Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,826 members, 7,902,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:34 PM

Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? (1287 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? by COvo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
It's new-year's eve, you receive a call by 12:05 am from a friend who wants to wish you a happy new year and because he can't hear people in joyful mood screaming in the background he asks a question, "did you go to church"? Say no and you'll start hearing all sorts of superstitious beliefs about spending the first minute of the new year in church. What's so special about it? Can't one pray in his house? What's wrong with waiting till the first Sunday of the year before going to church? I need answers.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? by HDee(m): 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
You fit pray for your room na
Re: Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? by akeensbussy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Not necessarily, you can pray in your house and sleep. Besides, is not biblical. Is one of those superstition and the African Mentality. Some like me that. Attend winners but all my all night is within my house. I just a church around pray I come back home.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? by COvo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
I think it's like every other day... No need holding any special service for it.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
Everybody in our house iz going so, I can't stay alone undecided
Re: Is It Mandatory To Go To Church On New Year's Eve? by openmine(m): 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
not really....its called choice!
It also depends on ur relationship with God not the building! wink wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Acronym For JULY? / British Scientists Don't Like Richard Dawkins, Finds Study That Didn't Even Ask / #hallelujahchallenge,a Waste Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.