Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,881,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment (4272 Views)

List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges / PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / PDP Compiling List Of APC Governors, Candidates Facing Corruption Charges –metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

You are funny.

You claim oil prices can't be predicted so on what basis is the $38 bench mark drawn from? Don't tell me they just guessed as well?

Have you forgotten Shale and US exports? The US will be exporting and not importing from you anymore. Saudi will keep pumping to hurt Iran's economy the same way the US wants to destroy the Russian economy by entering the energy export market.

Try and put the puzzle pieces together and see the picture.

Yes the $38 is a guess. Just as the so called IMF prediction of $20 is a guess.

The fact that US legislature have remove the ban of US export does not mean US wont import anymore.

US currently produce about 10million barrel of oil a day (Including shale oil. Shale oil about 3million barrel, conventional oil about 7million barrel). This is expected to decline to about 9.5million by end of 2016.

US oil consumption is about 19.5million barrel per day. Thus US is still importing about 9.5million barrel of crude per day.

The lifting of ban only means, US oil producers are no longer limited to US buyers. Which means they can choose to sell their oil to other government apart from US govt. What that have done so far is to allow US producer to sell their crude at competitive price.

before now WTI was cheaper then Brent crude despite the fact that WTI is slightly sweeter than Brent. With the remover of the ban, WTI is now selling slightly higher than brent.

however I know that this may put pressure on Nigeria on our ability to find buyer for our crude. but it is not so bad as it sems. because even b4 the ban, US have stop buying our oil since end of 2014. they only buy very little from Nigeria.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2015
obailala:
Sorry Buhari will not do that. Do you know why?... It's because he is not as foolish as you want and pray for him to be. Just like the Op has said, the war against corruption must be pragmatically prosecuted.

@Tuale4u
This is a brilliant and well articulated write-up. I particularly agree with point No. 10,
The main reason all these lovers of thieves are suggesting Buhari should start from 1960 is because they simply want his administration to fail woefully. Even just the Dasuki case is taking so much time and resources, yet these lovers of thieves want cases from 1960 to be handled. They aren't even a bit smart in concealing their real intentions.

You want a selective war.

That is a corruption of Justice on its own and makes the administration dangerously politicising crime thereby giving immunity to his APC cohorts.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

That is a corruption of Justice on its own and makes the administration dangerously politicising crime thereby giving immunity to his APC cohorts.

Not exactly. maybe a kind of delayed justice to past crime. but I don't think Buhari will toleratemassive looting under his govt. that in itself is progress.

However should Buhari tolerate massive fraud under his govt, the BUhari govt will be a failure.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

Yes the $38 is a guess. Just as the so called IMF prediction of $20 is a guess.

The fact that US legislature have remove the ban of US export does not mean US wont import anymore.

US currently produce about 10million barrel of oil a day (Including shale oil. Shale oil about 3million barrel, conventional oil about 7million barrel). This is expected to decline to about 9.5million by end of 2016.

US oil consumption is about 19.5million barrel per day. Thus US is still importing about 9.5million barrel of crude per day.

The lifting of barn only means, US oil producers are no longer limited to US buyers. Which means they can choose to sell their oil to other government apart from US govt. Was that have done so far is to allow US producer to sell their crude at competitive price.

before now WTI was cheaper then Brent crude despite the fact that WTI is slightly sweeter than Brent. With the remover of the ban, WTI is now selling slightly higher than brent.

The only reason for the high benchmark inspite of daily slump in prices is because this Govt intends to add another supplementary budget which will see the 2016 budget rise to 9 trillion before the end of 2016 and our debt portfolio increase.

The APC was propped up by the West to force Nigeria to remain with the dollar. What better way to achieve that by ensuring we borrow and remain in bond to the dollar for the next 40yrs.

In a recession you don't borrow but reduce cost.

