Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,484 members, 7,881,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

Is Metalurgical And Materials Engineering Relevant In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Metalurgical And Materials Engineering Relevant In Nigeria? (760 Views)

How Relevant Is CIBN Certification In Nigeria/globally / Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career / Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Metalurgical And Materials Engineering Relevant In Nigeria? by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
I have done researsh on the course, an i love the concepts, but coming to nigeria i dont knw if the course is relevant or applicable here. Am thinking of changing to mechanical or civil engineering in 200lv.
Re: Is Metalurgical And Materials Engineering Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
At the moment, materials engineering is the rallying point of engineering technology. It is no longer the design of an engineering component that matters, but the matetial it is made of. Even in building these days, u will discover that it is no longer the architectural design but the novel materials used to put up a masterpice. This is cos tastes are increasing and people want almost anything they can imagine for comfort. The same way, engineering components are increasingly being designed to meet stringent conditions. It is the duty of the materials engineer to keep developing new materials, especially composite materials to meet up with increasing demands. So met mat engineering is an unsearchable and interesting frontier with benefits yet untapped. Interest in the area is low in Nigeria cos of our lackadaisical attitude to research and development. But it doesnt change the center stage it has taken globally. Nigeria is an agricultural nation with a lot of agricultural wastes like groundnut shell, rice husks, coconut shell, bamboo fibers and so, that can be converted into novel materials. Nigeria is a blue ocean for Materials engineering. Do not change to another course cis am sure u will regret it in future.
Re: Is Metalurgical And Materials Engineering Relevant In Nigeria? by jamanuka: 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Na dem SHELL give Job pass

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Own Reason For Increased Unemployment Rate In Nigeria / Can you succeed where others fail? / The Stress Of Having A Crush On Your Co-worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.