Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,245 members, 7,967,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 09:40 PM

‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ (15192 Views)

Buhari Dressed In Army Uniform In Zamfara Today / Army/Shiites clash:The untold story-Daily Trust / Soldiers And Shiites Clash In Zaria, Seven Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by demitola(m): 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
I feel d governmnt ws jst tryin to be proactive on diz shiite sect pple. i saw d video too and ws left scared on d source of audacity doz pple have to confront legally armed uniformed military men. they simply had no respkt for constituted authority & i kld see many kids echoing d rebellious voices of their elders.
Now dis is at a very dangerous time when soldiers ar loosin troops to insurgency, d COAS being attacked severaly and so on. They even had cutlasses, stones handy, catapult etc (all in d name of procession). from wot we found out, d military shot in d air to scare & disperse, bt den, dey confronted and d rest is history.Wen u actually want to dare a bullet if it can kill, den u may nt even live to testify.
Finally, me wonder if this kind of group eventually av like 10million followers wid d same floutin mind 4 constitutef authority....... den bokoharam wil jst be a child's play to d terror dey can unleash!!
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by ApenaEde: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pascal181:
Sad but educate ur family members not 2 sopot any evil association/movement going foreward.

Ko ni yeo laye , koni ye o lorun. Amin
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by ElCapone(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
repogirl:
who did they kill to deserve death?
Sister plz answer, and don't be surprised they are linked to boko boys!!!
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Blame Islam! War in disguise.
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by Samandgrace(m): 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
You are right, l wonder why he culd allow all his family member to be part of terrorist group even d so called lecturer too. l sympertise with him but its also a lesson to others.
Pascal181:
Sad but educate ur family members not 2 sopot any evil association/movement going foreward.
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by repogirl(f): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
ElCapone:
Sister plz answer, and don't be surprised they are linked to boko boys!!!
now, I know you know not much about the Shiites...it is well known and has been establisged that Boko haram are Sunni, so what are you saying?
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by ElCapone(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
repogirl:
now, I know you know not much about the Shiites...it is well known and has been establisged that Boko haram are Sunni, so what are you saying?
That's y I asked yhu what shiia is all abt and what some of their tenets are, but yhu cldnt answer me, if yhu wanna knw why some things are happening nw, check the past happenings, and mind yhu don't limit ur research on nigerian shiites alone but broaden ur scope of research then yhu wld understand what I am driving at. Shiite to islam is just like the church of satan to xtianity.
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by repogirl(f): 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
ElCapone:
That's y I asked yhu what shiia is all abt and what some of their tenets are, but yhu cldnt answer me, if yhu wanna knw why some things are happening nw, check the past happenings, and mind yhu don't limit ur research on nigerian shiites alone but broaden ur scope of research then yhu wld understand what I am driving at. Shiite to islam is just like the church of satan to xtianity.
even if they are demons or they devil himself, there's still a thing called basic human rights.... Our rights as human beings is what makes us feel safe...where we have no rights (like slaves) and our rights are not respected, we will live in fear. Fear that since our lives have no value, it can be easily taken away if someone doesnt agree with our way of life. Would you love that sort of society?

There is also something called the law... It should also be respected and used appropriately to convict people who have been found guilty of criminal activity. The law helps for a sane environment...

If you say the Shiites are criminals and are guilty of perpetrating evil, then by all means let them have a fair trial and be dealt with if found guilty. You don't open fire on defenceless citizens.. Children, an eighteen month old baby for crying out loud! Or is the baby also guilty?

The army have no bloody excuse for killing defenceless citizens...none at all!

If we turn our eye to such abuse of peoples right to their lives, it will only be a matter of time when they decide the rest of us are guilty of something they don't agree with, then they will turn their guns on us, after all they are the Judge and Jury and they can decide to end our lives since they are the new law.

2 Likes

Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by ElCapone(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
repogirl:
even if they are demons or they devil himself, there's still a thing called basic human rights.... Our rights as human beings is what makes us feel safe...where we have no rights (like slaves) and our rights are not respected, we will live in fear. Fear that since our lives have no value, it can be easily taken away if someone doesnt agree with our way of life. Would you love that sort of society?

There is also something called the law... It should also be respected and used appropriately to convict people who have been found guilty of criminal activity. The law helps for a sane environment...

If you say the Shiites are criminals and are guilty of perpetrating evil, then by all means let them have a fair trial and be dealt with if found guilty. You don't open fire on defenceless citizens.. Children, an eighteen month old baby for crying out loud! Or is the baby also guilty?

The army have no bloody excuse for killing defenceless citizens...none at all!

If we turn our eye to such abuse of peoples right to their lives, it will only be a matter of time when they decide the rest of us are guilty of something they don't agree with, then they will turn their guns on us, after all they are the Judge and Jury and they can decide to end our lives since they are the new law.
Look here sis, I believe in da just like urself, but yhu know 1 things, this perpetrators of evil know and respect know nothing like law, if this suicide bombers we have know what law is all abt I dounbt they wld be blowing us up. Am not holding brief here for the military but mind yhu some times the law wld be kept aside in order to deal with extreme cases, we may nt know the backlash if our own COAS had turned back as suggested by some of yhu, the COAS is da symbol of our strength as a nation, what wld have happened if they the shiites had simply opened the way for the COAS. Yhu know what americans do with suspected terrorists, they send them to the worst prison on earth aka guantanamo bay. I guess a few lives would have to sacrificed for our general safety. May the souls of the departed rest in peace!!!
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by repogirl(f): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
ElCapone:
Look here sis, I believe in da just like urself, but yhu know 1 things, this perpetrators of evil know and respect know nothing like law, if this suicide bombers we have know what law is all abt I dounbt they wld be blowing us up. Am not holding brief here for the military but mind yhu some times the law wld be kept aside in order to deal with extreme cases, we may nt know the backlash if our own COAS had turned back as suggested by some of yhu, the COAS is da symbol of our strength as a nation, what wld have happened if they the shiites had simply opened the way for the COAS. Yhu know what americans do with suspected terrorists, they send them to the worst prison on earth aka guantanamo bay. I guess a few lives would have to sacrificed for our general safety. May the souls of the departed rest in peace!!!
the souls should rest in peace? Souls that could have achieved so much while here on earth?

