Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,083 members, 7,933,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:23 AM

Jamb De 2009 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb De 2009 (687 Views)

Jamb De 2015 / Jamb De Form Exam & Credentials / Jamb De Form Closing Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb De 2009 by chukxy44(m): 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2009
NL a bit confused on the advice i should give a young friend who is interested in taking up direct entry ( has is OND) into any university to study Economic or Bus Admin. Pls can any one tell me schools that are still accept DE student and the posible courses including the requirement. Any useful informations is highy appreciated.
And for those that are yet to find a place to buy the form.
Form are very much available at UNITY BANK.
Re: Jamb De 2009 by Kitomania(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2009
Hi, Chukxy44, , it far better to Bsc then HND now adays that is why u need to be confused about DE log on the Jamb online brochure u will see the universities accepting DE students depending on which part of the country u are i`m from the north that where many student are at disadvantage, But one of the Major Problem with Direct Entry Admission(DE) is that there is no information it about from the universities Websites or from the Jambsite u have do more of it manually calling people that are base in the school or it enviros to know about the Adm List and when would it be out, currently so many DE applicant are lelt in the Dark not knowing what to do and couple the slow face in which IT is developing in the North when the info came it might be late or the wise u have to keep on checking,  But still it would be alright, ,  wish u all the best
Re: Jamb De 2009 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
pls i took the DE form too bt i had a lower credit from a well recognise poly. i chose unijos as my first and second choice. wat my chance of getting admission into the sch.
anybody with a gist
Re: Jamb De 2009 by chukxy44(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2009
aderinsoye:

pls i took the DE form too bt i had a lower credit from a well recognise poly. i chose unijos as my first and second choice. wat my chance of getting admission into the sch.
anybody with a gist
To be sincere with you with a lower credit the chances are not to bright but with the way admission and educational issues are handled the chances are almost the same with those with distintion that is if you know any high rabking admin officer in the school or a senior lecture. It has become very obvious with the new thrend that connection matters a lot. Even at that I would still encourage you to personally repare for an entrance exam inacse any is called for.
Re: Jamb De 2009 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2009
@ Chukxy thanks for the advice. but my challenge is that i dont know any student let alone a lecturer or a admin officer frm the school, i just chose the school because of the condition of my result and that the sch accepts lower credit in my field (accounting). pls any help will be appreciated.
Re: Jamb De 2009 by Bettydon2: 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2009
Pls i choose UNILAG for 1st and 2nd choice,applied for accounting and Banking and finance respectively. i finished from Federal Polytechnic Ede with UPPER CREDIT in Banking and Finance. Pls House,am i on the right track for the university i choosed. Any advice or best information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

One Love.
Re: Jamb De 2009 by chukxy44(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
aderinsoye:

@ Chukxy thanks for the advice. but my challenge is that i dont know any student let alone a lecturer or a admin officer frm the school, i just chose the school because of the condition of my result and that the sch accepts lower credit in my field (accounting). pls any help will be appreciated.

In that case just keep praying they call for an entrance exam or any test just to put you on a level playing ground with those with an upper, because i know there must have been a lot of entries from students with upper credit. And also try and work out a relationship with someone there, somebody you can call to get info and do visit the scholl personally that is how we meet people and most often get help.

Bettydon2:

Pls i choose UNILAG for 1st and 2nd choice,applied for accounting and Banking and finance respectively. i finished from Federal Polytechnic Ede with UPPER CREDIT in Banking and Finance. Pls House,am i on the right track for the university i choosed. Any advice or best information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

One Love.

I once had that Unilag accept direct entry only under Education, Hope that was the facuty you filled the courses, to be on a safe side visot the school and try and make enquires as regards admission through direct entry. Since you have already filled the form, it is best you take time off to visit the school, it is one thing to have contacts it is also another thing for them to contact u with the right info at the right time.

(1) (Reply)

2009 ASUU Strike. / Great Nigerian Students / Yofgeda Motto: Moving Yobe State Ahead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.