Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar (13401 Views)

Aisha Buhari, The Kitchen And The Other Room By Joseph Edgar / Asiwaju Tinubu : The Limits Of Political Influence By Joseph Edgar / Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by mentorken05(m): 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
Smoke2015:
Nigerians, just like when Bill Clinton told the Americans during one of his election campaigns that it was the economy, I am also now telling Nigerians that it is a class war period.

Our sufferings and frustrations are not because we belong to any section of the country or because we are Igbos as the hapless Nnamdi Kanu and his ilk would have us believe it is simply because we remain the grass under the feet of a collection of elephants in a continous struggle for power both political and economic.

Our low level of education and enlightenment continue to put us in positions of servitude to be used and misused by the elites whose membership cut across ethnic lines and are kept together by their collective greed.
The Marxists pushed this position in the 70s and we refused to see it. I have been mulling these thoughts and have decided to expand on it as I now have incontrovertible evidence that our oppressors do not take their decisions based on the integrity or otherwise of the people they claim to represent but are driven by the urge for the primitive and continuos accumulation of power and wealth.

My people, I watched this documentary on Nigeria and it was very clear that the civil war, several coups and economic bastardization that we have faced since we gained independence have been direct consequences of this struggle. Let me illustrate, I have always wondered why Fela the Late genius hated with a passion the Military especially Obasanjo and Yar'dua. The link is very clear, his mother was part of the independence push in the 50s. She attended most of the talks both in UK and in Nigeria. She fought gallantly and even dethroned a sitting Oba in the wake of her powerful incursions into politics. But immediately we gained independence she went into obscurity, cheated out of the fruits of her struggle culminating in her final humiliation by the OBJ junta. This was Felas grouse, how can his mother be so treated by these 'vagabonds' after all she had done for this country.

So what did he do, he fell back on the masses, taking advantage of their illiteracy and a need for release as a result of their massive poverty and suffering to rail against another section of the elitist club with which he was a major member by reason of his bourgeois birth. He wore the pants, smoked the weed all in his bid to show that he belonged to the masses. He succeeded to an extent but in death, his people came for him and took him away from the masses. They rewarded his family with political appointments, immortalization of his family name and all sort. Even today the Lagos state Government has given up although on lease as I hear a major part of our national historical monument - the Lagos Prison for his family to manage and maintain through his eldest daughter who is in a relationship with a talented Architect.

People, please open your eyes to the games of our masters. Another illustration is that of MKO Abiola, the purported winner of the June 12 Elections. He always regaled us with stories of his poverty, his poor upbringing and all. He did all these to curry the support of the masses in his fight against his colleagues as he struggled for power. He was not poor even in his youth, he was educated by Felas father in a school meant for elites and their children. Obasanjo attended the same school, (hope you are seeing the link) sent abroad to study and came back to join the Lagos University Teaching hospital from where he moved to some multi national and still as a very young man bought his first company. As a bonafide member of the elitist club, his colleagues in the military gave him all sorts of contracts making him one of the richest Nigerians of all time. During this time, he made very shallow contributions to the welfare of the masses. Making gratitious donations which were in no way compared to the massive wealth he had amassed through his prostituting with the military membership of the elitist club. All these was to hoodwink us and make us believe that he was a trusted ally.

But all his charade was blown open when he was bluntly told by his colleagues that the Presidency was not 'for sale'. However in his stubbornness he continued, relying on the bridge he had built between himself and the people to deliver the Presidency. This failed him for he underestimated the power of his cabal of wolves, his ambitions were frustrated by the military junta and he jumped to the masses for help like they always do, but we had been thoroughly weakened by his activities and that of his cohorts in the elitist movement and he invariably lost his life.

The linkages are very strong. The same people and their children have been ruling us both politically and economically. They only jump at ethnic and tribal colorations when they loose out in their intra class struggle. Falling back on the poor people to fight for them, claiming to have been cheated because they belong to a certain tribe but conveniently forgetting to state clearly that they were just poor strategist in a club the majority of us will never belong.

