Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,340 members, 7,897,516 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (333294 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
Echala:

Just sharing a quote I saw in the latest edition of Men's Helath Magazine:

“People think that to get in shape you have to starve yourself. They’re wrong – you have to eat the right things (protein) at the right times (continually) and avoid eating the wrong things (carbs) at the wrong times (evenings).

I don't think eating vegetables means you are starving yourself. The easiest ways to loose weight is by counting your calories, and substituting what you would regularly eat with other more healthier foods. White rice- with brown, white bread - with whole wheat and so on. Now, the portions sizes are another, so eating vegetables i do not think is equal to starvation. You can eat everything and mix vegetables in them. Because exercising alone and not eating right is not going to give the desired result.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Pmama: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
Can you really starve and exercise? your body is no machine and will complain, you can cut down your food intake but if you starve, it is a matter of time before you go back to where you started, you'll be weak and exercise will be the least desirous. nice quote though.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
Pmama:

I am coming from 83 KG and it was this diet and Exercise that got me this far.

Wow!!! That is the best part. Its ok if it had really worked for you, we are all created so differently. There is only a rule to the game, eat the right foods and exercise well, create a deficit in calories both through the food you eat and through your workouts but more importantly indulge in what you can maintain and make your plan a LIFESTYLE. We shall surely get there buddy,
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:26am On Jan 19, 2012
I need to really ask this question from you guys, How do you handle interference in your daily routine? For me, I always feel discouraged and tired.

19/01/12

Strength training this morning, got worked up and stopped at 16 minutes.
Just tired of many things, laptop is not fixed yet, had a sleepless night, a huge assignment at work later today, my friend left in a hurry this morning. Right now am lying down on my bed posting, I don't feel like doing anything, just tired and in an irritable mood.

Please try to have a nice day ahead buddies
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 11:08am On Jan 19, 2012
Madam HG,
We all have days like those when you either don't feel like bothering with working out or dealing with obstacles. What I do in times like that is either really charge myself up mentally to still achieve my workout goal or reschedule my workout. For exampe if I was supposed to workout on Monday and I dont feel like it, I reschedule to Tuesday which is actually suppose to be a rest day for me. Sometimes you just generally need a freaking break and resume the week after, just try not to make it a permanent break.

Feel better
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2012
Hi All,
Believe everyone  is doing great.
@HG,
You don forget me,am fine thank you for asking, any progress in measurements?? 16 minutes of moderate intensity efforts is a pass or what other kind of interference are you referring to?

@Panama,
Welcome to the thread but I have to ask;are you resident in Naija
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2012
Today

30 mins running
35 minutes weights and other
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hi everyone smiley.
I feel happy posting now. I used to post here regularly at one point before i stopped because someone mentioned i was doing my body serious damage and when i asked for clarification i got no response.

Anyway, i religiously used to open this thread daily to get motivated by the super determined people here to work out and eat properly. I have gone from 73kg to 64.7 within a period of about 4 and 1/2 months of serious consistent work out and eating right. No thanks to crazy Jillian Michael 30 day shred, Taebo, zumba, Hip-Hop abs and my ever faithful skipping rope.

One of the most important things i learnt here is that weight loss should be a life style and not a short term goal and that is how it has been for me as i have no urge to eat junk again. I promised myself a cup of juice or drink during the festive season but as much as i tried, i had no desire to. I have always done 2 weeks dieting or crazy stuffs like that.

I am not done yet though. I still have 2.7 kg more to lose to get to my ideal weight of 62kg though i am now being forced to stop. Thanks to everyone including Hour-Glass, Modath, Mighty-love, RonkeBP, Agaba123, General Buhari and all the others( i can not remember all names). I don't know how you do this but you are all a source of encouragement.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
uche13:

Hi everyone smiley.
I feel happy posting now. I used to post here regularly at one point before i stopped because someone mentioned i was doing my body serious damage and when i asked for clarification i got no response.

Anyway, i religiously used to open this thread daily to get motivated by the super determined people here to work out and eat properly. I have gone from 73kg to 64.7 within a period of about 4 and 1/2 months of serious consistent work out and eating right. No thanks to crazy Jillian Michael 30 day shred, Taebo, zumba, Hip-Hop abs and my ever faithful skipping rope.

One of the most important things i learnt here is that weight loss should be a life style and not a short term goal and that is how it has been for me as i have no urge to eat junk again. I promised myself a cup of juice or drink during the festive season but as much as i tried, i had no desire to. I have always done 2 weeks dieting or crazy stuffs like that.

