Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,880 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:52 PM

Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo (710 Views)

IGBO Leaders Should Stop Nnamdi Kanu Now! / White Paper That Indicted Amaechi Of Embezzling N500bn Rivers Fund - ScanNews / Akpabio's Victory: Sahara Reporters Apologizes To The Public Over False Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by neolboy(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has called on Nigerians to stop squandering the nation’s commonwealth and be prepared to make sacrifices in 2016.

Obasanjo, in his Christmas message after a church service on Friday, admitted that the country’s resources had been squandered by its leaders in the past, saying that it was time for everyone to adjust to the reality of the current economic gloom.

According to a report by The Cable, the former President said, “We have had downs in our economy before, we have risen up again. We have made money; we have squandered it. If we are sensible at all, there must be an end to squandering.”

Obasanjo, who noted that the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration had warned Nigerians about the poor economic situation in the country, however, called on the government to do more by leading by example.

He said, “I still believe that there are still areas of government that are not serious enough to make us feel that what is being said is something that would concern all of us. It would be very difficult for the people of this country to see that certain arms of government are living in luxury, while the government is asking the ordinary people to continue to make sacrifice.

“I believe that all arms of governments and the private sector should realise that if we are going to shorten the time of this hardship, if we are going to have any cushioning effects for the ordinary people, then there would have to be sacrifices made by those who have to make more sacrifice.”

The Central Bank of Nigeria’s monetary policy committee had hinted at a period of recession in 2016, while the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation had said there would be a change in the pump price of petrol.

The National Electricity Regulation Commission had also said Nigerians would have to pay more for electricity from February 2016. The president had given an assurance that over time, all these would get better for the good of “ordinary Nigerians.”

source:www.punchng.com/cash-crunch-leaders-should-lead-by-example-says-obasanjo/
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by INTROVERT(f): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2015
ok
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by DEXTROVERT: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2015
The person above is not my family, but I get gist for u, come down make I whisper

Waiting

In other news: when will this Obj return his own loot, kettle calling pot black.
Ndi ara oshi

2 Likes

Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by neolboy(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2015
As if he is Innocent.

1 Like

Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by Swaggzkid: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2015
LOL. CHAI HE HIS MOCKING BUJARI

2 Likes

Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by ramdris(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2015
See who is talking. How come u are now a billionaire when u has just 20k in ur account after detention? I like u kinda but dis ur tan make me angry ..
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2015
Alright
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 26, 2015
[size=20pt]And those that have looted should kindly return them[/size].. No one should be left out
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by pointstores(m): 8:01am On Dec 26, 2015
ok
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by ckmayoca: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2015
This man sha like receiving insult. Babangida sidon jeje, others sidon jeje, him own na to dey do like adviser up and down

1 Like

Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by EternalTruths: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Obasanjo should return back his loot. grin

1 Like

Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by KingsJohnson(m): 8:24am On Dec 26, 2015
When Obasanjo talks about making sacrifices, I asks myself who the hell is dis man...Why is it dat we Nigerians are so shameless, people lyk him should bury their faces in the ground and avoid national issues lyk Ebola, but d reverse is d case in our country.

Dear Obasanjo, no need to turn saint in dis few years, so do not complain about people squandering our national resources because you were once in dat same position and you looted wat belongs to u and ur fellow country men into ur own pocket. I thought by now dat u would have turn to Tom Cruiser or lives in Jupiter with all dat money, yet u are still living in dat same Nation u looted dry. Therefore no need to complain for they are just following your precedent, cus dat d only tin u left behind and we must remember u for dat (King of Looters).

#Nigeriansstandup

1 Like

Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by NextGovernor(m): 8:26am On Dec 26, 2015
One thing about Naija is corrupt people are celebrated and given the privilege to misyarn. OBJ matter don tire me
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by appini: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2015
See who is talking
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by Adeyinka12(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2015
baba iyabo , but you too contributed alot to this looting things
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by criminalmindz: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2015
This goat head still dey talk. ObJ shoul get out and get lost!
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by suxkill: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2015
Chisos!!!

This world is surely coming to an end if really Obj said this.
Re: Leaders Should Stop Embezzling The Wealth Made For The Public- Obasanjo by kingsman66(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2015
OBJ bring urs first

(1) (Reply)

If Given The Opportunity To Say A Word Or Request To Buhari. / RE: Handwritten Statement By Nnamdi Kanu / Boko Haram Militants Raid Village Near Chibok - Saharareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.