Let's look at Ojukwu the leader of the Biafran Secessionist movement. His father was at the time the richest Nigerian. Ojukwu lived a life of privilege and attended the best schools. His education gave him a little advantage over the other members who were firmly divided into three class subdivisions within the elitist movement- the political, economic and military. Ojukwu played in all the spheres and did not understand why he should be subjugated to Gowon who played in only one space and was not as educated. The progrom in the North and the continued massacre of the igbos gave him the firm vehicle and platform to carry out what to me and some scholars was a purely egoistic Crusade which led to the killing of over 2m Nigerians. After the war, what did we hear, 'no victor no vanquished', Ojukwu had run away with his famous Mercedes Benz to live a life of luxury in exile. This kind of camaraderie was a slap on the face of all those who had lost their lives, suffered untold suffering and saw their destinies thwarted but what would you expect after a fight between 'two brothers'?

The competition between the elites led to massive recruitments on all sides. The North carried out their Northernization policy, using the famed Barewa College as a bastion for recruitment into the civil service and the military school in Zaria for recruitment into the military. The west embarked on theirs too sending their scions out to the UK on scholarships mostly to study Law. That is why you hear of people like Fani Kayode being a third generation Cambridge educated lawyer. The Easterners also had theirs with what was then called the Argonauts, this was the Azikiwe led young Igbo Turks who were mostly educated and trained in the U.S steeped in the radicalism of the civil rights movements. Today you will see their children and descendants still holding forte.

People like Bola Tinubu, El Rufai, Buba Marwa, Dasuki, Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote, Keem Bello Osagie, Udo Udoma are all direct descendants and beneficiaries of the bastion of elitist control.

How do these elitists perpetuate themselves in power? Its Simple. Education and in some cases marriage. They have identified very early the importance of education hence the continuos push for their children and chosen ones to get the very best in education and tutelage. They go to the very best schools in the world and get the kind of exposure that common people's children will never get. In the olden days it was through scholarships opened to party members children and wards, today its making sure recruitment into choice jobs was strictly based on the level and quality of education preferably overseas degrees. Tell me how will a Shomolu man's son no matter how brilliant compete?

They have also perfected the art of intra class marriage. They marry themselves ensuring continuity and spreading of bloodlines although firmly within the elitist circle. Any attempt to marry out of this class is rebuffed and frustrated until the usurper packs his bags and runs away.

Clear illustration, look at the Management of Forte Oil and the pedigree of its Chairman you will see what we are saying. From the Group Managing Director to the Chief Financial Officer are children with strong pedigree that can be traced back two generations. They also parade very strong educational qualifications and tremendous exposure. So how will someone who went to Makoko Comprehensive and graduated from our ASUU strike bedeviled institutions compete favorably with these people. So you see, it's a class war my people.

Otedola himself comes from a strong pedigree that could be traced to the Awoist free education and scholarship platforms of the old western region. His father being one of the wealthiest people in the land emerged as the first 'sleeping' Governor of Lagos State and eventually today Femi is one of the wealthiest black men in the world. He is also perpetuating the elitist lineage by sending his own kids to the very best schools in the world, recruiting only the very best that his money can afford from a very shallow pool of labour and effectively limiting the rest of us no matter where we come from Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo or Ibibio to the servitude that remains our fate.

Now that it's rosy, we are not hearing that he is enjoying all of these because he is a Yoruba man o. By the time, he experiences a small hiccup, maybe a little intra class struggle he would fall back on his people and scream for war that these Hausa people want to take his firm because he is Yoruba.

This is where Nnamdi Kanu is getting it all wrong. The igbos are not suffering because they are Igbos, they are suffering because of their position in the societal hierarchy which decides who stays where no matter where you come from. Why do you think the South Eastern Governors will never support his position? it's because it may cause an imbalance of power and a restriction to resources. The Igbo elites will always look at Nnamdi Kanu as an orphan and treat him as such.

