to mudsling another fella just ta put your point across.

About the mic and personal beefy sh*t, son you have a lot to learn. Whether both mcs face off on the mic or not, this beef is way personal than that and in the music industry, there are code of ethics an mc just has to follow. You know i liken an mc to a samurai. The skills to be a samurai are required to defeat an enemy, but then so are their code of ethics (the bushido).
Point is, both are mutual. This is more than just the mic, it's a battle/feud that goes far personal than you think.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by youngdigi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2006
gbade. x:

@young_digi:

can it go deeper than BIG and Pac? no
Ja Rule and 50? no

yet the ultimate key for these beefs was lyrical battle, that is what we used to judge who won and who lost, not who shot who or any other personal issues. every beef might have personal issues attached to it, definitely, but the best thing u can do is address those personal issues and use it as an ammo in your diss, now thats what RAPPERS do, mr "i have a lot to learn"

my prob is that most of u on this board are diverging from the fact that the music these guys put out is the most important thing as far as a listener, i just don't see the reason why people should say freestyle should be grateful, and all that he is a skinny guy and eldee has always been eatin before music, this is str8 up STUPID, and it is a nigerian mentality, pride, don't mix that with the basics of hiphop, hiphop is a culture on its own.

and by the way, gbade, what code of ethics are u talkin about who wrote or stated them? africakn bambaata, rakim or u?? i just dont get it, what code of ethics??
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2006
@ young_digi:

aight, i get what you mean. More focus on the music, less focus on the psychical factors. Now get what i mean.

You said what code of ethics are there in hiphop. You forget hiphop is a culture and every culture has norms and traditions, unspoken rules passed down from generations, evolving, that guides the people of this culture.
It is a well known fact you don't go against those that brought you up or those u came up alongside with. It is also well known you don't go against your producer like that. Sh*t just doesn't work that way.

I understand what u're saying because you've a point. But at the same time, 95% of hip-hop beefs are personal, passionate and usually start with close allies/tight friends

A very good example is D12/eminem vs Royce da '59.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2006
@ young_digi:

aight, i get what you mean. More focus on the music, less focus on the psychical factors. Now get what i mean.

You said what code of ethics are there in hiphop. You forget hiphop is a culture and every culture has norms and traditions, unspoken rules passed down from generations, evolving, that guides the people of this culture.
It is a well known fact you don't go against those that brought you up or those u came up alongside with. It is also well known you don't go against your producer like that. Sh*t just doesn't work that way.

I understand what u're saying because you've a point. But at the same time, 95% of hip-hop beefs are personal, passionate and usually start with close allies/tight friends

A very good example is D12/eminem vs Royce da '59.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by youngdigi(m): 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2006
@ gbade,

i must say i dont agree with u on a lot of things, can u give me a good reason why the lox shudnt go at p diddy?

accordin to ur code of ethics, dey shudnt, becos he broguht them up, he was their producer and came up side to side with him, but he did them baad at the same time, same thing can happent to anyone, in this case, eldee and freestyle, u cant really tell what was goin on in the studio, u cant tell if eldee wanted all the credit, even for things that free did, and when shit blows up like this, u expect free to just be quiet and not say anything simply becos eldee was the mastermind behind trybesmen NOPE

so it all balls down to the music at the most , their music is all thats gonna tell, everyone will try to make themselves look good to the public, so fukk all the speculation on who eats well or who is skinny or who is raz or who is a street boy, it is not relevant, diss tracks are relevant, and thats what they both need to do, nobody is a sympathetic emotional believer that shud take sides just becos another person was the made man before the group became who they are

i feel eldee is winning this so far but at the same time, i think hes too much into himself as far as, he made the group, i know over 30 trybesmen fans who blatantly think freestyle made the group, so eldee needs to stop emphasizing on what he did for the group and RAP.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 12:39am On Nov 06, 2006
@young_digi,

aight young 'un, i hear you. More focus on the music and less on outside factors. Though it'd have been good if the naija hiphop scene had documentaries like BEEF. It'd have really given cats an indepth look at how the beef sprew forth.

To cap errthing we said, i think we hip~hop enthusiasts need to look at beefs objectively n from a neutral point of view. Yet, observations on beefs and events surrounding it, should just stop at the mic. True, the mic determines who has more lyrical prowess (though not in all cases, e.g ll cool vs canibus), interviews n indepth studies should be made concerning shyt like this.

Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by thecolonel: 8:12am On Nov 06, 2006
@Deemoney
Broz wetin dey shele, em get one 9ja Bash wey I get for Chi-town this weekend ,
Hope to see y'all there oh!!

Back to the Topic :
Eldee and Free gats to comeback cuz they really owe their fans . Trybesmen is not just like a group.
It's not like a Maintain boyz or Remedies, Plantashun boiz etc. It's Trybes and I believe they shouldn't fade like that.
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by Christino(m): 3:14am On Nov 08, 2006
Okie,

I reserve my words but if that son of a b**ch comes up yarning, dust, i'll have no other choice than to murder him. I have a right to my opinion on a forum, whoever doesnt like it can attack the topic, If he comes after me, i'll give it right back to him if he's worth it, if he's not, i'll step over him like spoilt cheese.

Freestyle is SKINNY and UGLY. Eldee is a fine Boy so I go with him ---->>> Anyone gat a problem with this?
Re: Freestyle Speaks Out About Beef With Eldee by gbadex1(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2006
Lmao @ christino.
Lol, dude take it easy on the young fella. He kinda doesn't understand at times that these beefs are way personal than the mic.

One mo' thing. Please go to the rapper tourney thread and see my suggestion there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warri best freestyler T-West (@twesttboy) has drop a new dope song title "Carry / Pls, Contacts Of Music Producers U Know In Lagos / DOWNLOAD MP3: Lil Tecca & Polo G - When You Down Ft. Lil Durk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.