Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:58 PM

Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions (564 Views)

FG Donates Made-in-nigeria Drugs To Cameroon's Train Accident Victims (photos) / Who Knows This Helpless Accident Victim At Maitama Clinic,Abuja?(photos) / Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions by spicyuzo(m): 12:47am On Dec 27, 2015
Good Evening fellow Nairalanders....

I read a topic on Fp "My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today" and I was moved to tears...

https://www.nairaland.com/2824995/bitter-experience-doctor-today

For any reason whatsoever it could have been me, or a member of my family or even a loved one.
Truth be told, the scenario that played out isn't the first of its kind in our dear country, neither would it be the last. As unpleasant as it sounds, cases like this are reported in various hospitals across the nation frequently.

Reading through the post and replies on that thread, people busied themselves with accusations and counter-accusations, blames and sentiments of various kinds.
It is undeniable that we are all victims of the various ills and misfortunes associated with living in Nigeria, however it behooves on us as citizens instead of throwing blames, mudslinging and counting our woes, we should profer possible solutions to these problems....

On this ground, I propose the following suggestions to curb the issue of response by medics to victims of road accidents....

1. The FRSC should have an special intervention fund with which they can make necessary payments required to commence treatment for accident victims pending when family members of such victims show up.

Implications: a. This ensures that the FRSC is notified duly in case of a road mishap, and they can in turn convey this victims to hospitals, the medical team can commence immediate treatment knowing that it is on the account of the FRSC.

b. The burden and physiological trauma caused by such cases on the medical staff is alleviated, as in the case of the doctor that had to helplessly watch a victim die cos his hands were tied by protocol.

c. The FRSC as a paramilitary outfit can duly ensure that the funds are duly recovered from the family members when they identify rhe victim, a job that can not be done by the medical staff.

2. A group of philanthropists may opt to raise funds for such purposes as stated above and employ officials to disburse funds for such situations and also monitor the recovery of such patients, if possible create rapport with the police to ensure recovery of such funds from the families of the victims.

This will be an employment avenue, as such officials will ensure that accident victims are conveyed to hospitals and a certain amount of the bill is deposited to ensure that treatment commences.

As vague or abstract as my ideas may seem, I strongly believe that this can be a pointer to a better developed framework to help curtail the menace of death of accident victims as a result of pecuniary inadequacies.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Cc Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions by Applaner: 12:50am On Dec 27, 2015
j
Re: Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 27, 2015
What can mouth say when the head is cut off. Well said! You have said it all. May God bless and save us.
Re: Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions by Nurry: 1:56am On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Saving Helpless Accident Victims.........our Contributions by spicyuzo(m): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2015
iamfroshsylver:
What can mouth say when the head is cut off. Well said! You have said it all. May God bless and save us.

I sincerely wish that we all can contribute by trying to curb this menace through meaningful suggestions, instead of throwing jabs at ourselves and the govt.

(1) (Reply)

Features And Photo Of Mosquitoes That Causes Zika Virus / Diabetes Educator In Lagos / E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.