People, we are all suffering. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbira, Ijaw. A poor man is a poor man. The same sickness in Onitsha is the same sickness in Kano. Have you seen the poverty in the North? Have you been to Makoko in Lagos? Have you been to the slums of Aba? We are fighting like fools because we do not know who the enemy is.

Biafra will not put food on the tables of the poor disenfranchised Igbo man, Biafra will not give him infrastructure, send his children to school or even give him a voice. The issue can never be Biafra, the issue is elitist suppression and full control of the levers of the economy emasculating the masses throughout Nigeria.

If you doubt me, let us allow Biafra go and you will immediately see the permutation replay itself with the rebirth of these same elitist people creating a new hierarchy and entrenching the same issues that led to the creation of Biafra. Another Ilustration, IBBs rash of new states did not solve the issues but indeed created a new set of minorities still suffering from lack. I was a minority in the old Cross River State and still remain. Minority in the new Akwa Ibom State with my grandfathers house still not joined to the National grid. So what are we talking about.

The solution is education. We must break the walls of illiteracy by liberalizing education. Let's enlighten everybody so that we all can at least see issues in its true form instead of its present coloration along ethnic and tribal lines.

It is a class war and the sooner we realize this the closer we will get to the Uluru.

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2015/12/itss-class-war-stupid.html

Lalasticlala, Dominique, Seun
OP I thank God u re not as short sighted as most pple here who preach hate using tribalism...I keep telling people that our problem in this country is a general one...it has nothing to do with ibos,hausa or yoruba..am happy that our eyes are now opening.
Believe u me the next ministers,govs,senators and even commissioners of our generation are somewhere in the US,UK,Canada etc studying and furthering there education

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
The world isn't against you. All I hear is whining. If you want to make it, hustle, hustle, pray, use the brain God gave you. Another man's socio-economic status shouldn't influence yours in any meaningful way.

As for the secession thing, well, it's obvious we aren't one nation anymore. Just reading the posts of tribalistic bigots on Nairaland will tell you as much. Biafra won't solve all the issues, but I like to think it's a step forward.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by mickey45: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Onyiibazz:
I think Fela was truely with the masses though! I might be wrong anyway

I don't think he said the contrary, what IMO the guy meant was simply that no child you hardly hear a child's crying voice outside unless something's made him uncoftable in the house.
In otherwords, we might not have heard FELA's "human rights" songs in his mother had been granted the status that her "struggles for Nigeria" merits.

And that Ojukwu's "to your tenth o Biafrans" arose not so much out of his complete pitying of his suffering brothers as but as itfrom his personal grouse with being subjugated for a junior officer.

Same way those who bought the anti-subsidy protesters pure water, drinks. Foods and umbrella's back then didn't do so from some love of country but rather because of their fear of what becomes of their "investments" shd the plan follow through.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by theDEVILisHERE: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
romme2u:

u have simply summarise it for those who need summary #these are the set of people i should be trolling with wink#

but both sides can still be referred to as class

"but both sides can still be referred to as class"

No they can't
There is really nothing like class in this aspect

When doing anything in life you have only 2 options
You either do what is right
Or
You do what is not right
(Your options are not: Good/bad, cause Good/bad is a function of sentimental and emotional reasoning which do not paint the true picture of things)

What is not right might not be wrong
But that does not make it right

Also
In life
You either have something
Or you don't

What you don't have
You can do your best to acquire
Acquiring it is not garanteed tho

Bottom line
As a human being you are supposedd to try and always do what is right (common sense devoid of emotional/sentimental reasoning will aiways show you the right thing to do at any point)
And then
Hope for the best (you can't do what's beyond your power to do)

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by giwafiz: 12:52am On Dec 27, 2015
Hmm!!! Education... Big Shout out to the Nigerian Soldier out there... Handz on chest saying "one love"... God Bless Nigeria
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mobsync(m): 1:37am On Dec 27, 2015
dmater:
The use of Nnamdi Kanu to buttress his points is totally out of sync.
And it is in fact no crime if at this time Kanu have chosen to champion the cause of his people.

