Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:02 AM

Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour (1280 Views)

Live Display Of Animals At Okoko Market For Business / CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA / Naira Gains On Parallel Market For Four Consecutive Days, Now N480/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
I have been considering investing into mechanized and semi automated process of producing plantain flour (elubo ogede).

The downsides I see is 1, Market. How do I market my end product. Where do I take it to?

2. Plantain flour seem to be more expensive than whole wheat, yam flour and co because of high cost of getting the raw material plantain. Will people buy N500 plantain flour when the same quantity of other flour foods is less than N300?

The advantage here is the hygiene. Unlike plantain flour sun dried that brings out dark end product, this will be mechanized, dried with an enlosed dryer and well packaged. The output is golden color.

Please I need advice on marketing strategies.

Thanks
Re: Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour by wazobian(m): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2015
I love this post!
Re: Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour by Councelor(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2015
Its quite simple. Am thinking of going into it myself 2016. There is market for it. People are begining to like it more cause of its nutritional value. U can buzz me up cos am much interested myself. Good luck
Re: Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
@counselor. Interested in the product or in the setup process?

Will the marketing be the type done by hawking the product from office to office and house to house?

I wonder if there is a marketing firm that can take the products and distribute to established stores...
Re: Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
PietraK:
@counselor. Interested in the product or in the setup process?

Will the marketing be the type done by hawking the product from office to office and house to house?

I wonder if there is a marketing firm that can take the products and distribute to established stores...

You don't need a marketing firm. The 1st question to ask yourself is, "who are the consumers of plantain flour"? It is generally said that the consumers are rich (well to do) people. Depending on your location, take your packaged product to any big supermarket (preferably in malls) and have a deal with them. My friend in akure bottles palm oil in branded rubber bottles...he made a deal with bug supermarkets there and regularly supplies them.

You just need to be positive and all will be fine.
Re: Is There Ready Market For Hygienic Plantain Flour by Iyemik: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
PietraK:
I have been considering investing into mechanized and semi automated process of producing plantain flour (elubo ogede).

The downsides I see is 1, Market. How do I market my end product. Where do I take it to?

2. Plantain flour seem to be more expensive than whole wheat, yam flour and co because of high cost of getting the raw material plantain. Will people buy N500 plantain flour when the same quantity of other flour foods is less than N300?

The advantage here is the hygiene. Unlike plantain flour sun dried that brings out dark end product, this will be mechanized, dried with an enlosed dryer and well packaged. The output is golden color.

Please I need advice on marketing strategies.

Thanks

How does enlosed dryer work with plantain processing?

(1) (Reply)

Coop Mgr Cooperative Society Software. / South African Firm Halts $6.4m Investment In Nigeria / Please Help With Clickbank Account In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.