Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,960 members, 7,949,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

Who Is Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Satan? (1009 Views)

Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside / Atheism: If There Is Satan There Must Be God / Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
According to the Bible
Please drop all the things you know about this being
Please only Christians should comment, since all the other religions are false.
Must we fear him?
Re: Who Is Satan? by greatnaija01: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
vybzkartel:
According to the Bible
Must we fear him?

i feel you should allow other religions, tho we know we are authentic but let LOVE rule...... anyway SATAN is not to be feared or respected o.... YOU ARE SIMPLY TO STAY IN CONSISTENT FELLOWSHIP DAILY WITH GOD AND YOU CAN FREELY DEAL WITH SATAN AND KEEP HIM UNDER YA FEET

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
greatnaija01:

i feel you should allow other religions, tho we know we are authentic but let LOVE rule...... anyway SATAN is not to be feared or respected o.... YOU ARE SIMPLY TO STAY IN CONSISTENT FELLOWSHIP DAILY WITH GOD AND YOU CAN FREELY DEAL WITH SATAN AND KEEP HIM UNDER YA FEET

Thank ffor the comment
Re: Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
Is true the devil is a female?
Re: Who Is Satan? by Ayoemrys(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
i think that satan is controlin you by saying all other religion are false,though am a christain but disagree with you,who are you to judge?
Re: Who Is Satan? by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 30, 2015
vybzkartel:
According to the Bible
Must we fear him?
No. Don't fear the devil; it brings bondage

Romans 8:15 - For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The devil/Satan is the personification of wickedness.
Satan/devil exists in many forms. In form of demons that can posses men...(the spirit of a man is like a fortress,)

Mark 7:29
And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
No fear. Fear is one of her/his weapons.

The devil also exists in form of powers - of darkness - fear is one of them. All things defined as wickedness are powers in their own right. Just like love, joy, patience, ...etc are powers(or graces as more commonly referred to) For this reason, Christ rightly called out the devil when Peter tried to convince Him out of God's will.

The devil/satun is a Cherubim. A wicked one. Thats an angel that has specific powers/a prince with charge over a principality(of darkness/wickedness). That's why he's referred to as a King in Ezekiel 28:

Verse 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

These Cherubim are often seen in form of beast by prophets. Including the holy ones;
Ezekiel 10:14 |
And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

For these reason, the devil takes diverse descriptions in books of prophecy. From animals/ beasts to women and men.

This verse is referring to the devil:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The same devil is also subjected to Christ;

1 Peter 3:22
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
Re: Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
muafrika:

No. Don't fear the devil; it brings bondage

Romans 8:15 - For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The devil/Satan is the personification of wickedness.
Satan/devil exists in many forms. In form of demons that can posses men...(the spirit of a man is like a fortress,)

Mark 7:29
And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
No fear. Fear is one of her/his weapons.

The devil also exists in form of powers - of darkness - fear is one of them. All things defined as wickedness are powers in their own right. Just like love, joy, patience, ...etc are powers(or graces as more commonly referred to) For this reason, Christ rightly called out the devil when Peter tried to convince Him out of God's will.

The devil/satun is a Cherubim. A wicked one. Thats an angel that has specific powers/a prince with charge over a principality(of darkness/wickedness). That's why he's referred to as a King in Ezekiel 28:

Verse 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

These Cherubim are often seen in form of beast by prophets. Including the holy ones;
Ezekiel 10:14 |
And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

For these reason, the devil takes diverse descriptions in books of prophecy. From animals/ beasts to women and men.

This verse is referring to the devil:

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The same devil is also subjected to Christ;

1 Peter 3:22
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Thanks
Re: Who Is Satan? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
Blasphemy thread. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Lol
Re: Who Is Satan? by xerxesII: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Your beliefs, They're just that, They are nothing, They are just how you were taught and raised That doesn't make 'em real :-)
Re: Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
xerxesII:
Your beliefs,
They're just that,
They are nothing,
They are just how you were taught and raised
That doesn't make 'em real :-)

Feel-good opinion.. Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Who Is Satan? by PastorAIO: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Na ya papa them dey discuss so?

sonOfLucifer:
Re: Who Is Satan? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
PastorAIO:
Na ya papa them dey discuss so?

grin grin
[url=onyenkuzi.com]check this out please[/url] smiley
Re: Who Is Satan? by DedicatedEnkist: 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Satan/Lucifer is a real being. He is the True Father and Creator of humanity.For too long, so many lies and so much misinformation have been spread about Satan. He is not red with horns and a tail, nor does he look like a Halloween monster. He does not have flaming red eyes or rubbery wings. These depictions are intended to insult, denigrate, and blaspheme him.@Op,u are the one one that asked the question and that is the fact.
Re: Who Is Satan? by vybzkartel: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
DedicatedEnkist:
Satan/Lucifer is a real being. He is the True Father and Creator of humanity.For too long, so many lies and so much misinformation have been spread about Satan. He is not red with horns and a tail, nor does he look like a Halloween monster. He does not have flaming red eyes or rubbery wings. These depictions are intended to insult, denigrate, and blaspheme him.@Op,u are the one one that asked the question and that is the fact.

Jesus forgive you
Re: Who Is Satan? by DedicatedEnkist: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
vybzkartel:

Jesus forgive you
which jesus are u talking about?is it Jesús Navas González that is playing for man city?
Re: Who Is Satan? by orisa37: 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
In Heaven, God(Olorun) is President. There are two VPs. One is Christ-The Lord(Oluwa), VP in charge of General Purpose and the other is Satan(Laaroye), Devil on earth is the VP in charge of Engineering Services and Quality Control.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Satan? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Meh, i dunno

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Never Retired - Winners Chapel / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/02/16 / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.