Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,151 members, 7,943,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

BEWARE Of The Luminous Inverter Scam:wandel International And Its Distributors. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / BEWARE Of The Luminous Inverter Scam:wandel International And Its Distributors. (1159 Views)

Beware Of Flattery. / CHEAP DATA BUNDLES..1GB MTN for #400 / See What She Posted On Facebook. Beware Of Fake Friends (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE Of The Luminous Inverter Scam:wandel International And Its Distributors. by coolnaijamum: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Are you looking to buy brand new inverters and batteries with supposed one year warranty to help power your home. I will advise you stay very far away from Luminous Products sold through Wandel or any of their distributors except you know them personally or you like the one chance bus.

Personally, I am a fan of dealing directly with companies or their recommended distributors so you can hold them responsible when things go wrong, but my experience with these people especially the attitude from their Port Harcourt office has taught me a major lesson. Ihave taken it upon myself to educate potential victims from falling into the clutches of this people and their warranty scam.

Most Luminous batteries are known to last just under six months in quality before they develop some sort of fault. So I was not surprised when all of a sudden, out of the blues, my two batteries could no longer hold more than 2 hours of electricity combined at full charge. Since I was covered by warranty, I wasn't too concerned. I called them to check out the batteries and they sent someone after a couple of days. To my utmost shock, the engineer spent time in my house and claimed the batteries were reading fine.
How can two batteries lasting less than 2 hours be fine. From lasting over 12 hours, I suddenly had 2 batteries that was lasting just 2 hours.
As far as they were concerned, the batteries were fine and so needed no replacement and they were to continue to be fine until such a time, when their engineer with his own voltmeter got a different reading on said batteries. So even now, when the batteries are lasting less than one hour, they are still fine because according to them this is the standard from Luminous India and replacement of batteries was premised on it failing the voltmeter test rather than the number of hours it provided to you on full charge.

This so called standard was not spelt out when they were chasing my money and pressing to make a sale. What is warranty to me, if I hold on to a useless product , which is obviously useless to me and no longer providing service but to you is working fine because your obviously tampered with or unintelligent voltmeter is getting good readings from a obviously crashing batteries.

Guess what, I was not alone as I watched other customers come with exactly the same issue and get exactly the same response as I did.

For me, I will go ahead and try to get another product from a different company but I felt it will be my civic duty to warn intending buyers to stay away. Trust me, if you are like me, you will end up spending more on a different and better product and regret ever being fooled by scammers like these
Re: BEWARE Of The Luminous Inverter Scam:wandel International And Its Distributors. by Kayxtreme(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2020
You can approach this consumer protection governmental agency. I've forgotten their name, search the internet. They should be about to help.
Re: BEWARE Of The Luminous Inverter Scam:wandel International And Its Distributors. by Uabraham: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2023
Celebrate this Easter in style with our unbeatable promotion on Genus and Luminous inverter batteries. For a limited time, enjoy a 10% discount on all purchases, VAT inclusive, and with nationwide delivery.

Our Genus and Luminous inverter batteries are designed with superior quality and durability to ensure you have access to uninterrupted power whenever you need it. With a 12-month warranty, you can have peace of mind knowing you're covered no matter where you are in the country.

Don't wait! Take advantage of this incredible offer and order your Genus and Luminous inverter batteries now. Contact us at 08038702279 to place your order, or visit one of our stores. At Mozabo Engineering , we're committed to providing you with the best products at the most affordable prices. Happy Easter and happy shopping!

https://mozabo.com/engineering/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Labour Cooperative Society's Poverty Alleviation Loan: Scam Or Real / Alert: CBN Warns Everyone From Using Their Dom Accounts To Buy And Sell Dollars / Crowd Gather To Watch As 77yrs Old Super Man Performs Wonders In Akwa Ibom(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.