Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,252 members, 7,974,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:55 PM

What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. (690 Views)

Pls How Do I Use My Nokia E63 As A Modern For My Desktop Cmp / Can't See My Desktop / I Could Not Delete A Particular Winrar Zip File On My Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Chaoga: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2009
I don't know what got wrong with my computer today, i powered it on and all icons on the taskbar jumped to the left corner and the start button jumped up to the right up corner, i restarted it maybe that could solve the problem, checked anything i could do on Control panel still nothing. i don't know how to restore it to how it was before, please help.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by DualCore1: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2009
heheheh
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by kolitos007: 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2009
I don't know what got wrong with my computer today, i powered it on and all icons on the taskbar jumped to the left corner and the start button jumped up to the right up corner, i restarted it maybe that could solve the problem, checked anything i could do on Control panel still nothing. i don't know how to restore it to how it was before, please help.

Alright mate, the problem you having is not unsual, some times a system restore can resolve the issue, the problem you are having it mainly caused by your system setting been changed. Try going to start, accessories, system tools and do system restore, pick old date, and restart, that could work

hope this helps
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by nazzyon(m): 7:23am On Jun 13, 2009
Post a screen capture so we can see the desktop.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2009
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by nazzyon(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2009
oyb:

http://www.google.com.ng/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=relocating+the+taskbar&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

If this is exactly what the guy is saying then it is not a problem. 

It happens accidentally once in a while if your taskbar is not locked.

It is not a problem.

-------

OR it may be EeeRotate

And if a you have Eee Rotate on your PC it may rotate your screen. Some new laptops come with this feature.

If comes with Asus Eee Book.

----

I will check my archive to see if I have a link for instructions on how to go back.

I once installed it on my Life Book and it worked well.

Search for EeeRotate

I think I used to use Cntrl + Alt and a key which I don't remember to rotate.
---
Want EeeRotate?
Even if you don't have it on your laptop you can install it but It may not work for all.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 14, 2009
Interesting, i remember a time i was using someone's laptop, and due to the keyboard config, i dont know what i pressed and everything rotated, and that was the first time i saw that, i almost panicked, and it took me ages to get it back. . .
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by babasemi(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2009
Lets know if this solves your issue.so we can close the chapter or take it up from there.

1. Move your mouse cursor to where the time is displayed on the Taskbar.
2. Once your mouse cursor is over the time, click and hold the left mouse button down, while holding the mouse down, move your cursor to the middle edge of where you want the Taskbar to be. For example, if you wish to return the Taskbar back to its original position, move the cursor to the bottom center of the screen. When the Taskbar has moved to its new location, release the button.

savemynetwork..com
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Chaoga: 12:38am On Jun 15, 2009
Thanks all! WTF! Didn't know my mouse was crazy, I got it solved here http://www.google.com.ng/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=relocating+the+taskbar&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

@ Babasemi
That's exactly what happened but i didn't do it intentionally, my crazy mouse did, don't even know how to until now.

@ Dhtml
WTF is interesting about it?? been a moderator doesn't mean you must reply all post under Computer section, how has that contributed to solving my prob??
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2009
OPe OP just watch your mouth, i post on many boards on NL, whether i moderate or not. And it is my duty to watch all
the threads on the board[b]s[/b] i moderate, and please no more insults like WTF on this board, last warning otherwise ban.
You have no right to insult anyone on NL moderator or not. And this is a free forum, or did you pay money to post?

Looks like you dont like me, good for you, keep it up!

@others, thanks for your contribution on behalf of the ungrateful poster.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2009
^^^^^

oga moderator no vex wink wink

@ OP, computer problems are interesting smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by kolitos007: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2009
lol, how funny is this thread now, from helping someone to throwing insults, I love NL hehe.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2009
oyb, i don hear you jare, no worry, i will not ban OPe OP. . . .and i hate pulling stunts because i am a moderator.

I just like to interact with everybody on NL, i hate harasment or getting harrased. anyway, one love everybody.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by DualCore1: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2009
First, humility cuz help was needed

Chaoga:

------
help has been gotten. Now, arrogance.
Chaoga:

@ Dhtml
WTF is interesting about it?? been a moderator doesn't mean you must reply all post under Computer section, how has that contributed to solving my prob??

'least u gotten ur problem fixed. sail on, bye bye

Dhtml, i'm locking this one down. i'm assuming if i called u up to ask if i should go ahead, u'll say yes. but WTH i dnt have ur numebr tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With My Desktop Please Help. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2009
Exactly right, since he got the solution, i think it best to lock it down, i left in a hurry before i mysql_query("truncate thread"wink;
Well, i will pm my number to you right away. . .

(1)

Looking For Computer Engineers To Train Me / Help Needed Urgently / Starting Up A Cybercafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.