It is becoming sickening that some people can't seem to complete their writeups without trying to cast stones on Kanu or the right of his people to self-determination.

This's exactly what he's talking about. The earlier you realize that Nnamdi Kanu cares for no one but his pocket, the better.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by dmater: 1:58am On Dec 27, 2015
Mobsync:

This's exactly what he's talking about. The earlier you realize that Nnamdi Kanu cares for no one but his pocket, the better.

You can't 't use your predicament to superimpose on millions of a determined people who have chosen to take their collective destiny in their hands while you have chosen to vehemently misconstrue self-determination as war of class.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by nduchucks: 2:03am On Dec 27, 2015
Regardless of our current condition in this great country, I make bold to say that Capitalism trumps communism any days any time.

A classless society is non existent anywhere in the world. Empowerment through education is the key to success.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by mikolo80: 2:10am On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=Smoke2015 post=41349969]Nigerians, just like when Bill Clinton told the Americans during one of his election campaigns that it was the economy, I am also now telling Nigerians that it is a class war period.

Our sufferings and frustrations are not because we belong to any section of the country or because we are Igbos as the hapless Nnamdi Kanu and his ilk would have us believe it is simply because we remain the grass under the feet of a collection of elephants in a continous struggle for power both political and economic.

Our low level of education and enlightenment continue to put us in positions of servitude to be used and misused by the elites whose membership cut across ethnic lines and are kept together by their collective greed.
The Marxists pushed this position in the 70s and we refused to see it. I have been mulling these thoughts and have decided to expand on it as I now have incontrovertible evidence that our oppressors do not take their decisions based on the integrity or otherwise of the people they claim to represent but are driven by the urge for the primitive and continuos accumulation of power and wealth.

My people, I watched this documentary on Nigeria and it was very clear that the civil war, several coups and economic bastardization that we have faced since we gained independence have been direct consequences of this struggle. Let me illustrate, I have always wondered why Fela the Late genius hated with a passion the Military especially Obasanjo and Yar'dua. The link is very clear, his mother was part of the independence push in the 50s. She attended most of the talks both in UK and in Nigeria. She fought gallantly and even dethroned a sitting Oba in the wake of her powerful incursions into politics. But immediately we gained independence she went into obscurity, cheated out of the fruits of her struggle culminating in her final humiliation by the OBJ junta. This was Felas grouse, how can his mother be so treated by these 'vagabonds' after all she had done for this country.

So what did he do, he fell back on the masses, taking advantage of their illiteracy and a need for release as a result of their massive poverty and suffering to rail against another section of the elitist club with which he was a major member by reason of his bourgeois birth. He wore the pants, smoked the weed all in his bid to show that he belonged to the masses. He succeeded to an extent but in death, his people came for him and took him away from the masses. They rewarded his family with political appointments, immortalization of his family name and all sort. Even today the Lagos state Government has given up although on lease as I hear a major part of our national historical monument - the Lagos Prison for his family to manage and maintain through his eldest daughter who is in a relationship with a talented Architect.

People, please open your eyes to the games of our masters. Another illustration is that of MKO Abiola, the purported winner of the June 12 Elections. He always regaled us with stories of his poverty, his poor upbringing and all. He did all these to curry the support of the masses in his fight against his colleagues as he struggled for power. He was not poor even in his youth, he was educated by Felas father in a school meant for elites and their children. Obasanjo attended the same school, (hope you are seeing the link) sent abroad to study and came back to join the Lagos University Teaching hospital from where he moved to some multi national and still as a very young man bought his first company. As a bonafide member of the elitist club, his colleagues in the military gave him all sorts of contracts making him one of the richest Nigerians of all time. During this time, he made very shallow contributions to the welfare of the masses. Making gratitious donations which were in no way compared to the massive wealth he had amassed through his prostituting with the military membership of the elitist club. All these was to hoodwink us and make us believe that he was a trusted ally.