You don't have the ability of printing dollars like the US so don't use that $18 trillion dollars US debt profile as an excuse because you can't print dollars like the US so stimulus won't work in an import based economy seeing it's lowest decline in local currency value in the midst of dwindling forex occasioned from an oil slump.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

Not exactly. maybe a kind of delayed justice to past crime. but I don't think Buhari will toleratemassive looting under his govt. that in itself is progress.

However should Buhari tolerate massive fraud under his govt, the BUhari govt will be a failure.

The Change budget is a budget of debt. All the monies borrowed will end up in their pockets just a how Aregberascal has indebted Osun with nothing to show for it.

Have you asked what Buhari ha done with the 2015 budget?

All of the ongoing FG projects he inherited have been abandoned. Can you mention one project the Buhari govt has rolled out on their own? The answer is none.

What did he take a 2 trillion naira supplementary loan in late November to do?

This Govt is a scam
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by obailala(m): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

A pragmatic approach entails going from the little fish and working up your way to the bigger fishes. It's a pity if you do not still understand what the Op has explained. Happy sunday!
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:03am On Dec 27, 2015
obailala:
A pragmatic approach entails going from the little fish and working up your way to the bigger fishes. It's a pity if you do not still understand what the Op has explained. Happy sunday!

So you will rather live the shark in the pool and go for the gold fish?
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2015
obailala:

very true
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

The Change budget is a budget of debt. All the monies borrowed will end up in their pockets just a how Aregberascal has indebted Osun with nothing to show for it.

Have you asked what Buhari ha done with the 2015 budget?

All of the ongoing FG projects he inherited have been abandoned. Can you mention one project the Buhari govt has rolled out on their own? The answer is none.

What did he take a 2 trillion naira supplementary loan in late November to do?

This Govt is a scam

Bro, you have left the original topic of this post to another issue.
Can I take the fact that you choose to deviate from the originally post as "Op I concur" in timaya voice smiley smiley
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

Bro, you have left the original topic of this post to another issue.
Can I take the fact that you choose to deviate from the originally post as "Op I concur" in timaya voice smiley smiley

Where you not the first to discuss the scam budget here?
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Where you not the first to discuss the scam budget here?

I only mentioned the budget when you deviated to conservatism vs progressive.

However, I concur I mention budget first.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

very true

If you want to clear your house of dirt., will you keep your own trash and only throw that of your spouse out?

Think. Since 1999, no single opposition politician has been jailed rather PDP govt has been convicting their own and avoiding the opposition which kept claiming political motivated persecution in advance.

Can Buhari deny ignorance about the allegations of corruption and theft against Fashola, Fayemi and Amaechi?

How can you run an anti corruption govt with corrupt individuals?
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

If you want to clear your house of dirt., will you keep your own trash and only throw that of your spouse out?

Think. Since 1999, no single opposition politician has been jailed rather PDP govt has been convicting their own and avoiding the opposition which kept claiming political motivated persecution in advance.

Can Buhari deny ignorance about the allegations of corruption and theft against Fashola, Fayemi and Amaechi?

How can you run an anti corruption govt with corrupt individuals?

The journey of a 100 miles start with a step. everything can not be done in one day.
all corrupt politicians cannot be jailed or prosecuted in one day.
They failed to start in the past does not mean we should fail to start today.

at all at all na e bad pass
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

I only mentioned the budget when you deviated to conservatism vs progressive.

However, I concur I mention budget first.

I reminded you that the current govt and APC can not be described as progressive in any form or manner.

Follow the narrative again and you will see that I was only responding to your own derailing since you have no clue on how to defend selective justice you went on a bend preaching crap and throwing cheap rhetoric allover the place that did not in any way concern the topic at hand.

So you see how hypocritical you are for falsely claiming I was deviating when it was you who was derailing your own silly thread which you can't even defend.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

I reminded you that the current govt and APC can not be described as progressive in any form or manner.

Follow the narrative again and you will see that I was only responding to your own derailing since you have no clue on how to defend selective justice you went on a bend preaching crap and throwing cheap rhetoric allover the place that did not in any way concern the topic at hand.

