Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 (20380 Views)

6 Ways To Achieve Financial Independence / Why You Should Set Career Goals / 5 Ways LinkedIn Can Help you Achieve Success in your career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by romzyxy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hackerjay:
Waoh... She just said yes today since 6yrs ago

You no get work
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by PANAFRICANA: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
rubberman:
noted

YOUR NAME DON TELL US WHO YOU BE ALREADY. OLE, BARAWO, ONYEOSHI, ROBBERMAN.LOL
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by Craigston: 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
After setting your major goals for the year, set short-term goals that'll run in, maybe quarters, and will help fulfill the long-term goal.
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by sammie234: 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
ibkgab001:
Prayer
Wonderful
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by CutieWitty(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]9c Guide lines, HOPING 2KIp up wit it systematically & practically come 2016! cool9c Guide lines, HOPING 2KIp up wit it systematically & practically come 2016!
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by olamidarsenal(m): 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
fleps:
Wait! Let me guess… You’re planning for 2016, right? Or you are just being merry without giving it a thought? Well, I get it. It’s the holidays and it is needed. I’m celebrating too.

2016 is almost here and the resolutions and goals will start rolling in. But permit me to tell you this:

You don’t need new year resolutions!

They’re simply traditions that do not amount to something great after 2 to 3 months. And they’re for those you need to get over a struggle. A research at the University of Scranton suggests that only 8% of people achieve their New Year resolutions and goals. What you need is to plan your goals beforehand; relevant goals that can be achieved.
You do not have to wait till January 1st before you set your goals. Most people fail at goal-setting and consequently fail at achieving their goals because the foundation of such goals isn’t even right. After the Christmas celebrations, spend the remaining days of the year planning your goals. Here are the 3 Sharp ways you can set and achieve your goals in 2016.

Make it SMART
Your goals should be S=Specific M=Measurable A=Action-Oriented R=Relevant T=Time-Bound.

Be specific; do not have a generic goal like ‘I plan to be better next year’ but at what? It’s better to say ‘I plan to be better at cooking/being a father/mathematics/public speaking/playing the keyboard etc
Make it Measurable. How do you know you have achieved success or you are failing at it. Having a goal like ‘I plan to be good and make people love me’ may not really cut it. How can you measure the love (or hatred) of ‘people’ for you?
Also, make sure your goals are Relevant and Time-Bound and packaged with some action. Give yourself a timeline e.g ‘Before the middle of January, I plan to shoot my first movie’. Let it be relevant to something e.g your career and make it actionable (what you will do to achieve it)

Make it Simple
The simpler, the better. Experts are of the opinion that people use the New Year opportunity to list a huge number of goals forgetting that other priorities will rise along the way. Keep it simple. It is more sensible to start small and set attainable goals but visualize the larger picture, the bigger dream.

Always Visualize and Believe it
Never loose your dreams or yourself in the euphoria of successes that will come your way in the new year. Have your goals written down and always believe it even when you fail at first attempt. A mental picture of what you want, where you’re going, what you want to achieve and even what you do not want to come your way keeps you on track especially when people who do not believe in you talk you down!
Failing to plan is the first step at planning to fail. You succeed: people will be happy and celebrate with you. You fail: it is all your fault and nobody will care to know what you went through that made you fail. It’s your decision.

Make those goals of yours SMART, Simple and give it a Mental Face.

Happy New Year in Advance!

Source: http://www.acegoals.com/3-sharp-ways-to-achieve-your-career-goals-in-2016/
above all, runaway from those that remove your charger from your 5% phone to charge their 95% phone, they can kill you and destroy your career
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
Chanchit:
No time for any foolish resolution, got only one target.

must u use d word 'foolish'? who knows if ur target is also foolish
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by joyopene90(f): 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hoping for greater opportunities in the year 2016.
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by Chanchit: 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
figo05:

must u use d word 'foolish'? who knows if ur target is also foolish

Why are you taken it personal, it means you must have some really foolish resolutions. Don't worry,since you won't show no one where you wrote them.
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by ladenz(m): 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hackerjay:
Waoh... She just said yes today since 6yrs ago

Congrats bro

But if she asks for money to travel for the new year don't give her. She might not come back. This her ' yes' is suspicious
Re: 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 by kanyanwu: 2:22am On Jan 02, 2016
Got some info i want to share!

Our company is in a recently concluded strategic alliance with a global consulting firm and require the services of vibrant and smart young trainees to support our growth objectives. The role is a relationship management and acquisition based one with strong career prospects for committed employees. Applicants should have a minimum of a first degree in any field or OND with a strong sales background. Position is commission based with a minimum range of N60,000- N150,000 monthly. Positions are open in Lagos,Abuja,Port Harcourt and Enugu only.

Applications close in 3

weeks from the date of publication.

Send resume and cover letter to kanyanwu@catenon.com or danarosso.info@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? / How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.