I am not done yet though. I still have 2.7 kg more to lose to get to my ideal weight of 62kg though i am now being forced to stop. Thanks to everyone including Hour-Glass, Modath, Mighty-love, RonkeBP, Agaba123, General Buhari and all the others( i can not remember all names). I don't know how you do this but you are all a source of encouragement.
Hey my name is in the news
Thank you Uche one three undecided
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Pmama: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
@Panama,
Welcome to the thread but I have to ask;are you resident in Naija

Yes I am here. why do you ask please?
Log for yesterday

Break fast------ Lime in hot water.
Lunch ----------- had carrots(they are in season and handy to take to work), 1 apple, garden egg can't remember how many.
Dinner------------ Okro soup, it had meat and fish in it.

Didn't go to the gym, yesterday was church and I came home tired. off to the gym people.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
@ modath, I can never forget you o. I was just overwhelmed in the morning but true to God, my heart was crying out to you especially this morning. I measure monthly but I weigh weekly, so ave not measured for now though I am loving the way my tummy looks after using the bathroom in the morning now, anyways am doing the measuring after 30DS.

Uche that is really encouraging even to me too. Congratulation on the loss and we shall all meet there. Am so happy for you.

Thanks Echala, am so grateful too

thanks y'all I just realized that I hate any interference in my routine, I will always improvise but not when am still on the schedule of Jillian Michaels, I dont want to disappoint Anita or myself too. Am still on an epileptic Day 2 Level 2 up till now. Its not too good for me personally.

@123, I forgive you for minding me
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:39am On Jan 20, 2012
@Panama,
I had to ask cos I find your diet out of the ordinary, its only People like Kate moss and other misguided folks on Oyibo websites preparing for bikini season that do such things. Lime in hot water is something you really shouldn't be doing at all, It is counterproductive.
You reiterated to HG that the diet got you to where you are. I reviewed it critically and all I saw was "semi-starvation/imbalance. do you see yourself continuing on this path in 2014 Are you in a hurry of some kind?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2012
HG dearie,nice to know you never forget me,am also happy to hear the tummy is co-operating,its so comforting to see all the hard work paying off. I have been slacking on the shred but this harsh weather hasn't been particularly nice to my bones.
I am at still at 78 and I am at a crossroad cos everyone keeps telling me they prefer me at 78 to 75-76 cos I don't look shrunken. The truth is that while its not much of a difference I find it way easier to maintain 78 than 75 but my tummy looks slightly better(without girdle). grin
A valued confidant told me the difference is that while I feel more comfortable with my stomach at that weight,it doesn't translate everywhere else cos my face and collar bone don't look so good.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:18am On Jan 20, 2012
@Uche,
Big ups,more grease to your elbow and please don't REST on your laurels.wink

@Agaba,
Hope you are doing ok and am what I stand for is the removal of the institutionalised corruption that is the very fabric of this conglomerate of an almagamation of unlikely bedfellows(I don't know the name).
Waiting for when the charade of a probe will be over so it can be business as usual.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2012
Hour_Glass:

@ modath, I can never forget you o. I was just overwhelmed in the morning but true to God, my heart was crying out to you especially this morning. I measure monthly but I weigh weekly, so ave not measured for now though I am loving the way my tummy looks after using the bathroom in the morning now, anyways am doing the measuring after 30DS.

Uche that is really encouraging even to me too. Congratulation on the loss and we shall all meet there. Am so happy for you.

Thanks Echala, am so grateful too

thanks y'all I just realized that I hate any interference in my routine, I will always improvise but not when am still on the schedule of Jillian Michaels, I dont want to disappoint Anita or myself too. Am still on an epileptic Day 2 Level 2 up till now. Its not too good for me personally.

@123, I forgive you for minding me
You are welcome hun

@ Mody
modath:

@Uche,
Big ups,more grease to your elbow and please don't REST on your laurels.wink

@Agaba,
Hope you are doing ok and am what I stand for is the removal of the institutionalised corruption that is the very fabric of this conglomerate of an almagamation of unlikely bedfellows(I don't know the name).
Waiting for when the charade of a probe will be over so it can be business as usual.
I am cool thanks. Yes I am with you on that too. I want this country free. I believe the time is now. I am happy for the new found voice but I want the subsidy to go.