So you see how hypocritical you are for falsely claiming I was deviating when it was you who was derailing your own silly thread which you can't even defend.

I am only saying your concept of Justice is not possible. it only aid corruption in this instance. because what you are asking for even though is ideal, it is not practical and wise at the moment.

If like saying because you cannot jail all arm robbers in a country that there is no need for the police.

As at this moment, the most important thing is to ensure that ecerybody that is prosecuted are not innocent.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

The journey of a 100 miles start with a step. everything can not be done in one day.
all corrupt politicians cannot be jailed or prosecuted in one day.
They failed to start in the past does not mean we should fail to start today.

at all at all na e bad pass

You can not neglect your house and take your broom to the street.
.charity begins at home.

If the APC and Buhari want to fight corruption they must first purge themselves of corrupt individuals.

According to you only opposition politicians need to be persecuted for now.

Does that make sense to you?
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

I am only saying your concept of Justice is not possible. it only aid corruption.

If like saying because you cannot jail all arm robbers in a country that there is no need for the police.

As at this moment, the most important thing is to ensure that ecerybody that is prosecuted are not innocent.

Lady Justice is blind for a reason.

She does not recognise tribe, race, name, creed and party affiliation.

All are equal in front of her.

Investigate and prosecute properly any corrupt individual that is all I have to say. But you feel only PDP should be investigated while your APC crooks loot and bankrupt the nation to satisfy their greed.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

You can not neglect your house and take your broom to the street.
.charity begins at home.

If the APC and Buhari want to fight corruption they must first purge themselves of corrupt individuals.

According to you only opposition politicians need to be persecuted for now.

Does that make sense to you?

Yes it make sense for now.
PDP is not the only opposition party. there are more than 20 other opposition party.
PDP is facing the current anti corruption charges because they were they were the one in power who had total control of the country wealth.
Thus bulk of the corruption reside there.

The fight is not about fighting opposition, it is about fighting corruption.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Lady Justice is blind for a reason.

She does not recognise tribe, race, name, creed and party affiliation.

All are equal in front of her.

Investigate and prosecute properly any corrupt individual that is all I have to say. But you feel only PDP should be investigated while your APC crooks loot and bankrupt the nation to satisfy their greed.

Yes I agree. the question now is timing. I am only saying for now, you must select and priotised because the country resources is not unlimited.
the anti corruption war is still early. after 2 or 3 years we can then properly appraise it.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:55am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

Yes it make sense for now.
PDP is not the only opposition party. there are more than 20 other opposition party.
PDP is facing the current anti corruption charges because they were they were the one in power who had total control of the country wealth.
Thus bulk of the corruption reside there.

The fight is not about fighting opposition, it is about fighting corruption.

The effects of corruption are more visible in the bankrupt southwest APC states.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by EternalTruths: 11:57am On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:
Sorry to say, Tinubu is a private citizen.Tinubu never held a position in the federal government and he stopped holding a state position almost 10 year ago. Unless you can go back 10 years to prove something, goodluck with that.

Meanwhile, Buhari can only bare his fangs on officials who held federal positions and on other occasions,outrageously corrupt states.
Those federal workers and officials are his immediate constituency. This is where most of the corruption in Nigeria takes place.
By the way, If or not tinubu Is corrupt, his corruption is can be considered milder an less injurious like other states. When I say other states, I mean all the other states.
Lagos is doing just fine and if not for being saddled with the responsibility of other leper states, would be doing even better.

So because Tinubu stole only State money, we should let him be

Hypocrisy is a genetic part of the so called sophisticated people grin

1 Like

Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 11:57am On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

Yes I agree. the question now is timing. I am only saying for now, you must select and priotised because the country resources is not unlimited.

The Rivers state govt has documented and presented a petition of Amaechi's fraudulent govt to the EFCC.