But all his charade was blown open when he was bluntly told by his colleagues that the Presidency was not 'for sale'. However in his stubbornness he continued, relying on the bridge he had built between himself and the people to deliver the Presidency. This failed him for he underestimated the power of his cabal of wolves, his ambitions were frustrated by the military junta and he jumped to the masses for help like they always do, but we had been thoroughly weakened by his activities and that of his cohorts in the elitist movement and he invariably lost his life.

The linkages are very strong. The same people and their children have been ruling us both politically and economically. They only jump at ethnic and tribal colorations when they loose out in their intra class struggle. Falling back on the poor people to fight for them, claiming to have been cheated because they belong to a certain tribe but conveniently forgetting to state clearly that they were just poor strategist in a club the majority of us will never belong.

Let's look at Ojukwu the leader of the Biafran Secessionist movement. His father was at the time the richest Nigerian. Ojukwu lived a life of privilege and attended the best schools. His education gave him a little advantage over the other members who were firmly divided into three class subdivisions within the elitist movement- the political, economic and military. Ojukwu played in all the spheres and did not understand why he should be subjugated to Gowon who played in only one space and was not as educated. The progrom in the North and the continued massacre of the igbos gave him the firm vehicle and platform to carry out what to me and some scholars was a purely egoistic Crusade which led to the killing of over 2m Nigerians. After the war, what did we hear, 'no victor no vanquished', Ojukwu had run away with his famous Mercedes Benz to live a life of luxury in exile. This kind of camaraderie was a slap on the face of all those who had lost their lives, suffered untold suffering and saw their destinies thwarted but what would you expect after a fight between 'two brothers'?

The competition between the elites led to massive recruitments on all sides. The North carried out their Northernization policy, using the famed Barewa College as a bastion for recruitment into the civil service and the military school in Zaria for recruitment into the military. The west embarked on theirs too sending their scions out to the UK on scholarships mostly to study Law. That is why you hear of people like Fani Kayode being a third generation Cambridge educated lawyer. The Easterners also had theirs with what was then called the Argonauts, this was the Azikiwe led young Igbo Turks who were mostly educated and trained in the U.S steeped in the radicalism of the civil rights movements. Today you will see their children and descendants still holding forte.

People like Bola Tinubu, El Rufai, Buba Marwa, Dasuki, Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote, Keem Bello Osagie, Udo Udoma are all direct descendants and beneficiaries of the bastion of elitist control.

How do these elitists perpetuate themselves in power? Its Simple. Education and in some cases marriage. They have identified very early the importance of education hence the continuos push for their children and chosen ones to get the very best in education and tutelage. They go to the very best schools in the world and get the kind of exposure that common people's children will never get. In the olden days it was through scholarships opened to party members children and wards, today its making sure recruitment into choice jobs was strictly based on the level and quality of education preferably overseas degrees. Tell me how will a Shomolu man's son no matter how brilliant compete?

They have also perfected the art of intra class marriage. They marry themselves ensuring continuity and spreading of bloodlines although firmly within the elitist circle. Any attempt to marry out of this class is rebuffed and frustrated until the usurper packs his bags and runs away.

Clear illustration, look at the Management of Forte Oil and the pedigree of its Chairman you will see what we are saying. From the Group Managing Director to the Chief Financial Officer are children with strong pedigree that can be traced back two generations. They also parade very strong educational qualifications and tremendous exposure. So how will someone who went to Makoko Comprehensive and graduated from our ASUU strike bedeviled institutions compete favorably with these people. So you see, it's a class war my people.

Otedola himself comes from a strong pedigree that could be traced to the Awoist free education and scholarship platforms of the old western region. His father being one of the wealthiest people in the land emerged as the first 'sleeping' Governor of Lagos State and eventually today Femi is one of the wealthiest black men in the world. He is also perpetuating the elitist lineage by sending his own kids to the very best schools in the world, recruiting only the very best that his money can afford from a very shallow pool of labour and effectively limiting the rest of us no matter where we come from Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo or Ibibio to the servitude that remains our fate.

