Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage (919 Views)

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents / List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Love Is Dead! I Attended The Funeral Service Last Weekend!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by tpiar: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
agree or disagree?
Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by jmoore(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
I agree and disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by MRBrownJ: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
as there are many different type of marriages, i certainly agree... there are:
- marriage of convenience (marry someone because he can help you achieve something you desire)
- marriage for money (marry someone simply because they are rich)
- marriage for status (marry someone powerful like judge/dpo/minister/thief in robe)
- marriage for peer pressure (marry some donkey because you want to be married at all cost like everyone around you)
- marriage for foolishness (marry because everyone will think you are happy)
- marriage for trophy (aka trophy wife/star actor or singer)
- marriage for family (marry the e-goat your family forced you to marry)

then there is the marriage for LOVE, because you simply want to spend the rest of your natural life waking up next to that person that you cherish with all your might, for no plausible reason; that person that puts a smile on your face just by being themselves; that person that makes you become the best HD version of yourself. BTW that marriage is the only one that can possibly last the test of time.

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by queenfav(f): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:
as there are many different type of marriages, i certainly agree... there are:
- marriage of convenience (marry someone because he can help you achieve something you desire)
- marriage for money (marry someone simply because they are rich)
- marriage for status (marry someone powerful like judge/dpo/minister/thief in robe)
- marriage for peer pressure (marry some donkey because you want to be married at all cost like everyone around you)
- marriage for foolishness (marry because everyone will think you are happy)
- marriage for trophy (aka trophy wife/star actor or singer)
- marriage for family (marry the e-goat your family forced you to marry)

then there is the marriage for LOVE, because you simply want to spend the rest of your natural life waking up next to that person that you cherish with all your might, for no plausible reason; that person that puts a smile on your face just by being themselves; that person that makes you become the best HD version of yourself. BTW that marriage is the only one that can possibly last the test of time.
GBAM..you nailed it,in fact thread closed!

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by tpiar: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
marriage for family (marry the e-goat your family forced you to marry)

why does the person have to be an e goat simply because the family wants you to marry them? What if he or she is acceptable to you?

besides, cant people marry e goats by themselves without outside interference?

then there is the marriage for LOVE, because you simply want to spend the rest of your natural life waking up next to that person that you cherish

but dont you think someone might prefer their own room without attaching any meaning to it?
Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by MRBrownJ: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
tpiar:
why does the person have to be an e goat simply because the family wants you to marry them?

what would you rather i call marrying this stranger?!

What if he or she is acceptable to you?

read again carefully what you just wrote above... the minute someone marries a person because they are "acceptable" then it is the minute i know for a damn fact that there is no LOVE in that union.

here is what "acceptable" means:
- your dream home is a mansion in Banana island, but a shack in Ajegunle will be "acceptable"
- your favourite meal is sushi with coconut soup but soaked garri will be "acceptable"
- your dream man is a tall fit dark and handsome guy but a bald toothless midget will be "acceptable"

besides, cant people marry e goats by themselves without outside interference?

they can, actually many do "because" of love.

but dont you think someone might prefer their own room without attaching any meaning to it?

whatever rocks each and everyone's boat... if thats what you desire then when you find such man, and he blesses you with whatever you desire in life, then marry that man. the important point here is SATISFACTION/FULFILMENT

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by bennyrazz: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
I don't like posting on threads MRBROWNJAY have posted on. He has answered the question here

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by GodnGold: 12:39am On Dec 30, 2015
I agree.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 30, 2015
bennyrazz:
I don't like posting on threads MRBROWNJAY have posted on. He has answered the question here

I agree.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Sleeps In The Same Room With His Mother. Help! (re-post) / Character Of Some People Baffles Me / Motorcycle Man Left STUNNED After His S*x Starved Wife Decided To Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.