Fayose has since petitioned the EFCC about Fayemi's bankrupting of Ekiti

What is stopping their invitation by the EFCC?
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

The effects of corruption are more visible in the bankrupt southwest APC states.

You may be right.
for now Buhari choose to prioritized the federal govt because that is were bulk of the fund is.

by the time he decide to focus on states, it is possible what you are saying is right.

The fact that he is starting with PDP at the federal level does not make it wrong.

he must start from somewhere he choses to start from not from where u want him to start. where to start is his choice.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

You may be right.
for now Buhari choose to prioritized the federal govt because that is were bulk of the fund is.

by the time he decide to focus on states, it is possible what you are saying is right.

The fact that he is starting with PDP at the federal level does not make it wrong.

he must start from somewhere he choses to start from not from where u want him to start. where to start is his choice.

The EFCC has the jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute acts of corruption and financial crimes across every nook and cranny of the nation.

They are not limited to investigating federal officials.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
EternalTruths:

So because Tinubu stole only State money, we should let him be

Hypocrisy is a genetic part of the so called sophisticated people grin

everybody has their own time of judgement. his time will come.

but for now it is Dasuki and co time.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

The EFCC has the jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute acts of corruption and financial crimes across every nook and cranny of the nation.

They are not limited to investigating federal officials.

I never said they are limited in scope. I only said limited in resources and time. so they must prioritized.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

everybody has their own time of judgement. his time will come.

but for now it is Dasuki and co time.

Buhari and Aisha got a huge slice according to Dasuki
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

I never said they are limited in scope. I only said limited in resources and time. so they must prioritized.

How much does it cost to send an invitation to come and clarify their names?

You have now shifted to financial exigency as an excuse.

I laff. This is how you will defend Tinubu stealing from you because he reinvents his stolen wealth in and around Lagos.

Yeye
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Buhari and Aisha got a huge slice according to Dasuki

is possible. Thank God we have a thief who is ready to jail other thieves.

since thieves don't fear us the masses, thank God there is a thieve that can fight them.

let my enemy fight themselves. it is to my benefit.

so it is to the benefit of Nigeria masses that they have a thief as president who has some disdain to stealing no matter how hypocritical it may be..
at least if 10naira was stolen in d past let it be it is now 5 naira that is being stolen. that in itself is a progress. we can improve from that.

However, our desire is to ensure nothing is stolen.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

How much does it cost to send an invitation to come and clarify their names?

You have now shifted to financial exigency as an excuse.

I laff. This is how you will defend Tinubu stealing from you because he reinvents his stolen wealth in and around Lagos.

Yeye

I am not against tinubu prosecution if there are clear cases of corruption against him.
the fact that he has not be prosecuted does not mean nobody should be prosecuted.
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by APCLyingBastard: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
tuale4u:

is possible. Thank God we have a thief who is ready to jail other thieves.

since thieves don't fear us the masses, thank God there is a thieve that can fight them.

let my enemy fight themselves. it is to my benefit.

so it is to the benefit of Nigeria masses that they have a thief as president who has some disdain to stealing no matter how hypocritical it may be..
at least if 10naira was stolen in d past let it be it is no 5 naira that is being stolen. that in itself is a progress. we can improve from that.

Why cast stones when you support blindly other thieves?

Can you tell me that the likes of Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola and Fayemi have never stolen a dime?
Re: Why people facing corruption charges are mostly PDP members at the moment by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Why cast stones when you support blindly other thieves?

Can you tell me that the likes of Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola and Fayemi have never stolen a dime?

Nobody is saying so.

Are u saying if there is a bank robbery of five people, one was caught red handed and four fled that we should declare the one we caught innocent because four escape so that our justice wont be selective?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Poem Titled Corruption By Wisdomkosi - Must Read / APC Senators To Buhari : We Don't Have The Numbers To Impeach Saraki / Countries With 5G Mobile Internet And Those Scheduled For Launch In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.