Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,263 members, 7,947,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:02 PM

Top 10 Albums Of 2015 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Albums Of 2015 (1137 Views)

Seven Most Anticipated Albums Of 2017 / The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Albums Of 2015 by 360metrosports: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
First off, there is no official bar to actually measure any album in Nigeria with. Artistes can brag about selling records and performing at events, but how do we know for a truth those shows were paid for and those albums really were sold

So here is my list for the TOP 10 ALBUMS FOR THE YEAR 2015.

10) RUNTOWN – GHETTO UNIVERSITY

He definitely had an explosive 2014, that’s for sure. That made me think that his album would be out of gas and merely a 2 hit album (Gallardo and The Banger) but I must say those two aren’t even my favorite on the album. Good Production is everything and this album has just that, so it sneaks in.

Fav Track: Tuwo Shinkafa (Remix) / Lagos 2 Kampala – (Tie)

9) SKALES – MAN OF THE YEAR

Skales was arguably the comeback artise of the year 2015. Riding on he super wave that was ShakeBody, to churning out semi-hits in Always, I am for real, Skales – the artiste that was seen as a joke, showed everyone what only the few that believed in him saw and gave us one of the best albums (in the first half) of the year.

The synergy between Jay Pizzle and Skales was always there for all to see with Shakebody, but the general work on his debut album must also be applauded.

Fav Track: Wonder ft. Reekado Banks

cool OLAMIDE – EYAN MAYWEATHER

BADDO SNEH!!!! This album list wouldn’t be complete without Olamide. Of course we all expected his album, seeing as he has a habit of dropping one every year, the day I saw his tweet where he said he really wanted Kesh’s album out this year instead of his, I knew the streak was not going to end.

First of all, PHEELZ IS EVERYTHING.

Starting off with an intro that had the right energy and arrogance only an Olamide had the right to exude, the “If You Lie I Go Tell” sub got to me on that track. Moving on, Olamide flowed well on the album, The Zero Feature thing actually worked well as Olamide dug deep into his craft and diversified. I initially thought hearing only Olamide’s voice on an album will be boring and loud, Thankfully I was wrong.

Fav Track – Toriomo (because he did it for his child)

7) BURNA BOY – OAS

Osagie Alonge was on the Intro. That alone made me gingered for Burna’s reply.

Burna Boy’s sound on this was definitely different. Although there was a Leriq shaped hole on the album, the maturity in his music was there for all to see. On A Spaceship is an album that has everything you need from a Burna Boy album.

Fav Track – The Realest

6) CHOCOLATE CITY – TICBN

THE INDESTRUCTIBLE CHOC BOY NATION – Wow…

This is an album that has been slept on by a lot of people. This 15-track compilation came out greater than I expected, seeing as Chocolate City now has more artistes than songs they are releasing.

There is something for everyone In TICBN, the only qualms I have with it was how it was marketed.

(So I heard some guys got exclusive rights on the album for a while – that got a lot of people uninterested in whatever Choc city had to sell – but that’s just hearsay anyways).

I hope they made money off it anyways, cause it was really good.

Fav Track – SummerTime

5) THE COLLECTIV3 LP

This had the best body of work of any Nigerian album (until Falz later) this year. SDC are one of my favorite rappers on the continent, adding IKON, POE, KID KONNECT, FUNBI, TEMI DOLLFACE even made this project better. Forget about commercial appeal for a minute and this is the best you’d get from a Nigerian Album.

Words can’t do this album justice.. If you haven’t listened to this project, I really hope you do soon.

Fav Track – Forbidden Fruit

4) REMINISCE – BABA HAFUSA

Alaga!!!! This was the hiphop album I was anticipating the most and I wasn’t disappointed. Maybe I expected more, but it wasn’t a let down (unlike Wande Coal’s).

Baba Hafusa has street songs, some FUJI, some love songs, some really X-Rated songs and basically everything you expect from Reminisce.

Listened to Baba Hafusa got me shouting ‘Ibile’ at random things. Reminisce did that to me for around a month.

Fav Track - Tesojue

3) LERIQ – THE LOST SOUNDS

I’d just quote Pulse’s – Joey Akan

‘A 20-track journey through a maze of experimental instrumentation and new music is a good way to retool your musical senses, and appreciate the beauty of sounds. The potential for good music and creative originality is existent in our industry, and LeriQ captures it perfectly.’

Fav Track – Say You Love Me ft. Wizkid

2) DAREY – NAKED

Shoutout to Oscar, Vtek and Cobhams for giving us the best-produced album of 2015. Music is an art; lots of people do not get that, but MUSIC IS AN ART. Darey captured this art and gave it to us NAKED.’

Darey’s music has really matured and if you haven’t listened to the album 9if there are any of you out there), you guys are really sleeping on a bicycle.

Darey was no hold barred on this album, making an album that can stand the test of time.

1) FALZ – STORIES THAT TOUCH

Wassup Guy was very good, better than most people give it credit for, but that was understandable. You have the son of a very popular Nigerian attorney who is dropping an album (not in English or Yoruba but) in Yoru-English. Of course the acceptability was going to be limited. Not to be dettered, Falz came back stronger than anyone could imagine with ‘Stories That Touch’.

Falz as a rapper is a conundrum. On one hand there’s a Barrister (that has actually been Called to the bar) and there’s a comic character that does skits and videos for social media and then there is the musician. How does one take someone like this serious

Falz milked all aspects of his life characters and got the maximum exposure he needed.

People tend to think Falz isn’t a talented rapper, but he is actually among the top 3 lyricists we have in Nigeria right about now. (Asides maybe Boogey, SDC) Falz is the best story teller we have in the Nigerian Rap Industry.

Falz took Nigerian rappers to school with this album and made them know there’s more to Falz than he lets people see on Instagram.

Quoting Falz – “””MAMA LOOK AT HOW WE MADE IT””””

Fav Track: Soft Work/Soldier (Tie)

HON MENTIONS:

SEYI OR SHAY

WANTED

POWERFUL

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/top-10-albums-of-2015.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Albums Of 2015 by ShakurM(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Falz is busting my earhole cool

Am on Holiday day,am in Argentina
Am in S.A am with Sarafina
She say she wan try that she get the liver
But I go do her body work like a panel bitter
They see the high cglass, they feel the swagger
Am ogbologbo, am ajigijaga
Hire killer I no be armed robber
These niggaz so soft like Yemi my lover
Flow serious so indigenous
Steady killing It till I go and see Jesus
Am still committing murder, am about to kill another
Officer can you arrest a barrister lawyer?
They want to hire me but dey can’t afford a nigga
She say she wan to travel i should help her got the visa
Emi odanran moti mope she is a karishika
Bad guy don’t touch I got to weave her

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Albums Of 2015 by Middlefinger1: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
op remove skales from the list.
Re: Top 10 Albums Of 2015 by Lattop(m): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
Abeg who b Skaler
Davido will fit in perfectly
Re: Top 10 Albums Of 2015 by officialteemi(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
pls link to download DAREY album ?

(1) (Reply)

Mixtape : Dj James – Lil Kesh & Friends Mix / Pics: Mavin Singer Tiwa Savage Steps Out In Style In Jamaica / Music: Em Prince Feat Oritse Femi - Scream My Name (prod By Jay Pizzle)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.