Now that it's rosy, we are not hearing that he is enjoying all of these because he is a Yoruba man o. By the time, he experiences a small hiccup, maybe a little intra class struggle he would fall back on his people and scream for war that these Hausa people want to take his firm because he is Yoruba.

This is where Nnamdi Kanu is getting it all wrong. The igbos are not suffering because they are Igbos, they are suffering because of their position in the societal hierarchy which decides who stays where no matter where you come from. Why do you think the South Eastern Governors will never support his position? it's because it may cause

biafra ppl no wan hear all this grammar.
how do 'we' liberalise education ?
who are these 'we ' exactly?

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Rainmaker69(m): 3:39am On Dec 27, 2015
Dangerous article, fantastic writing.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by stlaibrowne(m): 4:31am On Dec 27, 2015
Smoke2015:
Nigerians, just like when Bill Clinton told the Americans during one of his election campaigns that it was the economy, I am also now telling Nigerians that it is a class war period.

This is where Nnamdi Kanu is getting it all wrong. The igbos are not suffering because they are Igbos, they are suffering because of their position in the societal hierarchy which decides who stays where no matter where you come from. Why do you think the South Eastern Governors will never support his position? it's because it may cause an imbalance of power and a restriction to resources. The Igbo elites will always look at Nnamdi Kanu as an orphan and treat him as such.

People, we are all suffering. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbira, Ijaw. A poor man is a poor man. The same sickness in Onitsha is the same sickness in Kano. Have you seen the poverty in the North? Have you been to Makoko in Lagos? Have you been to the slums of Aba? We are fighting like fools because we do not know who the enemy is.

Biafra will not put food on the tables of the poor disenfranchised Igbo man, Biafra will not give him infrastructure, send his children to school or even give him a voice. The issue can never be Biafra, the issue is elitist suppression and full control of the levers of the economy emasculating the masses throughout Nigeria.

If you doubt me, let us allow Biafra go and you will immediately see the permutation replay itself with the rebirth of these same elitist people creating a new hierarchy and entrenching the same issues that led to the creation of Biafra. Another Ilustration, IBBs rash of new states did not solve the issues but indeed created a new set of minorities still suffering from lack. I was a minority in the old Cross River State and still remain. Minority in the new Akwa Ibom State with my grandfathers house still not joined to the National grid. So what are we talking about.

The solution is education. We must break the walls of illiteracy by liberalizing education. Let's enlighten everybody so that we all can at least see issues in its true form instead of its present coloration along ethnic and tribal lines.

It is a class war and the sooner we realize this the closer we will get to the Uluru.

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2015/12/itss-class-war-stupid.html