I am sorry to say but you sound illiterate, the baby killed was a terrorist, right? You call terrorist as if America just takes anybody to Guantanamo without thorough investigation. If it were the Nigerian Army, they would have killed the suspected terrorist already without bothering with arrest or investigations.

You are even making my point for me. Like America does, the Nigerian soldiers should have made arrests since then people were unruly and might have broken some laws. That is the LAW and not comeback a few hours later in the night to kill children and innocent people.

BTW, you claim the Shiites are terrorists, how? Who have they killed? Boko haram , the real terrorists are sunni, so I don't know what your understanding of terrorism is. Are they terrorists because they are like church of Satan?

Even if they are terrorists like you said, why didn't the Nigerian Army simply arrest them like America does and let the law determine their fate, instead of shooting and randomly killing people? That is where the problem lies!

1 Like

Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by juman(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
You see!
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by ElCapone(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
repogirl:
the souls should rest in peace? Souls that could have achieved so much while here on earth?

I am sorry to say but you sound illiterate, the baby killed was a terrorist, right? You call terrorist as if America just takes anybody to Guantanamo without thorough investigation. If it were the Nigerian Army, they would have killed the suspected terrorist already without bothering with arrest or investigations.

You are even making my point for me. Like America does, the Nigerian soldiers should have made arrests since then people were unruly and might have broken some laws. That is the LAW and not comeback a few hours later in the night to kill children and innocent people.

BTW, you claim the Shiites are terrorists, how? Who have they killed? Boko haram , the real terrorists are sunni, so I don't know what your understanding of terrorism is. Are they terrorists because they are like church of Satan?

Even if they are terrorists like you said, why didn't the Nigerian Army simply arrest them like America does and let the law determine their fate, instead of shooting and randomly killing people? That is where the problem lies!
Yhu sound childish by calling my own way of putting points across as been illiterate in nature, I don't throw insults at ppl no matter how slite. No need continuing this with yhu.
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by repogirl(f): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
ElCapone:
Yhu sound childish by calling my own way of putting points across as been illiterate in nature, I don't throw insults at ppl no matter how slite. No need continuing this with yhu.
lol, I tell you you sound illiterate and you tell me I sound childish because you feel you need to say something back.

Well, its the invalidity of your points that made me say so, sorry if you are offended but its the obvious truth. You say they are terrorists (even though their only offence is blocking the road and being unruly, didn't know that was the new terrorism) and should be killed and you also say America arrests terrorists and puts them in jail... What point are you passing across please? Because it seems you are confusing yourself.
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by ElCapone(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
repogirl:
lol, I tell you you sound illiterate and you tell me I sound childish because you feel you need to say something back.

Well, its the invalidity of your points that made me say so, sorry if you are offended but its the obvious truth. You say they are terrorists (even though their only offence is blocking the road and being unruly, didn't know that was the new terrorism) and should be killed and you also say America arrests terrorists and puts them in jail... What point are you passing across please? Because it seems you are confusing yourself.
I guess yhu didn't notice where I said suspected, yhu unaware that some of those same suspected terrorists end up spending 4 to 5 yrs only to be released as not guilty. Yhu really don't know what gitzmo is right. I am not confused in any way just the way u feel u have a right to ur own opinion so do I. As for ur apologies, it nt sincere in any way and I never demanded any. Just learn to be civil when having an intellectual discuss with ppl dats all am pointing our here. Points win arguments not insults, cos only kids who can't argue without bringing in emotions haul insults at ppl. I rest my case here!!!
Re: ‘How I Lost 5 Family Members In Army/Shiites Clash’ by repogirl(f): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
ElCapone:
I guess yhu didn't notice where I said suspected, yhu unaware that some of those same suspected terrorists end up spending 4 to 5 yrs only to be released as not guilty. Yhu really don't know what gitzmo is right. I am not confused in any way just the way u feel u have a right to ur own opinion so do I. As for ur apologies, it nt sincere in any way and I never demanded any. Just learn to be civil when having an intellectual discuss with ppl dats all am pointing our here. Points win arguments not insults, cos only kids who can't argue without bringing in emotions haul insults at ppl. I rest my case here!!!
you can rest your case but one last thing I will say.... As bad as gitzmo might be , I am sure it is better than even the best prison in Nigeria.

Also gitzmo is far better than killing people off as if their lives are meaningless, killing them off without following due process.

I rest my own case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

McDonald Obasuke Disrupts Obaseki's Campaign With Thugs (photos / Abacha Loot: Adeosun Blocks $16.9m Payment To Malami’s Lawyers / With Tanko Almakura As Chairman, APC Sure Of Retaining Power In 2023 - Shola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.