Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,871 members, 7,945,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Dasukigate: Bafarawa Supports Buhari’s Anti- Corruption War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: Bafarawa Supports Buhari’s Anti- Corruption War (274 Views)

Man On Motorcycle Supports Buhari After Budget Presentation. PICS / Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma Supports Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Fight / PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dasukigate: Bafarawa Supports Buhari’s Anti- Corruption War by simongonner: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
Former Governor of Sokoto state, Alhaji
Attahiru Bafarawa, has endorsed the ongoing
anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu
Buhari.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that
Bafarawa, who is standing trial in the ongoing
arms deal corruption trial, made this known to
newsmen in Sokoto on Wednesday.
He said, “In spite of our ongoing trial by the
court in relation to the arms deal allegations, I
still support Buhari’s anti-corruption war.
“Nigerians should support the President’s
efforts to tame the social monster, corruption
as it stalls the even socio-economic
development of the nation.
“I also fought corruption to a standstill when I
was a governor in Sokoto state between 1999
and 2007.
“That was why I was able to leave over N12
billion in the coffers of the state when I left
office in 2007.”
Bafarawa added, “I have taken the matter as
an act of God and I am happy that Allah has
enabled me to take it as such.
“As for me, I will not comment on any issues
now since the matter is currently in the court.” http://www.punchng.com/dasukigate-bafarawa-supports-buharis-anti-corruption-war/

(1) (Reply)

News: Edo Filling Station Sanctioned For Adjusting Metre / This Romance Self. / Armsgate: Should Metuh's Case Be Re-assigned To Another Judge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.