Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,315 members, 7,887,959 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:56 PM

Who Are The True Igbos....... A Case Of Idiotic Misrepresentation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The True Igbos....... A Case Of Idiotic Misrepresentation (515 Views)

The Ipob Propaganda......... A Misrepresentation Of The Igbo Cause / Wike’s Panel Claim That Amaechi Stole Billions Is Idiotic – APC / Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The True Igbos....... A Case Of Idiotic Misrepresentation by Eddygourdo(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2015
I have lived and worked in all geopolitical areas of our great country, My interactions with other tribes have been educative albeit harrowing, yet I realise the need for self education through diversity. I listened to the responses of our president yesterday in particular his defence of Igbo marginalisation claims where he listed out positions in his government which the Igbos occupy to disprove any marginalisation claim, as he did so I was filled with shame and confusion as he clearly depicted an ignorance I felt was limited to the yoruba people. Who are the Igbos, who are the now forgotten middle betters, who are the south south people, who are the edo people, are these also the Igbos or is this a case of deliberate idiocy and misrepresentation.

To a typical yoruba man, if your name isn't dele or Adamu you must be an omo Igbo, to a typical northerner if your name isn't dele or Muhammed you must be a nyammirri. This same misconception allowed goodluck Jonathan to append a fictitious "azikwe" to his name during his presidential campaign of fresh air, a name that disappeared from mention throughout his regime. I don't blame him for that, but rather I look at the Nigerian sphere and I see a conundrum of people whose idealogy of existence is still based on the reasons and philosophy of 1930, where the history stupidly says the nation comprises of majorly three ethnic groups, igbo, yoruba and hausa and unfortunately the hausa and yoruba have become so block headed to learn that every region and tribe must be understood and given due respect of recognition despite being in the minority, all of a sudden the edo man has no direct political representation, the benue, kogi and Abuja man has no political representation, if you have lived in the north you will realise that states like kaduna, adamawa are owned by an indigenous tribe who aren't hausa or fulani.
We can't say we are one in the same country when my neighbours do not know me nor care to educate themselves about me, to cover their ignorance they lump tribes together and call us Igbos.
Mr president buhari, Godwin emefielie would tell you he isn't an igbo man, same applies to ibe kachikwu. They represent the amiable people of the south south region, not the south East true igbo people the question thrown to you sir was hoping to address
Re: Who Are The True Igbos....... A Case Of Idiotic Misrepresentation by Doobhem(m): 8:49am On Dec 31, 2015
No matter the point you try to make, you're just misguided.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The True Igbos....... A Case Of Idiotic Misrepresentation by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2015
sad

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Army Colonel Over Alleged Involvement In Arms Deal Scandal / JUST IN; Lawyer Petitions Obama Asking Buhari To Respect Court Orders / The War Against Boko Haram (full Length Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.