There are two tribes in the world the oppressed and the oppressors, in other word the working class and elite bourgeois class. No matter what your color is, no matter what your religion affiliation human across the globe is divided into these two classes. Every class struggle or class war as the op put it is political hence the masses have to take practical political actions to stop this absurd system in which the mass working class create the wealth while few elites/bourgeoisie acquire 90% of the wealth. I agree with the op part of political actions to take is education, as even the educator must be educated, but the kind of education might not necessarily means the Cambridge or Oxford kind. Because in reality few of the working class can manage to afford this, and even having such kind of education won't necessarily make the elite to accept you into the class this is clear today with number of Nigerians studying abroad and still coming back to the country to "business as usual" the kind of education is enlightenment, the kind that explain scientifically the socioeconomic system that ensure the continuos suffering of the working people and poor masses regardless of the tribe, ethnicity or race. The education the enlighten the masses to understand the practical alternative to the system. And also working people from all walks of life and from all tribes and religions should unite and fight consistently for better world for us. Funny enough the elite class with their different political and economic interest, with their constant intra class struggle, and even with their individualism they are united in oppressing the masses. So what do the masses have to loose if we unite, we have nothing to loose other than our chains and we have the world to win. Organize with us at SOCIALIST WORKERS LEAGUE AND SOCIALIST YOUTH LEAGUE, we have branches across the 36 states and in FCT. To organise with us check on socialistworkersleague.org or mail us at: socialistworkersleague@gmail.com or dayorportal@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by erimmy(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2015
Nice writeup by the op.I couldn't agree less. I have always held this opinion especially when discussing issues of national importance with men of like minds in different fora.
Its a typical class struggle among the elites and nothing less,nothing more. Instances abound everywhere in the world and in Nigeria in particular. Nigeria's case or indeed Africa is however, very glaring and in many ways primitive because of the large scale of illiteracy.
I have said it many times that when it is time for our political elites to steal and share our common wealth within their circle,no one will ever hear the shouts of ethnicity from them except of course by those who at that time of the sharing lost out.One can see it from the way dansuki gate is playing out.The Jonathan's administration through the now infamous Dansuki shared our Commonwealth across all the ethnic groups in the country.Even Otueke,his hometown couldn't have a portable drinking water even though its son was President for five years.Why would they drink good water? are they not just fishermen and women in a fishing settlement? He must have told himself and members of his class.
One may be deceived by the new adminstration in town,especially with their chants or would I say enchantment of their CHANGE slogan that they are better than the previous administration.But its all lie.They are one and the same set of people, only that this time around, the table has turned to the next set of elite and looters who actually are not different from their opposite numbers.
In a country where our leaders want the masses to tighten their belt,cut budget and prepare for next year,it will amaze you to discover that the same people that want us to sacrifice for the " betterment" of our nation,would not want anything to affect their allowances.Just this morning,the punch newspaper reported that members of the national Assembly have sternly rejected their budget to be slashed. So, who are we deceiving?
Nigerians,please the way out from this form of deception and slavery is EDUCATION EDUCATION and more EDUCATION.That's why I have made up my mind to train and educate my daughter in the best schools in the world. She is just 4months old and to achieve my aim in this world of unfairness,i have decided to start saving from now till when she graduates and competes favourably with the elitists in her generation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mobsync(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2015
dmater:

You can't 't use your predicament to superimpose on millions of a determined people who have chosen to take their collective destiny in their hands while you have chosen to vehemently misconstrue self-determination as war of class.

English!
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2015
It's refreshing to read an article and sensible comments like these - The reason why we joined nairaland.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by nelronaldo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wonderful piece of writing. That's just the truth
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by romme2u: 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

"but both sides can still be referred to as class"

No they can't
There is really nothing like class in this aspect

When doing anything in life you have only 2 options
You either do what is right
Or
You do what is not right
(Your options are not: Good/bad, cause Good/bad is a function of sentimental and emotional reasoning which do not paint the true picture of things)

What is not right might not be wrong
But that does not make it right

Also
In life
You either have something
Or you don't

What you don't have
You can do your best to acquire
Acquiring it is not garanteed tho

Bottom line
As a human being you are supposedd to try and always do what is right (common sense devoid of emotional/sentimental reasoning will aiways show you the right thing to do at any point)
And then
Hope for the best (you can't do what's beyond your power to do)

thanks for the explanation.

i was looking at class from a different perspective (i.e the rich and the poor) though in reality there are no clearly defined rich people and poor people but everybody is rich or poor relative to someone else #simply comparison things
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by twentyk(m): 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
I am happy i read this piece/article nd i think its one hell of write-up....nd also quite dangerous...qudos to the OP....
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by JOAB2010: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
I think a well-researched and well-written post such as this deserves to be in our newspapers. But that will be possible only if the publishers/owners of the newspapers are neither members of- nor enterprise benefactors from this 'elite' class.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by saintfizzo(m): 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
U obviously can't see beyond ur nose sir.... No offence btw
dmater:
The use of Nnamdi Kanu to buttress his points is totally out of sync.
And it is in fact no crime if at this time Kanu have chosen to champion the cause of his people.

It is becoming sickening that some people can't seem to complete their writeups without trying to cast stones on Kanu or the right of his people to self-determination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Supo Shasore Over P&ID Scam / Jonathan Commissions N235.5b Steel Factory / President Buhari Goes To Prophet TB Joshua For Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.