I want NASS to slash their emoluments etc.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
@uche:woow, dats great. Congrats on the loss dear!
@all: good to see that activities on the thread is sizzling hot. I have been crazily busy and when its time for workout, am soooo fagged out and so havent worked out for the past 3 days. I wish i had time to workout in the mornings, but thats just not possible. Preparing for d office, preparing for school and all. I hope to workout today hopefully.
Have a great weekend all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
Uche am so happy for you, yeah my dear, loosing it is something but maintaining it is another, so it is easier when it becomes a life style, i have an 8 months goal, started October, have lost 15 pounds so far, and i still have more to go. My friends are seeing the result, the way they are screaming i am not seeing the scale scream, lol, anyways i am in no hurry though. grin grin grin

HOW IS EVERYBODY

LOG YOR Yesterday, 35 minute Bollywood dance. it was tiring but fun i had to pull myself through.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 6:07am On Jan 21, 2012
@ronke: we are fine and you? Well done, i like your resolve.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2012
20/1/12(Yday)

10 mins running
20 minutes weight
1 hr footie

Today
25 minutes running
300 seated oblique twist with 30kg
300 bike crunches
planks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
logs for yesterday 20/1/12
banish fat boost metabolism
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2012
@123, when you do seated oblique twist, do you sit on the floor or on the chair?.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by horny4u(f): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
@Hour G on the floor.

I balance on my bum with my body and legs raised
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
agabaI23:

@Hour G on the floor.

I balance on my bum with my body and legs raised

I really wanted to confirm that, its the bomb. Its one of the best core workout. I did just 45 and am almost broken into pieces, its a real thing to do 300 of that.

How is the weekend at all? See you tomorrow?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
Hour_Glass:

I really wanted to confirm that, its the bomb. Its one of the best core workout. I did just 45 and am almost broken into pieces, its a real thing to do 300 of that.

How is the weekend at all? See you tomorrow?
You did well. It is a nice stuff but not as good as bike crunches which seems easier but more effective on the abs
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
logs for 21/1/12
JMS BFBM

logs for 22/1/12
JMS no more trouble zones, 20 minutes on the cross trainer
Have a great week all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2012
23/01/12

Day 3 Level 2 of 30DS, whew!!!

Am up this morning for good.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2012
Hi All,
Have a great week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Pmama: 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Panama,
I had to ask cos I find your diet out of the ordinary, its only People like Kate moss and other  misguided folks on Oyibo websites preparing for bikini season that do such things. Lime in hot water is something you really shouldn't be doing at all, It is counterproductive.
You reiterated to HG that the diet got you to where you are. I reviewed it critically and all I saw was "semi-starvation/imbalance. do you see yourself continuing on this path in 2014 Are  you in a hurry of some kind?

@ Modath,
why do you think the diet is out of the ordinary? seriously let's not just criticise for no reason, let us know why. I am the one doing the diet and I told you it is balanced I even asked for any body that is intrested to request for the meal plan, you didn't ask for it but you are quick to criticise based on what if I may ask?, while you take your pounded yam, I go for potatoes, I eat meat/fish, I drink milk, I had my brown rice yesterday with lots of veggies, I even drank my white wine, is it the lime that is your problem? google what it does to your body, an informed MODATH BILLY BLANKS like you should know better,Let us know why squeezing my lime juice in warm water to drink is bad. I have all the six food nutrients that I require.

I on behalf of those of us that are misguided am asking you to please help put us on the right path, we are all here to learn, paste a one week meal plan for us to follow and be sure it is one we can do till 2014, to answer your question for the up tenth time, I hope to make this diet my life style or you didn't read that bit. .
Yes the diet got me where I am, from 83 in November till 73 this morning, this was after working out from February 2011. Yes I am in a hurry to get to my goat weight and just so you know, I work out minimum 3 times in a week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2012
Pmama:

@ Modath,
why do you think the diet is out of the ordinary? seriously let's not just criticise for no reason, let us know why. I am the one doing the diet and I told you it is balanced I even asked for any body that is intrested to request for the meal plan, you didn't ask for it but you are quick to criticise based on what if I may ask?, while you take your pounded yam, I go for potatoes, I eat meat/fish, I drink milk, I had my brown rice yesterday with lots of veggies, I even drank my white wine, is it the lime that is your problem? google what it does to your body, an informed MODATH BILLY BLANKS like you should know better,Let us know why squeezing my lime juice in warm water to drink is bad. I have all the six food nutrients that I require.

I on behalf of those of us that are misguided am asking you to please help put us on the right path, we are all here to learn, paste a one week meal plan for us to follow and be sure it is one we can do till 2014, to answer your question for the up tenth time, I hope to make this diet my life style or you didn't read that bit. .
Yes the diet got me where I am, from 83 in November till 73 this morning, this was after working out from February 2011. Yes I am in a hurry to get to my goat weight and just so you know, I work out minimum 3 times in a week.

lipsrsealed
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
@pmama, are you that crossed?

I don't think you need to o, modath had been a help to us here and she had always approached us all that way (it is her person). In fact all you need to do is to know what you are doing and be sure it is werking for you. Am not sure she meant to be harsh but that is Mody for you, welcome to the club. I can assure you, you will be best of friends sooner than you expected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.